Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDUkFFWEZw

Looks like you can't do everything with money after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

weekly font posted:

Lukewarm take: bianca is a one trick pony and her booking has done her zero favors.

e: this could describe most wwe soooperstars

Her problem is that her selling is atrocious (there were several points, including the very end where she just didn't sell the arm despite commentary making it very clear she was supposed to sell it, along with Iyo working on it), and her promos are incredibly one dimensional even by WWE standards. Meanwhile Iyo showed she has one hell of a ground game tonight, and came across as one of the biggest babyfaces of the night, despite being the heel.

It doesn't help that Bianca herself seems to have grown largely complacent in the ring over the past couple of years, because she knows she is going to be the top woman outside of a major scandal, so she doesn't really need to put anyone else over or make them look good. Problem for her is that tonight was a pretty severe reality check in that regard. The next month or two will be interesting, because Smackdown is in Knoxville in a couple of weeks, but that's the only real super friendly crowd I think Bianca is going to get. Saudi Arabia doesn't really care for her (her babyface career there fell apart when she beat Alexa at Elimination Chamber that one year), and the UK is pretty much in the same boat as San Juan in terms of audience preferences. And Summerslam is going to be smark central most likely.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They turned Asuka heel tonight and had to pipe in boos (because no one is buying Asuka as a heel) while Bianca comically oversold and threw a temper tantrum in the trainers room afterwards.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1657199664985169922?t=4gWv9pNSU3hZxVmMseyT4w&s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Seams posted:

I’m sure a feud with AJ will finally get Karrion Kross over especially if he is spooky!

edit: lol remember when Ronda was treated as a big deal

https://twitter.com/sharkosaur/status/1659738821028610052?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Ronda no longer being treated like a big deal is pretty much entirely on her. She has negative levels of charisma and has regressed to the point where I don't think there is a single woman on this planet who could carry her to a watchable match. It's pretty clear she doesn't give a poo poo anymore, and Dave alluded in the latest newsletter that once she wins (and loses) the tag titles, she's taking a very long break from wrestling again.

It doesn't help that Ronda has this habit of going into interviews just to poo poo on her coworkers either.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
reminder: Pretty Deadly are Pretty Good

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1659721067991113728

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

That wasn't even the tip of the iceberg, the Bianca segment was ripe with piped in noise as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUbDSUy6K7U

That's ignoring the fact that the promo itself was utterly wretched to the point of where it felt like they sent Asuka out there early to mercy kill it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

Honestly the finish sucked but Bayley kinda overshot that jump and Io looking clueless didn't help. Regardless its baffling as hell that WWE keeps trying to make Raquel a thing when audiences have never given a poo poo about her.

If anyone deserves to be ripped apart in that match though its probably Shotzi for having the absolutely genius idea to try and suplex Bayley near the ropes, almost necking her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The Iron Sheik has passed away. :(

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1666462933604265990

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

Charlotte literally does nothing but show up, win the title, have a reign, lose the title, then leave again, huh.

She's openly bragged in interviews about that. About how she doesn't do non-title feuds (as she sees no value in them), and how being in the title scene is essential to her character.

It loving sucks that they are about to cut the legs out on Asuka's reign just so they can give Charlotte her 15th title run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jackofarcades posted:

it's charlotte so she'll probably win but having asuka beat charlotte would be great

Charlotte almost certainly almost came back just to win a title. That's the only reason she comes back nowadays. And then people wonder why other women have a hard time getting over, it's because Charlotte makes sure to kneecap anyone who might be more liked than her. Especially since we've all seen how unprofessional Charlotte can get in the ring, and she comes across incredibly poorly in interviews as well.

This sucks real bad for Asuka because she's yet again, a victim of typical bad WWE booking. It's clear the direction they want to go is Charlotte vs Bianca for the title either at Summerslam or Wrestlemania. While Asuka gets thrown to the side again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those missing it, Charlotte is having a meltdown on social media over the intense amount of backlash she's getting over being inserted right into the title picture again. Even quoting THAT Triple H promo that ended up causing WWE to suffer a steep decline in popularity.

https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1667955821907677184

Keep in mind she's supposed to be a babyface!!!!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dana Brooke just had the most cursed match on NXT with Cora Jade.

