Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Somebody photoshop the old Vince [heart) Cock short for Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is the chicken catching on outside of these forums? If it is then it could haunt Cody for quit some time.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Now, does WWE lean into it at this point? Have Cody bring a rubber chicken to the ring and start talking to it?

Gobbledygooker in the Codyverse is better than anything I could have imagined.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I could see nxt being transformed due to this. I doubt it gets eliminated altogether though. Wrestlenomics estimates their tv deal is $30 million, and there’s no way that covers the costs of a live tv show, the PC and all the talent. There’s no other significant source of income for the brand either. I expect it will be probably lean into the reality show aspects and become some sort of hybrid of Tough Enough and nxt season 1 with a small roster that changes every 6-12 months.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Cody would have beaten Roman if he had used the cross face chicken wing.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Other stuff from Dave:

Orton's nowhere near returning
Logan Paul's deal expired after Mania but he's going to stay, if he hasn't re-signed already
Vince nixed Bayley's segment on Raw. Damage CTRL is probably done
They want to bring back Christian Cage whenever he's done with AEW (unknown how long that is), Edge wants to team with him again before being done for good

Vince refuses to die until he superimposes a blue dot over Christian’s face.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

HHH's speech was about the draft in a few weeks

They don’t have GM’s anymore, at least I am pretty sure they don’t. What’s the kayfabe reason for a roster split?

Fake edit: I’m assuming they don’t have one.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Lamuella posted:

In theory a draft is a great opportunity for storytelling, but it needs the following:

• Competing authority figures
  • alternating picks
  • storylines going into and coming out of the show

Otherwise it's just a Superstar Shakeup.

I agree with this but I would have both brands draft from nxt. Give each brand maybe 5 picks or something. You could also add trades to the show to shake up the existing roster.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I asked chatgpt to write a Cody Rhodes promo about losing a big match and getting hit with a rubber chicken:

“Last night, I stepped into that ring with fire in my eyes, ready to take on anyone and anything that came my way. But the truth is, things didn't quite go according to plan. I lost that big match, and I'll be the first to admit that it stings. It hurts to have come so far, to have put in so much work, and to have fallen short.

But you know what hurts even more? Getting hit with a rubber chicken. Yeah, you heard me right. I was down and out, trying to catch my breath, when out of nowhere, someone smacks me with a rubber chicken. And in that moment, I felt like a complete chicken myself.

I mean, think about it. I'm Cody freakin' Rhodes, a legend in this business, and I just got taken down by a rubber chicken. It's embarrassing, it's humiliating, and it's downright ridiculous.

But you know what? I'm not going to let this defeat or this ridiculousness define me. I'm not going to let a rubber chicken get the best of me. I'm going to rise above it, I'm going to come back stronger, and I'm going to show the world what I'm really made of.

Because that's what true champions do. They don't let one loss or one silly incident define them. They pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and they come back stronger than ever.

So to whoever hit me with that rubber chicken, I've got a message for you. You may have taken me down for a moment, but you haven't defeated me. I'm going to rise above this, and when I do, you better watch out, because I'll be coming for you with everything I've got.

So bring on the competition, bring on the challenges, and bring on the rubber chickens. Because no matter what comes my way, I'm ready to face it head on, and I'm ready to come out on top."

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Vince is going to rehire that moustache guy from the nxt game show era.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They should have Mr. Bean beat Roman

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

It may be nothing, but there is a Tyler Black shirt available.

https://twitter.com/blackandbrave/status/1648121571737841665?s=46&t=XvrQwNe2ohQa_fKBAbwFNg

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Credible people not yet inducted into the WWE HoF:

Demolition
Tatanka
Cindi Lauper
The Rock
Paul Wight
Christian
Ultimo Dragon
Konnan
Dean Malenko
Chyna (only in as part of D-X)
Dave Batista
MVP
The Hardy Boyz
Triple H (not in as an individual)
Paul Heyman
Earthquake
Bull Nakano
William Regal
Lex Luger
Victoria
Ken Shamrock
Dustin Rhodes

Obviously a lot of those names are not available, and this is not an exhaustive list, but they haven’t quite bled things dry yet.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The draft part of it led to some early reports that Benoit did it because he was mad about going from Smackdown to ECW.

I remember that. I also remember when Nancy Grace reported he was mad about being demoted from the Four Horsemen to Raw.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1650954524947804190?s=20

No 2 milly for Trips huge announcement that will shake the foundations of the WWE.

Is next week the draft? I wouldn’t be surprised if Vince “coincidentally” shows up for a show that will have a guaranteed ratings bump.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

MJeff posted:

I was with her until she sought reinstatement.

