Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i feel bad for cody but this is the funniest possible way he could flame out

Nah Cody will be fine. He's a big enough star to where this isn't gonna hurt him or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if vince adds a rubber chicken into the next raw he's core-locked and headed straight for the ground

Vince isn't hip enough to memes to do that.

But yeah, a chicken isn't gonna hurt him. It's still funny as hell. What's gonna hurt him is the stupid booking they started at Mania.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sending HHH out there like a hostage making videos saying everything is fine and they're treating the workers great

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cuts are gonna happen yeah. It will also be pretty telling if HHH's people are protected this time or not.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think last time they had the networks do it which had Cleatus the Football Robot in one of the draft rooms.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Samoan Spike rules. Solo has to work more on making it look vicious like Umaga. And yeah people need to sell it better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This guy is making me cheer for Roman now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Popy posted:

look at all these wolfpac likers smh

It's because they're back causing mass destruction and they're the bad boys of wrestling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Twitch thing is weird because Dakota has been streaming pretty frequently all this time. And I think Tegan has too after she got rehired.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bam Bam and Demolition aren't in? Huh.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GOTY

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does Punk even have any friends left in WWE? Who would he even be there visiting?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

So what exactly is happening? Is there a tournament for the new belt or did HHH not say?

Only said someone would be crowned on the Night of Champions. Nothing else yet.

That belt looks better than their other ones, but yeah, if you're going to try and replicate the big gold belt just use the big gold belt.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Seriously... that's all they had to do was just bring back the original title.

And to really just drive the point home on why this is such a good idea, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship share a lineage with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Which is the title that Dusty Rhodes held. So if Cody's whole deal is trying to win the title his dad never held, he could say that his dad held that title and would technically be correct, and still make him go after Roman and the title he has.

I think it's supposed to be the same since they called it the World Heavyweight Championship tonight. So I think the idea is them splitting that off and Roman is WWE Universal Champion.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Oh, that reminds me, are they going to have to make a new set of ugly tag titles for the brand split too after the Usos win them back?

That match is gonna end with a double pin or disputed finish and they're gonna split the belts off.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if it turns out that Vince was actually their best writer all along

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Isn't Trish here to feud with Becky...?

Those are the names eligible to be drafted.

They've done this before. Like the one year when they posted the list in the actual order they were getting drafted lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's way more complicated than what they're doing. The draft pool they use is fine. These people can only be drafted on day 1, these people can only be drafted on day 2. It's easy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Omos is too tall to be constrained to one show

Omosapiens are gonna take over

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1653021464436654080

Io Shirai isn't American you doinks

if it means Pacific Islander-American then Dakota Kai isn't supposed to be there either

Dakota has Samoan heritage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pretty Deadly are great but probably gonna die on the main roster

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Legit one of the coolest moments in Raw history. That shot of the stage looping in on itself, the joy on Paul Bearer’s face before Kane comes out, that loving pop. It’s so perfect.

Paul Bearer also gesturing to Kane then pointing to the ring was great too. He was always such a great manager.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're a stable. Santos was helping Rey, and Rey decided to bring in El Legado del Fantasma into a new LWO.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

The actual real answer is:
- Austin Theory
- Solo Sikoa
- Bianca Belair
- Rhea Ripley

Two of these are good choices, two of them are very bad choices.

Solo seems pretty decent though. I think the jury is still out on him but he doesn't have any personal baggage and his ring work is fine and getting better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't think age is really too much of a factor these days with how healthy most guys are and how much nutrition and science has come along. Probably around age 50 is now what we should be looking at where it's going to be more difficult to keep up. But even then so many wrestlers now are just freakish about their bodies that it's possible they could keep going then, like R-Truth.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

I only saw him on a handful of shows when he was Punishment Martinez and always thought he was kind of a lovely wrestler getting by on being Very Tall for the indie/ROH scene.

Is he actually good and I just missed all the shows he did good stuff on or is it just the Very Tall thing?

He's all right. Like he probably won't wrestle any five star classics, but the fact he had an amazing match with a celeb where the wrestling parts didn't look out of place at all speaks to having some talent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Honestly what they did with Dominik is flat out incredible. He was floundering big time before they learned into it and ever since that angle of him getting arrested he has just been amazing. His ring work still isn't anything to write home about but his character work is just so good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The newer themes all feel like a mixed bag. Like the Gargano remake is really really bad. But Rhea's newest theme is really very good for her.

It would be cool if they used more real bands though and not just in house stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

I like the over the ropes into the German Suplex part of that. The part setting that up takes too long.

But I can never really be truly mad at wrestling moves that are silly and don't really make sense. The People's Elbow never made sense but it ruled

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seth got cast in the new Captain America movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That sucks. I figured it was bad, but still hate to see it. Hopefully she can be back by the Rumble.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

I see Cody has moved from the "wins all the time" phase of his booking to the "okay maybe he lost, but he had an excuse for losing, someone interfered/look at his arm" phase of his booking.

He's only lost one match

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the Goldust character in theory where he's would be kind of like Ziggy Stardust. But yeah the homophobic stuff sticks out like a sore thumb now.

Modern Goldust is just Dustin wearing the costume and using the name but other than that barely has any connection to the original gimmick.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eh, not to say Reigns has defended all that much, but it's a lot different now than it was then. Back then you had the champ going to new territories and defending the title every night because that's how you drew people to watch the show.

You can see how that changed with Hogan and national TV. He still defended a lot on house shows, but it was moving more to defending only on television and eventually PPVs. And these days it's rare for main champs to defend on television, let alone house shows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dom rules. He plays his character so well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gunther and KO had a great match, as did Rollins and Priest.

Gunther is on a loving roll right now, which isn't really a surprise, but he's being pushed like an absolute beast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mrenda posted:

Dom was much better when no-one took him seriously and acting like a little weasel. He's still acting like a little weasel but he seems to be being billed as someone serious, which deflates the whole essence of him.

Nah he's still not being booked as being taken seriously. He's always hiding behind and getting help from Rhea.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

Dom gets nuclear heat but hes absolutely atrocious in the ring so its a p bad idea to book him against anyone. Better to book it against another member of judgement day with shitheel Dom as a valet.

Cody vs. Rhea. Book it, coward HHH

Aww, sucks to hear about the Shiek

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

they're probably dropping the "raw/smackdown" title names

Yeah, one will probably be a world title and the other the WWE title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

If they’re set on directly mirroring the men’s belts then it’d be the women’s world heavyweight championship but that’s obviously a bit weird to apply to a division women rarely ever fought in in combat sports so I guess we’ll see.

Probably just gonna be the Women's World Championship