It had a fake knee injury to try and garner sympathy for Dana. It backfired horribly. Had a stretcher job where the audience actively rooted for Cora to beat her up more. And during a single leg boston crab, the audience was demanding Dana tap out. Eventually the ref just ended the match, giving the win to Cora.

e: Gable Steveson is on NXT now and got absolutely no reaction lmao

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 21, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah. They cut a triple threat match, and also the Shotzi/Bayley match which had actual major storyline implications.

Also be prepared for Charlotte to win her 15th world title next week. She got laid out this week, and Vince is back in power. And WWE has banned Bianca from ringside during the match, otherwise she loses her opportunity at the title if she interferes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Pretend to be shocked but (potential SD spoiler for tonight):

All the scoopsters in the know are apparently reporting Charlotte is currently penciled in to beat Asuka for the title tonight

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Smackdown spoiler:

Charlotte didn't win, she lost via DQ when Bianca showed up in the audience and attacked Asuka. WWE probably mercy killed the match because holy gently caress the match up that point was minus star territory, and it was pretty clear Charlotte was at fault as they were cheering for Asuka and you could see some fans giving Charlotte the middle finger. Charlotte was out of position for several moves and never sold anything really. It was clear she was starting to lose her cool as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 30, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

Charlotte needs to get out of WWE, they're slowly killing someone who used to be one of the best women's wrestlers in the business.

She's never been good, pal. I think the only time she's been good is during Mania this year and even then the first part of her match with Rhea was not great. Her attitude is also absolute garbage as well. Lest we forget TLC 2019 where she started shooting on a concussed KAIRI. Or sandbagging Nia Jax (which I'm willing to forgive since Nia was just as bad in that match), or getting real lovely about the belt swap segment with Becky as well.

And while I think she would find a place in any other promotion's locker room, she would just end up being a toxic headache the moment that she was told she wouldn't be the centerpiece of whatever women's division the company is running. If you've seen how she comes across in non-kayfabe interviews, she comes across as a very unpleasant/difficult to work with person.

Digital Jedi posted:

So gonna clip this match

I would be shocked if they don't edit the hell out of this match before it airs tonight, because woo boy it was not good.

In other women's division news from tonight's Smackdown:

It was one step forward a couple of weeks ago with the Damage CTRL breakup, and now two steps backwards tonight. As Iyo helped Bayley beat Shotzi, and then backstage, helped Bayley beat up Shotzi and held her down while Bayley cut off part of Shotzi's hair. Starting to think Triple H has literally no idea how to write breakup angles.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 30, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I don't think he's using it as his new finisher full time. They were playing up Ridge Holland's injury from last week as he got Samoan Spiked by Solo Sikoa last week, and Theory took advantage of that this week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of Charlotte, this company is never going to loving learn, per PWInsider:

PWInsider Elite is reporting that WWE is thinking of replacing Zelina Vega with Charlotte Flair in the Women's MITB match. Because of course they are, Charlotte shits up the joint and then gets rewarded.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those not watching Smackdown, Charlotte and Iyo had a match that was absolutely loving awful. And despite being the heel, the audience was cheering for Iyo at the end of it because Charlotte looked like absolute dogshit. She also hit the worst ever natural selection ever.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

TV match Charlotte with another vintage performance

That's just Charlotte in general most of the time now. She has put on some real lovely matches on PLEs/PPVs as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

NorgLyle posted:

Was she intentionally trying to make that move look bad for some reason? Like Shawn Michaels doing the comic oversell for Hogan thing? If so, why? If not, what the gently caress was that?

Charlotte has exactly two levels:

1) She can give a poo poo and look good (Wrestlemania match against Rhea comes to mind) but it's incredibly rare.

2) She won't give a poo poo and makes everyone (including herself) look like poo poo. This is as common as fish are in the ocean. This was her tonight. And her match against Asuka a couple of weeks ago.

