Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Some stories never end
some threads do
Never did I think Cody
would be with Chicken Boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Maigius posted:

The beating of Cody, this badly seems metaphorically like Vince wanted the symbolic representation of WWE, in Roman and Brock, to triumph over AEW (Cody).

Cody should have gone and asked Shane how it goes when you're so thirsty for Vince's approval.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

HHH to announce Endeavor has bought Wembley stadium.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If there's chicken references from the crowd on Monday I'm sticking a fork in Cody, he done.

This might be too funny to go away.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Davros1 posted:

What if fans start showing up to the shows with rubber chickens to wave at him?

Anyone here going to Raw who can afford to buy a couple hundred rubber chickens? Could help change the course of wrestling history!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

Please God let this culminate in Brandi coming out and cutting a promo on Heyman where she's the heel for completely inexplicable reasons

Brandi showing up to berate the fans for their rubber chicken memes is the only next chapter of this that is acceptable.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

lol why all of this for roman reigns of all people?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

No, but seriously. He's not a draw. Why all the concessions and mega push?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

Everyone that HHH brought back that Vince already had released once before i bet are nervous

Regal would be the funniest IMO.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

Supposedly pretty deadly was set to debut on RAW during the canned rollins segment, Vince nixed it

lol did he canceled their debut in the commercial break?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BrigadierSensible posted:

Something I thought of about this whole Cody business.

It's all about Cody. All the talk, all the feeling, all the interest is about Cody. And what it means for Cody going forward etc.

Nobody gives half a poo poo about Roman. Yet he's the champion. He's the one who is getting pushed. He is the one who is supposed to carry the company. Etc. But nobody cares. Nobody has anything to say about it.

Not even in a "BOO! We wanted to cheer Cody winning, and you took that away from us. BOO!" kind of way. It is just a shrug. Even in the depths of the LOLCenawins era, it was still all about Cena, and him and his story etc. People cared about Cena. But at Wrestlemania, nobody cares, or even noticed that Roman won, they care that Cody lost.

Which is not good news for thw supposed face of the company, when your champion is so uncharismatic.

Same thing with the Sami feud. No one gave a poo poo about Roman per se. They cared about Sami. Jay would KO would have been the 2nd and 3rd most important people in the feud. Roman was just kinda there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

HHH's speech was about the draft in a few weeks

That will assuredly shake up the WWE Universe!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

To be fair when has Vince ever given a poo poo about Smackdown?

The only reason HHH is Smackdown booker is because Vince doesn't work Fridays.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Majinfoose posted:

The shows should be booked by the Muppets. Still less chaos than Vince, more charming, a lot less rapey.

I've heard stories about Fozzy Bear.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

abraham linksys posted:

are they going to have Vince and HHH on each side of the draft? How do you a draft with no show GMs? Have commentary make the picks?

Have they ever had actual people make the picks? I always remember it being a dumb animated graphic that randomly picked or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

skaboomizzy posted:

they had "war rooms" a few years ago, the Fox one had the football robot in it

Ah, I remember hearing about the football robot.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

Roman is just gone for the next month and a half. Cody is gonna feud with Brock to kill time and is (probably) gonna beat Brock at which point, he'll go back to feuding with Roman. The question is if they put the belt on Cody at a Saudi show at 2 in the afternoon, which would be stupid, or actually draw it out for four months until SummerSlam, which would be stupid.

I see no reason to believe KOSZ won't just lose the belts back to the Usos at Backlash, tbh.

And yes, the Bloodline without Sami will go back to being interminable boring horseshit. Absolutely. I glanced at the Raw and SD results and apparently the new story for the Bloodline is that, oh my god, you'll never get this, Roman is disappointed with the Usos.

If we look at the Wrestlemania VII iconography used for Cody merch for this year's Mania it can be a signpost for where we're going for Summerslam. Assuming Cody is WM7 Hogan then at Summerslam it will be Cody and a flighty big star he used to fight (Brock) vs. Slaughter (Roman) and his lackies, (the Usos).

Cody/Brock vs. Roman/Usos in a handicap match. That seriously doesn't sound that outlandish.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cody fulfilled 15 wishes on Wrestlemania weekend, failed to fulfill one.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

bartok posted:

What is with HHH's obsession with TNA's main event scene during the 2010s?

