Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
maybe someone can get vinny mac interested in cody by letting him know that cody is down with clucking and hope he mishears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Does Cody actually gave a lisp or is that just a wrestling affectation.

Cause that’ll keep him out of speaking roles before his dumb tattoo.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'm at Smackdown tonight. Wanted to take my nephews to their first show. This is genuinely the worst experience I've had, be it WWE, AEW, or indy.. People aren't even cheering or booing, they're just... screaming. Loud, shrill, directionless screams, all at the top of their loving lungs. It's absolute madness, and not in a good or fun way.

thats just the roster, vince must be at tonights show

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

didnt get all of it!!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

Current draft picks

1) Roman (w/ Heyman and Solo) stays at SD
2) Cody to RAW
3) Bianca to SD
4) Becky stays at RAW

lmao

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

So why is Solo packaged together with Roman and the Uso's aren't? If RAW drafted Judgement Day would they get Finn, Dominic, Priest and Rhea or would Rhea be separate because she's a champion?

why are you asking for reason out of this nonsense

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

turns they made a belt so that Seth Rollins can get a payoff for being insanely over while the absent champ is loving off?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

the gigantic man is absolutely going to squash the golden American boy at the blood money show bc wwe can't not book 50/50, the crowd will love it, and it will be safely cordoned off in the show no one watches in America in wwe booking going forward

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

yikes

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

MotU posted:

Ringtime for Hitler

wow

also wrt the Nazis in wrestling thing I just listened to part 2 of 6 of behind the bastards about Vince McMahon and I did not know anything about the von erichs and wowie

but yeah this whole imperium thing is just all the Nazi poo poo they used to have heels do in the 60s but with fewer swatiskas

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dom is just so bad at talking. Just painful to listen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Grem posted:

Ronda's childhood was super abusive, from the sound of it, all towards the goal of being "the best". It's like she's been trained since birth to be the shittiest person imaginable.

no sympathy for sandy hook truthers

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

wrestling characters should be eternal, like batman or spiderman. just let new dudes be undertaker and hulk hogan and the hitman or whatever. who cares. if you did it with care and not trying to gently caress the workers like with fake razor ramon, it could work.

they already do it anyway with gimmicks a la ric flair and the nature boy thing

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

"my company, that is me, says i am good man, so go away ok"

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Potential major Summerslam spoiler:

https://twitter.com/wrestleops/status/1687966844823404544?s=46&t=VrItoYB-un-Onk32YssDUg

Additional rumors: There are rumors she is in Detroit tonight, but is set to return to TV imminently, according to PWInsider.

gently caress yeah

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

haunted bong posted:

Were any stories finished because of that match?

actually yeah i think we're done with cody/bork

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

well that was stupid

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

the end of the bloodline will be all three uso's teaming up to take down thanosroman reigns

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

You’re thinking of Smackdown

what a great bit that was. a joke that went on so long it started funny, got tedious, then wrapped back around to being funny again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/johnrclark12/status/1691303402054066176?s=20

lol
lmao

I saw someone say some of these sections are 4x - 6x the price from just 3 years ago. That dam inflation

I see this and I think of the dudes I see on the front row of every single ppv/premium live event or whatever show I catch on Peacock and I'm forced to reckon with the reality that these people don't only have all the time in the world but also they must be wealthy beyond measure.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

is sheamus retiring edge tonight

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

fuckin bummer, man

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

counterpoint to negativity: seth rollins rules and every time ive seen him (tho i missed the main last night) he is incredibly over with the crowd endlessly singing his intro music until he finally takes over and talks into the mic

maybe they were down on him last night since i missed it but that would be surprising!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Pylons posted:

Being over doesn't mean you're good unless you're calling LA Knight a good wrestler.

i didnt say he was good wrassler, just saying it aint all bad!!!!!!!

i like his ridiculous presentation, hes fun.

e: i also think la knight is fun, it's a good time to root for dudes that are having fun and connecting with the crowd and not being force fed poo poo like suffering succotash anymore.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Wakanda Forever is pretty blah but the guy who played Namor hopefully is still laughing his rear end off considering that's the other role people had fan-casted The Rock for for ages.

Hes probably too busy getting dropped from Netflix movies because of his sexual misconduct allegations to be laughing tbqh

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

This dude looks like a monstrous villain in a manga or something

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I just realized I don’t even know why some of ya’ll hate Cody.

Can anyone quantify it? Is it betraying AEW? That he didn’t want to turn heel? (he did turn heel by the way it just wasn’t a pure heel alignment, he leaned into the reactions and put over his opponents.)

Is it the tattoo? Why is it funny when bad things happen to the Codester

hes a loving dweeb, op

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

what in the world

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

WWE is dumb and bad but I will always hand Peacock or the Network or whatever has the rights $10 to watch the Rumble and hoot and holler

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

This match was so good

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

bartok posted:

I hate to recommend it now but I remember really enjoying Chris Jericho's first autobiography.

Yeah it was good. A really funny Cena story still sticks out from it in my memory of Cena outdrinking everyone at a bar night in a hotel, Cena fireman carrying Jericho to his room, and Jericho later waking to find himself having been tucked into bed while Cena sat in the corner of the dark room, listening to Jericho’s iPod while drinking the beer Jericho had stashed in his room.

e: also some good insane Vince stories

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

bartok posted:

I think Moana was the last thing I genuinely enjoyed The Rock in.

He’s doing the live action of that

Also saw a commercial for the UFL with The Rock front and center

Who knows what the next Fast movie is gonna be or do since Vin Diesel just caught a sexual battery suit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

zetamind2000 posted:

saturday night live

hee haw was on cbs 6 years before that

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AI is getting better at people, but still too unreal

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lmao

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

DuhSal posted:

How does Trump have so many people simp for him? Dude rambles incoherently

The people that like him are also incoherent

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Watching Smackdown ahead of Royal Rumble next week

So is Pretty Deadly just them firing Tyler Breeze and then hiring two generic brand Tyler Breezes?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Congrats to Pete Dunne, finally completed Trip’s four year plan

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Cody is such a lame geek. Seriously how is this dude anyone's hero?

Six year olds arent very discerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

if the hulkster wins the rumble i'll not only go back to watching raw all the time but i'll post a new discussion thread every week just like the old days

he's winning the rumble and taking back his belt

a 70 year old hogan attempting to go into business for himself in a rumble would be a draw, brother