There's nothing between those levels either. It's all or nothing for her. And more often than not she doesn't give a gently caress because she knows she won't catch heat for it (at least from people who matter), because both Triple H and Vince McMahon are massive Ric Flair marks, and WWE is obsessed with the idea that people/fans will start liking her when she breaks Ric Flair's record, when in reality no one will give a gently caress at best, as she's the least liked of the WWE 4HW by a significant margin.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bad example. Kevin Nash is entertaining. Kevin Nash is charismatic. Kevin Nash is self-aware.

Charlotte is none of these things.

Also, has her character changed/evolved/been tweaked from "haughty princess who thinks she is better than everyone else because of her pedigree, and can back it up in the ring"? As far as I know there has been absolutely no growth or change in that area.

And this is a personal preference, so is extremely subjective. But her promos suck arse, and are the opposite of compelling or interesting. At least the few I have seen. Once again, personal preference, and I haven't seen many Charlotte promos/interviews.

Nope. Hell her promo when she returned last month or so was basically: "I am Charlotte Flair, I don't earn title shots. I demand them because of who I am. Non-title matches are below me, the other women can just get in line until I am done going after the title."

And WWE expected everyone to cheer for her after that. There's a reason why Sasha/Mercedes, Becky, and Bayley are more well liked by wrestling fans. They are nowhere near as egotistical as Charlotte.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

maybe she didn't book it herself but asukas streak ended at the hands of Charlotte and then asuka thanked her in the ring for it lol

its hard to think of anyone else who's regressed as hard as Charlotte has, esp with her level of exposure. she really was quite good once upon a time!!

I think you can pinpoint the exact moment Charlotte started regressing massively, and it was when Becky got more over than her, and the fans booed the everliving hell out of Charlotte winning in that triple threat at Summerslam against Becky and Carmella. And instead of pivoting, WWE kept trying to act like Charlotte was the huge valiant babyface who had to fight for her opportunities.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 22, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Potential major Summerslam spoiler:

https://twitter.com/wrestleops/status/1687966844823404544?s=46&t=VrItoYB-un-Onk32YssDUg

Additional rumors: There are rumors she is in Detroit tonight, but is set to return to TV imminently, according to PWInsider.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stall_19 posted:

Not saying she isn't back but she's booked for a Sendai Girls show in September.

WWE might let her finish up her dates, or there's also the fact that Sendai is ran by Meiko who has ties to WWE as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Tampa Bae posted:

Does she think she's going to get huge million dollar offers from AEW or is she just gunning to join fox news as a grifter

You are thinking too big, friend!

She is going to be Tyrus's new valet in NWA.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The funniest Lacey thing was the blackface werewolf incident. I don’t remember much else besides sweet tea and getting pregnant by ric flair (?)

Lacey's list of controversies since the start of 2023 have been pretty noteworthy, and it seems like every time she got caught in one, she was pulled off of TV immediately after.

1) Mocked a fan with Downs Syndrome, which is something even the biggest heels tend to avoid.

2) Returned to TV, just to immediately go on Instagram and talk about how processed foods cause autism.

3) Got into a fight on social media with Sgt. Slaughter and his daughter over her gimmick (which tbf Sgt. Slaughter is a piece of poo poo himself so this one is more of a wash in my eyes).

4) Went on Instagram (again) and went on a rant about how Barbie is woke garbage and how all her and her daughter needs is the great outdoors and fishing stuff. I have a feeling this one might have been the one to be the final straw for WWE, considering Mattel is one of their biggest sponsors.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rotinaj posted:

If the internet knew the political affiliation and reading habits of every person on wwe payroll, the screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth would never end

Honestly you don't even have to limit it to wwe, its almost all of wrestling. There aren't too many wrestlers out there who enjoy getting dropped on their heads weekly and are also are leftists or even centrists.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Island Nation posted:

Outside of he, Danielson, Nash and in theory Cornette, I can't think of any liberals in wrestling past, present and likely future. The politicking stomps that out quickly.

Danielson also thinks Kane is one of the smartest people around so uhhhhh yeah.