If they reinstate her they would immediately let her go with a huge severance.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody walked his tattoo into the heart of racism itself to solve it. What a hero.

He’s just trying to prove he’s not a chicken.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

blunt posted:

and apparently the plan isn't even for him to win it, Rollins is getting it instead!

Cody chokes again! The announcers will start calling him the Chicken Choker!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Guys, I have dreadful news.

There is video of Gunther dancing at a wedding.

https://twitter.com/Vtechnical4/status/1653004382718312453?t=SuhxBaiDuKVIrsDfp9SKTA&s=19

Vince will see this and within six months he'll be dancing to the ring.

The Imperium Oktoberfest celebration!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Kang is nothing without Kodos.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Astro7x posted:

So the WHC, which is supposed to be the Raw title, is in a tournament with Smackdown people? So if a SD person wins does the title stay exclusive to Smackdown?

I kind of can’t believe that they are already loving with the draft before the draft even officially starts.

It’s so dumb, and it’s not even designed to get anyone new over. It’s just the same established upper midcard and main event guys. Looking at the Raw roster, there are 8 former world champs. They could do a 16 man tournament and the opening round could have former champs against people who have never held the title before. This way they could build some new stars either by having someone go far or someone taking a former champ to the limit.

Here’s a tournament that reinforces the brand split and could potentially have some good matches:

Kevin Owens Vs Gunther
The Miz Vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Braun Strowman Vs Bronson Reed
Seth Rollins vs Johnny Gargano
Jinder Mahal Vs odyssey Jones*
Finn Balor Vs Sami Zayn
Kofi Kingston Vs Damian Priest
Drew McIntyre Vs Cody Rhodes

*I have no clue if this guy is any good, but he’s a new face and you have to start pushing new guys eventually

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Aw son of a bitch. Then put Xavier or Ricochet or Von Wagner* in that spot.

*unless he’s problematic too

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

C411 posted:

I just want Cody to be happy

They should let Cody work All In.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

The Serpent “Freakin” Society.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

As Triple h once said, there is a lot of bi things he is, big is not one of them.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

drat, 90 days would be end of September so that means no Shanky at All in.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I read the show recap on f4wonline. The new world title match was literally the opener, just in case anyone thought they were going to treat it as equal to Roman’s titles. Also, Cody has a metal arm now so he really is Luger 2.0.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Kennel posted:

Hey now, they said it was one of the three main events.

The other two main event were the Roman tag and the Kiss Demon’s match.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

They should have wrestlers from the main roster act as player coaches on nxt, especially if they don’t fit into ongoing plans. But I don’t think a guy who has never had a great match or great promo should be in this role.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Scene: the Brawling Brutes are cleaning up Sheamus’ yard

SHEAMUS: we need to mow that grass, rake those leaves, and remove that peat moss patch. I’ll mow, Ridge you rake and Butch, go get that peat done.

Butch winks at camera

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1666266781432856576?s=20

Uhhh did someone say #dreammatch? NXT Shawn Michaels is giving us the real Forbidden Door.

OH. MY. GOD.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

They should do a hair match.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

So is the hiring freeze over then? Did it ever exist?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Droz passed away :(

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1674863837541982214?s=46&t=XvrQwNe2ohQa_fKBAbwFNg

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wasn't that TNA Mecca and not TNA Asylum?

Also, someone do some AEW lyrics set to All Star by Smash Mouth.

Somebody once told me
that Excalibur and Tony
saw Jon Moxley and the BCC get the sharpest tools from the shed

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

I basically have no expectations for WWE, so I mostly watch the way you do.

AEW I have much higher expectations for so I'm more critical

I honestly think one of the reasons for WWE’s current popularity is that their most critical fans all quit watching and the remaining ones created an echo chamber of positivity towards the product and attracted new fans as a result.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Are WWE writers considered union?

No

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

LA Knight's insane ability to be in everyone's funny early career pictures is bordering on a super power.

I saw someone on Twitter refer to him as wrestling’s Forrest Gump.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Ulio posted:

Is LA Knight gonna be at summerslam?

Maybe. Tickets are still available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

That's no way good enough.

BWAHAHA

As a very casual WWE watcher I have no interest in Roman vs. Jey because it's just going to be another dinner theater production where Roman wins.

Cody and Brock again. lol, could be funny, but I don't really care.

Participation trophy match. Who cares. Sure It'll be a good match, but who cares.

Ronda and her friend having their masturbatory match.

That's all I know.

Rhea and to a lesser extent Dom is the act I'd be most interested in.

I still find it funny that the company that tells stories still hasn’t told why Cody and Brock are feuding.