Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jay White was Uncle Howdy at the Royal Rumble, but he was already an inside man for TK and he missed the dive on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

I feel like we've glossed over Liberty Media almost buying WWE.

As in, the current owner of the Atlanta Braves almost buying WWE.

....I mean, I think it's funny at least

they could have held one of the Saudi PPVs on the same weekend as the grand prix!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kennel posted:

The first five for Sami, Kevin, Usos and Drew. The second for Sheamus. The sixth for Gunther (fifth in WWE making him the sole leader ahead of Gargano with four)

What was Sheamus' first 5 star match? I assume it was an earlier one with Walter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Raw Underground was memorably bad, imo.

i still lament every day that its gone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Is Dangoor a gimmick or stupid?

louis dangoor makes a lot more sense when you realize hes a 16 year old british boy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't get my hopes up, Drew Galloway...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember when akira tozawa was a wrestler

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I love the XFL Fiend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Vince went through several personalities at the time. All of them used the N word but only one did it on camera. I think it was a result of him being exploded in a limo.

no it was the leadup to him being exploded in a limo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I can't wait to see Roman with his three belts like he's the WWE's answer to Misawa in the 90s.

all japan unifying the triple crown into one belt was the worst decision they ever made

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

alicia fox could do a northern lights suplex and a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker to perfection and i remember nothing else about her in-ring

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the average wrestling fan is very stupid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

colby goes back to DPW, first words into a microphone are "SKEE-WHOOOOOOOOOOAH"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was just thinking, man cody really loves that "flash pin a guy while they do their finisher on him" spot huh

he did it to darby after getting hit with a coffin drop, he did it to penta after penta did the armsnapper, i'm like 90% sure he did it to someone who put him in a submission but i forget who

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

0konner posted:

Cody rolling people up from their finishers is a good thing about him and should happen in wrestling way more. All the storyline “technical” wrestlers should be way more prepared for their opponents top move they constantly win with.

is cody a technical wrestler

what technical wrestling does cody ever do

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

....I'm at a USFL game and Big E just showed up.

That's surprising.

I think Big E has been at every Michigan Panthers game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Everyone who misspelled the name Siryn on this page should be ashamed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

brock lesnar isnt even that tough

all you gotta do is punch him in the stomach once

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh i thought the joke was that they made fake cgi banners that's just a guy's severed head in saudi arabia lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

Ringtime for Hitler

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So is that Karl Frederick's as the wish.com Shingo or is it someone else?

yiff.com Shingo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ignore British Posts
Report British Posters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cody's already checked that one off the list

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

A friend of mine lives in South Carolina and he said that a local brewery (that is 90s theme) has a brand new beer:

not only is triple h the least cool wrestler to name a beer after, he's also the least fitting!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they did say it was a 90s themed brewery so using a picture of triple h from the 90s is the least objectionable thing about it, including the concept of a 90s themed brewery

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

If WWE had any idea how to do goofy humor Lacey could actually get the over the top drill sergeant over.

Have her berate some NXT goofs and make them do burpees till they puke. Make Omos do an agility course. It would have to be a parody to get over so WWE will probably have her play it serious

Just replay that clip of her pre-Lacey Evans running drills at a Performance Center tryout and berating Sammy Guevara about his forward roll

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bartok posted:

you don't remember people goofing on CGI Jeff Garlin?

are you assuming anyone here watched The Goldbergs lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

They've done something weird with that lady's eyes, both in that gif and the match graphic. She looks like Sean Young in Blade Runner, which is to say she looks like an android.

I think it was bix who pointed out that the WWE consistently shrink or otherwise gently caress around with people's eyes when they make renders of them

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Wait, FX isn't Fox?

who owns 21st Century Fox now, MJeff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the one perfect season of Terriers was on FX

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

bad bunny vs carlito will main event the next wrestlemania

It would genuinely be the best wm main event in nearly a decade

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only thing to remember about LA Knight's original NXT run was that his name was Slate Randall and he never made TV

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

You forgot the part where Cora was gonna put Dana in a figure 4 but forgot how to do it so just did the single leg crab instead

Wow Shawn Michaels really is teaching them everything he knows

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Congrats to Rhea for some people online thinking she's hot, but even on the front of "attractive woman with a social media following" she has half as many Instagram followers as Charlotte Flair, who is absolutely not mainstream famous.

Zero wrestlers who rose to prominence after the early Ruthless Aggression era are anywhere close to being mainstream famous

there are people who are surprised when they learn that Dave Bautista was a wrestler

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

wwe owns right now because theres all these guys who you look at and are like 'at least they've got some young talent in the midcard, hopefully they get something to do in a few years' and then you look them up and they're 37 and tweeting 'yeah i think ive got a couple more years in me'

hotshot young riser Punishment Martinez, 39

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

whos dexter lumis and how is he 40

he was Sam Shaw in TNA 10 years ago

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah im gonna listen to that guy sound like he's about to cry for 90 minutes while talking about roman reigns. not!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

i liked when this dude made a video about some indie rpg with gollum-esque goblin creatures and referred to them as 'african' despite this not being mentioned or implied anywhere in the game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Namtab posted:

A match is worthless if that one guy doesn't give it 4+ stars

Its funny to complain about this because meltz massively overrates wwe matches because he grades them on a curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think adding Mr. to the start of any guy with just one name makes it a better name by default