Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to start getting the syllables right on these song parodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I don't have photoshop, somebody do something with this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIh5x6azXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKisRla1mbQ

still lmao WWE beat both of these guys

For a guy that doesn't even have a whooooaohhhhh in his theme.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

He does it during the match instead

ahahahahaha you fucker :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Cody even got namedropped for Tony's announcement that AEW's doing All In at Wembley this summer :rubby:

I said this in the GDT, but, again - AEW gave Cody more respect than the company he actually works for this week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

one of the best tag title matches of all time

Lol, christ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Just book him against Ziggler

I let out a loud ugly laugh at this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they can cut Drew before May 26th, that'd be grreeeeaaaaat.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Even if you don't believe the merger itself is going to cause a bunch of cuts, Vince was already in super cut mode before he resigned and showed no signs of slowing down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Christian could make a shitton of money to go do some Edge and Christian stuff in WWE, and I think AEW has gotten the peak of his value they're gonna get out of him unless they want to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY push him as a top heel, which I do think you could definitely do, but the guy is 49 and has already had a feud-derailing injury.

I dunno if Adam Copeland coming to AEW would be awesome or lame as gently caress.

Damage CTRL was literally the one and only thing HHH came up with entirely on his own, he booked it like poo poo and Vince has obviously completely killed it, honestly, for good reason. I feel so bad for Dakota and Iyo that they re-signed for that bullshit. I hope PAM! is a ghost and we can see her somewhere else.

So is Orton just, like, done, or what? He's been gone for a year and is nowhere close to returning. Seems kinda hosed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I think Adam would be alright in tag matches. The FTR match would be good, I feel.

I just wonder if he could reign in his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZR3vHe7ON4

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tee hee.

Tweak posted:

did cody know

There was a shot of him on the pre-show and a shot of him during his entrance while he was holding his daughter that suggested, uh, no, he found out that day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is booking malpractice.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Good Brothers probably will be the first to be released and I'll cackle especially since Karl kinda of kept the Never title hostage for a bit

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh he was never under contract, he told New Japan what was happening and they decided to do an angle instead of strip him, I don't think anybody was ever engaging in bad business.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, how loving good at this is Heyman.

He gets all the credit for the good parts of the Bloodline story (which is pretty much just boring garbage outside of Sami), he goes "hey, what if my guy wins again?", he gets it, and then HHH and Vince get all the flack.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if I would compare Kenny Omega going on a two year quest across like three hours of in-ring time to hit Okada with the One Winged Angel and take his championship with "and then the guy who was ejected for interfering with the match interferes with the match."

That finish made Cody look like a loving moron. Maybe he'll win the belt eventually, but it won't be part of some carefully laid out long term story like Kenny or Naito or Hangman. It'll just be like Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. Eventually, they'll stop loving up and do the thing they should've done months ago. And then they'll probably immediately screw it up afterwards anyway.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

The funnier outcome imho is Roman twists his ankle while working out or something and has to vacate the title.

I assume this is what he's planning when he can't convince them to just put him over anymore. Not like he's gonna face any consequences for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Roman, do we know who his next feud will be with? Coz Cody is done, and will be getting beaten up by Brock for the next month or two. So who is "big" or important enough to challenge Roman?

On the same thought, what are they going to do wrt Bloodline stories? Usos vs KO/Sami will be something for a little while. But apart from that they have gently caress all. And even if they try, all the entertaining stuff was Sami, so will it just be interminable long segments of joyless Roman saying "Grr argh I am the Tribal Chief"?

Roman is just gone for the next month and a half. Cody is gonna feud with Brock to kill time and is (probably) gonna beat Brock at which point, he'll go back to feuding with Roman. The question is if they put the belt on Cody at a Saudi show at 2 in the afternoon, which would be stupid, or actually draw it out for four months until SummerSlam, which would be stupid.

I see no reason to believe KOSZ won't just lose the belts back to the Usos at Backlash, tbh.

