Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why did someone even bring a rubber chicken lol

To throw at Roman when he lost.

At least someone tweeted claiming they threw it and actually were aiming for Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Cody put an out in his contract if he didn't win the title by WM39, COME HOME CODEMAN, WEMBLEY IS WAITING

He's getting sent to RoH, Orlando shows only.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I could be argued into 5 years. 20? No way, that is some dire TNA.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I won’t talk about the money I made on WWE calls so as to not disturb the Jacket hungry freaks among us

Where's the ja...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This is the low character of the average Cody Rhodes fan

Actually none of you people deserve jackets

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Someone please break it gently to this guy that Cody's tat is a pretty obvious reference to his late dad, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, and not some insipid inspirational thing

Dusty "The American Dream" Rhodes represented all of those things and more

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drips down on my stomach, it's just horrible

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/USANetwork/status/1648023125827764225

So anyways

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'm at Smackdown tonight. Wanted to take my nephews to their first show. This is genuinely the worst experience I've had, be it WWE, AEW, or indy.. People aren't even cheering or booing, they're just... screaming. Loud, shrill, directionless screams, all at the top of their loving lungs. It's absolute madness, and not in a good or fun way.

This is a great description of everyone doing the Flair Woo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

so basically a musical chairs way of having two main belts again without taking any away from Roman?

Yep, this goes to whichever brand Roman isn't drafted to.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Is there a storyline reason for a championship? "ROMAN-UHHH IS JUST TOO-UHHH POWERFUL-UHHHH SO WE MADE-UHHHH A NEW CHAMPIONSHIP-UHHHH"

Roman negotiated for less matches in his contract

This isn't a joke

Also it lets them have a new top champ for a brand instead of Roman pulling double duty.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

What's the Starbucks gift card reference?

FTR bald talked on his podcast about how Punk is a good dude because he bought the AEW women's locker room Starbucks gift cards and all the guys in the Pinnacle Starbucks cards. The Pinnacle ones were 500 each. It's a really goofy story but I guess a nice thing to do. Kind of try hard.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly it's a nice gift for people who are on the road 3 days of each week

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shane looks more natural and weird while Vince at that age looked unnatural and weird

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They took his last name too?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Actually he’s the too babyface of the company, very over, cuts great promos and has great matches. Sorry.

He's the new Daniel Bryan.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

He needs to do some sort of knee strike on the apron, then do the flip

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That move is the total opposite of the 21-plex, all they have in common is both being a suplex. The 21-plex is a very simple setup, opponent on the ropes and Bandido runs from one end to the other, and goes into the actual move which is complicated and visually interesting, flipping onto the opponent, bouncing off the ropes, into the suplex.

That move is a very long and complicated setup of going over the ropes, running past the opponent on the apron, and then going over again. Which goes into a very simple move, a suplex.

It would definitely look better with a move on the apron into the suplex or as a tag team finisher. It takes all that setup and turns it into something. Knee him in the head when you run past! his head is right there! Then all that setup turns into a 1-2 combo move.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melzter says the plan is for Rhodes vs Reigns 2 at Wrestlemania.

I enjoy long term storytelling so that’d be cool, but that’s pretty drat long even for the bygone era. I’m not sure any TV wrestling has had a story go so long before.

Overall I am enjoying the shows more than other wrestling out there at the moment. I can’t imagine Cody beats Lesnar but I can see him winning the decisive match of the feud at Summerslam. I’m just glad Cody seems to be doing what he wants because my favorite type of wrestling is Cody Rhodes style feuds and matches and when he left AEW I lost a lot of interest in that promotion.

I'm with you on all of this except for the part where it actually feels like Cody booking. Everything WWE has done with him feels like the same insane poo poo as when he was stardust. He pitches one of his crazy ideas, they go "oh yeah that's great Cody but let's change one thing" and it turns into dogshit. It feels like a public humiliation and he hasn't clued into how dumb they make him look yet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’d definitely prefer AEW Cody working totally nuts matches with completely unpredictable promos but i’m as invested as Cody is with him winning the title his dad never did, and I’m willing to put up with the humiliation stuff to get there if they have to do that. WWE is a heel company where the good guys always lose eventually.

I’d love to see him fulfill his desires for WWE and return to AEW for his last couple of main event runs.

