Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Did anyone do Vinceflex coming out of the Codyvator yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The production was a lot more tolerable than the last time I paid attention too, in terms of the camerawork and commentary. But I’m guessing both will go back to being so terrible it makes the whole thing unwatchable again now Vince is backs

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I still feel like a non-terrible version of something like Raw Underground (a stretch, I know) would have been the ideal way to present the product during lockdown. Way less lame than the Thunderdome at least, anyway. ‘Arena shows are banned, so we’re filming Raw in a basement’, or, ‘A billion dollar company has to resort to backyard wrestling’

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 10, 2023

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Surprised to see them run with ‘hey if you throw stuff in the ring we might include it in our promos!’.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
‘A circus owner from the 1930s who harasses the dancers’ is supposed to be an absurd image but it’s 100% serious and accurate actually

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

STORY OVER?!
YOU’RE drat RIGHT I’M OVER!

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Sorry, it’s too late, I’ll accept nothing less than her v Hayter in the Wembley main event.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Clearly the new funniest option is for them to give the Cody belt to Punk instead of Cody, only for Punk to once again immediately melt down and/or turn his bones to dust

I don’t dislike Cody, but unfortunately for him, him continually stepping on rakes is the most entertaining thing in wrestling right now

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Yeah that’s definitely how drafts work in other sports too: when nobody picks you, you get to choose who you want to play for

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Maybe I’m missing the rules of that match but I don’t feel like doing a double team move in a tag match is that dastardly

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Why would you even agree to do that stip? Wasn’t watching AEW at the time so it’s a genuine question. I guess it seemed like the magnanimous thing for an EVP to do? Seems like the sort of humble-but-not-really thing he’d do anyway.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
That all makes sense, but I still don’t get why you’d then go to a place where you likely get absolutely zero creative control over any part of your work. Unless he’s waiting out Vince and/or Hunter to die and hope he gets lucky with the book.

Maybe there’s another world where he’s at AEW a little longer and Tony just lets him book ROH to keep him happy or something.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
“He’s not man enough to make me tap out” makes no loving sense.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Have WWE finally worn down their audience enough to accept whatever they’re given? With Cody it feels like they’ve said “this is the guy, not anyone else you like instead, cheer him” for the millionth time, only now the crowd seems to have said “OK fine”

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
In kayfabe how is going back down to developmental to challenge for the title seen as anything other than a massively embarrassing loser move. It should be the wrestling equivalent of Homer entering the build-your-own-power-plant competition, surely.

E: vvv yeah pretty crap analogy but I don’t know enough about the American school system to make an analogy about a grown adult going back to high school and acing all his final-year exams and expecting everyone to be impressed or whatever

NXT should have done a Van Wilder-type gimmick by now if they had any self-awareness about people being stuck in developmental forever.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 31, 2023

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

The Cabrera's....what

Stone Cold’s not taking the news well

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
They should have just invented two fake governing bodies to name their titles after, like they do in Japan, if they wanted brand-specific titles without the headache of what happens if the Smackdown Women’s Champion moves to Raw or whatever

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The new UFC belts look awful, way worse than anything the WWE has. The previous ones, that all basically looked like The Big Gold Belt, were some of the nicest belts around.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Kennel posted:

The Khans will buy Wembley to prevent WWE running there.

They’ve tried to buy it before, so I wouldn’t rule it out

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
They’ll just invent yet another consolation belt that he’ll immediately win on his return.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Looks like Endeavor's future has been future endeavored

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Just remembered they made up a new “we’re not gonna take the belt off Roman” consolation world title but they didn’t give that to Cody either lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Are you saying they delivered the news using the Steiner Math promo?

I must be more PSP-brained than internet-brained because this was what I thought they meant at first too.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Is there anyone who could be released that would actually be good in AEW and/or New Japan? Anyone I’m familiar with is - I’d assume - too high up the card to be let go (though who knows)

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Griff Garrison’s promo on ROH this week was him basically begging his new tag partner not to suck as bad as BPJ so he doesn’t also lose his job lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Can’t decide which is funnier: Punk showing up or Punk not showing up.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The question of whether ‘the locker room hate Punk and want him gone’ is a work is moot, because if it’s a work now it won’t be within six months. Every promo cut on him in AEW said this, and it was a work there until it wasn’t too.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

CM Punk gets injured and then they have him be an announcer at wrestlemania.

:yeshaha:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i'm not here to make friends, i'm here to save money

*static*

*guitar riff*

“JUST DO MY SIIIIIIIDES”

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Actually the real reason Punk is broke is he bought Starbucks vouchers for every single woman in Saudi Arabia

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Punk’s so broke he had to borrow Danhausen’s wrestling boots for his world title match, poor guy

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
What’s Reigns’ not-Spiderman logo supposed to be anyway?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Maybe at some point they’ll start caring about the number of defences instead of just sheer length and Roman’ll get booked on a Goldberg run

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

rotinaj posted:

https://youtu.be/WkTODGr05t0

(In case anyone else didn’t want to go looking)

This is Roidtech for millennials

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Not a Rogan fan but him talking about Punk’s UFC run in such pitiable terms on his podcast is very funny.

https://youtu.be/yxleZpWSKQE?feature=shared

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

The funniest thing about all of this is that they could've just split the Roman belts in the past year but instead created the "well he doesn't want to lose ever so now we got this belt" championship

:lol:

And Roman has 3 belts actually too, I just remembered :lol:

I feel like there’s a non-zero chance of Cody beating Seth night one, then losing to Roman in a unification match night two. And then the cycle starts all over again with yet another Fake Title For Losers

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
You gotta hand it to Punk, it’s quite an achievement to derail the World Title picture of different major promotions in consecutive years, and all because he can no longer take a bump without a limb falling off.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
So is Dwayne going all in with wrestling because he’s giving up on his tanking Hollywood career, or is this just a sidequest? It doesn’t seem that long ago he was bigtiming WWE and didn’t want anything to do with them.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 5, 2024

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Imagine paying $2,500 just to sit in the crowd and listen to a visibly nervous HHH going "For the last time, I've never looked into anything Vince did even though it was basically my job at the time, I just wanna talk about how much money we made!"

I’m guessing packing the media room with the biggest marks in the world instead of anything even resembling an actual journalist will make HHH a lot less ‘visibly nervous’ at these things. You might even say it’s the entire point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
So did they want the Rock to do a big singles match with Roman but discovered he’s too old and broken for that so they pivoted to the tag match? Or did they change it because everyone hated that original plan? Or was that not the plan at all?