And yeah, WWE is very conservative, but there are a few wrestlers who are definitely left leaning (Cora Jade and Roman Reigns have both at least spoken out against Trump at least on social media), and a lot of the office workers and executives are at least donating to democratic groups, with the largest so far this year being a $1500 donation to the democratic party by Nick Khan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Kane cleaned the gently caress up on The Weakest Link

It's funny because I watched the latest WWE themed episode the other day and The New Day were dumb as hell, constantly breaking the chain, but avoiding getting voted off by the power of numbers (as each of them was participating on their own). Becky was consistently the strongest link through almost the entire game until The New Day voted her off. I think Becky only missed like one or two questions the entire time she was on.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tammy 'Sunny' Sytch changed her plea from "Not Guilty" to "No Contest" today in court. As a result, she's looking at potentially 25.5 years in prison. About time to be honest.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/08/16/tammy-sunny-sytch-pleads-no-contest-to-dui-causing-death-could-face-up-to-25-years-in-prison/

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also don't be shocked if Iyo loses the title probably at Fastlane against Charlotte. They set that up tonight, with Charlotte hitting an incredibly terrible big boot on Iyo.

I say this because Charlotte is pushing super hard for her and Bianca to feud over the title and main event Mania. Despite the fact that whenever they have exchanged blows, the audience legit does not give a poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave's star ratings for Payback (and RAW) for those curious:

quote:

WWE Payback 2023

Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus : 4

LA Knight vs. The Miz : 2.25

Rey Mysterio vs. Austin Theory : 3.25

Judgment Day vs. Owens & Zayn : 4.25

Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Rodriguez : 1.75

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura : 3.5

09/04 WWE RAW

Gunther vs. Chad Gable : 4.5

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Rhea vs. Raquel. Yikes.

I would say the match never kicked into second gear, but that would be misleading. It would be better to say it never even kicked into first gear. It was a very sloppy match, with Raquel getting gassed like five minutes into the match (it was 17:22 long according to Cagematch), and being unable to do any real power spots safely (there was a spot where she dropped Rhea right on her head). Raquel couldn't even get a reaction when she laid out Dominic.

The funniest part is that WWE plans on running the match again on Monday, this time with Dominic banned from ringside, to "make it fair for Raquel". The rest of the Judgment Day though? They can do whatever they want, including be at ringside.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So uhhh...does anyone have any update on the Riddle situation from this morning? He has since deleted the Instagram post but methinks he is setting himself up to get drug tested by WWE today.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

3 A.M. Radio posted:

What did he do?

Accused the NY Port Authority of sexually assaulting him, but then deleted the post. The only recent news I can find about it is from Ringside News (lol lmao) who has said that Port Authority had reached out saying he was publicly intoxicated, belligerent, and trying to use his WWE name to get leeway.

I didn't know if someone more reliable had come forth with an update that matches theirs, but I guess not.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Alaois posted:

Been a while since a good "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM"

The article cites Ringside News as its source, which is why I'm skeptical of it.

With that being said, Riddle couldn't have picked a worse week to do this either (assuming its true), since the WWE/Endeavor merger is set to be completed this week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Island Nation posted:

The Port Authority would have no clue who Riddle is and he isn't important enough to have WWE move a finger.

Come to think of it, when has that tactic worked for anyone not a scion of a authority figure?

Pretty much never, as far as I can remember. And the last time an onscreen WWE character tried to pull the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" card (Greg Hamilton), they ended up getting fired.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 10, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TMZ picked up the Riddle story.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/10/wwe-matt-riddle-jfk-sexual-assault-claim-internal-investigation/

I have a feeling Riddle is probably gone if it was true that he was being disorderly and then falsely accused someone of sexual assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Matt Riddle update:

quote:

After the incident at JFK Airport on Saturday, PWInsider.com can confirm that Matt Riddle is not at tonight's Monday Night Raw taping.

WWE sources have also stated that as of this writing, he is no longer expected to work this weekend's live events in Idaho and Washington, which Riddle had been booked on.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article.php?id=175262

Stick a fork in him, this reads to me like he's toast.