And yes, the Bloodline without Sami will go back to being interminable boring horseshit. Absolutely. I glanced at the Raw and SD results and apparently the new story for the Bloodline is that, oh my god, you'll never get this, Roman is disappointed with the Usos.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody put an out in his contract if he didn't win the title by WM39, COME HOME CODEMAN, WEMBLEY IS WAITING

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk is the original one to make Roman look really, really strong so when you think about it, every day of Roman's reign is thanks to Punk. I would like to be the first to congratulate Punk on passing 1300 days as WWE Champion.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Cody is just trying anything to make his name not be associated with "lmao" and "rubber chicken" for a few days, which, fair play, honestly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nothing saying Fuego Dos can't challenge for the world championship!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"They responded with a string of nonsensical reasons, such as my powers being too powerful" holy poo poo I can't breathe.

he just me like fr

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

Can someone explain to me why Reigns is being pushed as hard as he is? I watched the WWE best of reigns matches last night and I don’t really get it.

is pepsi ok posted:

Reigns was literally earmarked for this from the moment he showed up to FCW 13 years ago. It never really mattered how he performed in the ring and on the mic because this was always the plan and always how things were going to go.

To add to this, WWE's money is tied to guaranteed media deals, not tickets or PPV buys, so they don't actually have to create stars. They can just use the inertia from the last time they were culturally relevant to make insane profits. They've also done an excellent job teaching what's left of their fanbase that the brand is the star, so they'll watch no matter who's on top.

What this all means is, there's never a situation where it's financially necessary for them to create a new star or push somebody who gets over rather than just do what they want to do - push Roman. They want to push Roman, and there's no financial pressure to do anything else because all the money is guaranteed for five years at a time, so, they just do what they want to do - which is push Roman.

Which has found us at this really funny situation where despite Roman not being a good wrestler, not being a good promo, not being a draw and just not really being particularly noteworthy or successful or even above average at anything except getting pushed, he still has insane amounts of power backstage and can basically do whatever he wants, including loving off for months at a time, and the show is still completely based around him even when he's not there. He knows that they just want to push him, and that gives him basically absolute leverage over them. I have no idea how WWE found themselves in a situation where the most mediocre top guy they've ever had has them by the balls because they just decided he was the top guy, but at least it's funny!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would listen to your argument, but 20 years is a bit of a stretch. Isn't there like straight up an entire decade of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan bullshit in there?

Post-Anthem acquisition and the Impact rebranding, so like, the last seven or so? Yeah, absolutely, no question. 2017-18 is also when WWE really, REALLY fell off a cliff creatively.

At the very least, I would have absolutely no trouble believing Impact has been unambiguously better than WWE since D'Amore took over, which has been at least five years now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's definitely some dire stuff in the last 20 years of TNA, but honestly, how much of WWE is any loving better besides like, a few months in 2013 where you had The Shield, Punk, Bryan and AJ Lee all on the show at the same time. Besides that, it's just a massive wasteland with maybe one or two parts of the show that doesn't suck complete rear end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did.

Did Always Sunny rip off Family Guy?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I assume he was relaying instructions from the truck.

In which case we finally know who to credit for saving the segment. Thank you, Kevin Dunn!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
HHH is so good at following in Vince's footsteps, how much quicker did he get to the phony sham marriage only held together for appearances phase?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1645604612307664897

There's no way he actually said this, did he.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

Is Cody’s friend Matt friends with Hunter’s friend Mark

Cardona and Undertaker, tag team of the year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....so Solo's finisher is just a thumb to the throat? Like, he actually does that to win matches, not just to interfere or beat people up?

Aren't throat shots, like, illegal?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Uh, they're selling it that way because it's not a throat spike, guys, it's clearly a neck crank.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Again I think he's gonna win but God, I hope he loses.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I always assumed Brock throwing the title was a work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody will only have paid the price when it stops being funny and Cody fans suffering will never stop being funny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is there a way to double or perhaps triple goldmine a thread?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

I'm confused. It sounds like you are accusing people of worked laughter and that we are actually angry, but that we also want to see Cody lose. So shouldn't we be shoot laughing and happy at him losing?

The laughter is spiteful and fueled by anger, because we're only amused at Cody's failures because we're angry at him for leaving AEW, is the gist of it, I believe.

Which is complete bullshit by the way, I'm not angry and spiteful at Cody for leaving AEW, I'm angry and spiteful at Cody because Sami lost.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 12, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bypassing Sami and Cody to make Youtube McCryptoFuck champion. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They should have Mr. Mister beat Roman