Winning the title Dusty never won would be cool if that's what he was actually doing. I love Cody but seeing him get covered in poo poo is just sad, not good wrasslin

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

It's true, if he was still in AEW he wouldn't be able to carry water for one of the world's vilest regimes 🤩🤩🤩

People need to get over him being a patriot. Nothing wrong with loving America

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The alternative is that Amanda Huber was working when she said that was the wrong finish, which makes no sense.

A worker working makes more sense than the alternative.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/PlJKOmJ.mp4

drat, even more fascist references

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

whats the fascist reference here im missing it unless your doing a "the US flag is fascist"

Skulls, banners, the colors, the things that flag represents, all there. This company, gross.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please be nice they're not understanding my humor and that's ok

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He was a main eventer in AEW by virtue of being a marquee match every time he wrestled. It's a straight downgrade at this point because he might have started that way in WWE it's also obviously not becoming the Cody show like they first hinted at. He had the Cody show and left because he had to share a little which might be the dumbest mistake he's ever made.

Still love him, want him back.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

My guess has long been that he wanted to follow in his dad's footsteps not just in the ring, but behind the scenes as well, and be the head booker of AEW. Making himself ineligible for a future world title shot was, in my view, his way of saying to the rest of the roster "I won't book myself into world title runs like my dad did when he booked JCP". And when it was not only evident that Tony Khan wasn't going to let him have the book in AEW, but that he was starting to take issue with some of the stuff Cody was coming up with for his own self-contained Codyverse, I think that's what ultimately made him decide to leave. I don't think it was about money at all; he went to WWE because they're the only other major promotion in the US that could afford to pay him what he wanted (at least, without having to travel overseas a lot), but I think if TK had offered to let him be the head booker but at the same pay he had when AEW started up, he'd have taken it. Again, this is all just speculation on my part.

It's this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

Is that the name of the kid? That's a stupid name for a person

It's their last name, they're not naming the kid Mario Mario

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I'm begging this forum, please stop caring what randos on Twitter think

But how will you know I'm better than the freaks if I don't identify and show them to you?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Remember all the times Cena took a detour from being the most important guy in the company to feud with a joke character whose gimmick is that he's annoying.

Actually he did spend like six months feuding with Laurinitis. Hm.

I mean, kinda yeah.

No way would he let the slap happen though

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Did he slap them? Feels important

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

How can I bet on baby gronk?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody made so many guys in AEW, I feel like Dom (who is already top heel based on reactions alone) potentially goes to another level after this feud if his ring work can keep up.

I never would have thought the doughy weird son of Rey would get these kind of reactions and nail his AJ Soprano dipshit character like this. Glad to be wrong about him

Dom being over is really the proof for me that nothing is really wrong with WWE anymore but the product is not what I'm looking for. He's obviously over, people love it, him and Rhea have absolutely hit being mainstream famous, and I just have zero interest and it's not what I'm looking for in wrestling. More power to all the women I know who have recently gotten into wrestling because Rhea Ripley is really hot to them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

you and I have extremely different definitions of the term "mainstream famous"

For wrestling I assume anyone who my non-wrestling friends ask me about unprompted is blowing up. I've heard a lot about Rhea lately.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Really Technically no one is mainstream famous anymore but if you do good TikTok numbers that's similar

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

is this the tom green show but way worse

Yeah but it's still a great show, Green was just an innovator.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

His comment is more about the co-opted wrestling media who chose to focus on the lulzy stache instead of anything of consequence

I don't think wrestling journalists needed to be distracted to not talk about Vince and his crimes. They didn't do it when he didn't have the stache either.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Charlotte needs to get out of WWE, they're slowly killing someone who used to be one of the best women's wrestlers in the business.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean yeah if you start evaluating her when she gave up instead of her great years in NXT and the first few years on the main roster.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Coaaab posted:

psp has become the most pro-aew, anti-wwe forum on the internet, where now the most vociferous arguments occur when debating which is best in aew

Before AEW we were just the most anti-wwe forum where the most vociferous debates were about who hated it most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1675226241287487488?t=NBA8-XOrgS2Gu9hJ93yPpQ&s=19

Ahem, I'm sure that the safety police will have plenty to say about this disgusting bump.

What if we do that RoH spot that broke Dante Martins leg but die instead