Unironically, on average TNA/Impact has been better than WWE for most of the past 20 years and the IWC can't handle it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

I would listen to your argument, but 20 years is a bit of a stretch. Isn't there like straight up an entire decade of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan bullshit in there?

Post-Anthem acquisition and the Impact rebranding, so like, the last seven or so? Yeah, absolutely, no question. 2017-18 is also when WWE really, REALLY fell off a cliff creatively.

At the very least, I would have absolutely no trouble believing Impact has been unambiguously better than WWE since D'Amore took over, which has been at least five years now.

There were absolutely terrible times in TNA, but even when the booking was poo poo you still consistently got great in-ring stuff from guys like AJ, Daniels, Joe, Angle, Christian, Beer Money. And it's personal taste but I prefer "so bad it's memorable" to "bland and boring" so I liked stuff like Homicide getting stuck at the top of the cage like Pooh Bear, and Bischoff selling for a bird, Joker Sting, etc than the Cena decade long death march push.

But yeah since D'Amore took over there's still some poo poo I'd prefer was lessened on the show but they give you at least one banger a week and the show is booked like how you'd attempt to book a wrestling promotion, which puts it ahead of later year Vince.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

That DICK! posted:

Dwayne Johnson, name a country where Black Adam debuted #1 at the Box Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbLo0YO1QQ&t=78s

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Someone call the local medical facilities in Stamford to check if they have a patient named Paul Levesque

The guy who played that Hunter Hearst guy? He was future endeavored after jobbing to Warrior at WM12.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Invalid Validation posted:

Has any WWE side project actually succeeded?

Due to WWE opening my eyes to different cultures I now proudly support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

:siren:Cody has acknowledged the chicken :siren:

I want to know what Cody said about the chicken.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Awesome, although I feel bad for Cody that he offered up his innocence to Brock Lesnar. :(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s fun to cheer on the rapist as he once again attempts to humiliate a third generation of a family he has always attempted to humiliate because of their relationships across racial lines. It’s funny because um…uh…that loving Cody should have turned heel because he’s Homelander! That loving piece of poo poo needed to say “i’m bad now” or else it’s not what I want. My diaper is full go Vince go! Finish the story (Killing the Rhodes legacy).

In all seriousness Cody will be fine. This thread will always suck and be people being angry while “laughing”.

I'm confused. It sounds like you are accusing people of worked laughter and that we are actually angry, but that we also want to see Cody lose. So shouldn't we be shoot laughing and happy at him losing?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

Bray has been away putting on more weight and getting plastic surgery to become Dusty Rhodes so Cody can have the greatest feud of his career against his own father.

Uncle Howdy will play the splotch.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Orange Carlisle posted:

logan paul has to be the one to dethrone roman

it's the only way this can play out for maximum comedy after cody gets squashed by brock

Triple Threat: Roman vs Cody vs Logan Paul.

Paul pins Cody to win the title, keeping Roman strong brother.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Wait so the fake obnoxious college gimmick are the faces?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I almost believe this because why would Vince care about who goes where when he knows his booking ideas are unshackled from any phony draft.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

:rubby: now he's thinking if he Dwaynes/Cenas it they might finally cave and like him

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1647037205485846528

They're going to keep the belt away from him out of spite just because of how thirsty he is for it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

He just blacked out his social media pics and took out his bio that included WWE mentions

No way they cut him loose before Wembley.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

"get paid in NFTs of your own face. trust me."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

very happy with mine

The only reason this doesn't exist is no one there has thought of it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/beckylynchwwe/status/1648015623325380608?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

Her verification badge is gone from changing her display name, but that’s the real account

Uh.. okay, Becky. Do you want me to call Stamford for you, or...?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Between Becky Lynch no showing Raw and the BREAKING news that Seth "Freakin" Rollins is going to wrestle The Miz I don't see how a single member of the WWE Universe could miss tonight's WWE Raw on the USA Network.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1590&page=4&search=seth+rollins

TV-wise there have been 22 times they've faced each other in some capacity, 3 times they've faced each other in singles match. Seth's won all 3. Of the other 19 times, Miz won once ever (a triple threat IC title shot he got from pinning Finn, not Seth)

Clearly Miz's story isn't over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

projecthalaxy posted:

So! I was today years old when I found out the difference between Outsports, the SBNation LGBT sports blog, and Outkick, the whatever this thing is.

I was really confused for a second there!

Outkick sounds like a failed early 2000s Blackberry clone.