Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Cody losing might have always been the plan but the rubber chicken thing is taking off and that's the kind of embarrassing poo poo Vince hates and kills characters over.

Cody's push ended by the one thing he always wanted to please and could never make happy... the fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Lid posted:

one of the things that we gladly wish would come to AEW, they're good op

Is that the team where one kicked the other into a backward gimmicked door?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

MJeff posted:

Y'know, they could've put Roman in this tournament and had him lose. His other title wouldn't have been on the line so it wouldn't break up his precious most special boy reign and you could actually put over that this stupid thing matters just a little bit.

And everybody would absolutely believe that they could book Roman to win it, so there would actually be intrigue.

It would have been funny to put him in the first round against like that barefoot dudes and all the other tournament entrants come out and beat the crap out of him. By him I mean Roman's opponent, so Roman is DQ'd.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Whenever I think about how unpopular WWE must be I remember there's EMF and although we're a smallish forum compared to the American population, if there's one here, there's lots everywhere.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Didn't see this discussed yet but Baron Corbin and the chef reactions guy are building a fued on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CupfqGPJi2Z/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I love the chef reactions guy and all but God drat are they scraping the bottom of the barrel with influencers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Good thing they fired that guy! Wyatt family is in a much better place now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

karmicknight posted:

it's almost as if doing an impression of two people who were popular in the 90s feels inherently inauthentic to some people.

Those people don't watch WWE anyway

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Ronda's childhood was super abusive, from the sound of it, all towards the goal of being "the best". It's like she's been trained since birth to be the shittiest person imaginable.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Didn't they already do Finn vs Roman? This feels like when Joey dates the same woman twice with years in between and he's like, drat, I really ran through all the women in NY? (I know it was just her roommate but still)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Ron DeSantis saved wrestling and I'm not afraid to say it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Bret Hart was in an episode of The Simpsons

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Liv Morgan is a hippy, straight up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

God drat.. Really hope Bray gets to be happy now...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Like, drat, you can say his wrestling sucked and his gimmick sucked but the dude legitimately tried to be as entertaining as he could and used his creative energy to give the fans what...he thought they wanted...sad day

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

MJeff posted:

That segment was so weird because Miz didn't play it like he was a smarmy heel doing a ha ha, he played it like he was dead loving serious and he was really angry at an invisible John Cena next to him, to the point where he needed to sucker punch the invisible John Cena with a mic to get an edge on him.

Really loving weird stuff, not in a good way.

Also he went "WHAT, IT'S JOHN CENA, YOU CAN'T SEE HIM??????" and as you know, jokes are always at their funniest when you explain them.

Was this before or after Clint Eastwood yelled at an invisible Obama?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Alaois posted:

this was days ago lmao

Oh my god

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

This will probably be Elimination Chamber

How you think they're goiing to get all that poo poo over there? Flying or by boat?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Aw man Madi Wrenkowski trying to go to WWE? Such a waste.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Can someone cliff notes that poo poo. oh my dick who wants to read all that

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Better than both and also a bigger money draw.

The Bunny outdraws the Rock and Stone Cold, too, good point.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

1. If Nia sandbags a Jaded, I hope she just gets face planted hard.

2. Wow that age gap for Hogans new wife is waaaaay smaller than I expected

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

I liked Pillman Jr on like, the kind of level that I wanted him to do well but he never really pulled it together. Who knows, maybe a different look somewhere else can unlock something for him. I doubt it mostly because it's the performance center but it's possible.

He's a really gross CHUD

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Lol David Flair catching strays

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's no loving way there was a ppv tonight lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Wait where was that one UFC that was open air and Anderson Silva almost got fired for being boring?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Jade could lose her first match with like every female on the roster coming out to give her a chair shot or hit her with the ring bell or whatever and she just keeps getting up until Asuka finally mists her and Charlotte pins her. Just a monster in defeat.

Actually lol I don't care WWE sucks and fantasy booking it just makes me sad.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't know what that Chelsea and Natalya fight is but if you get a street fight rematch every time someone wins via small package that's cool.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

I don't get why BPJ gets piled on so badly here. Yeah, he's not good, but it just seems like a lot of unnecessary punching down.

Well you see BPJ is making half a million dollars for play fighting and he's not even good at it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Fair - punching down wasn't the correct term. "Bullying" felt too strong so I went went punching down instead. My bad.

You can just say it's giving you bad vibes, or giving you the ick.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

WWE wrestlers don't even get to be listed as just their name in movies lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Baron Corbin is a pretty good example of a dude that could be decent in the right company but he's WWE brained and AEW is full

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Honestly with all the stuff Bad Bunny and Logan Paul (it's Logan, right?) are doing with WWE and not making a dent in their scheduling for their full time thing it makes every other celebrity look absolutely lazy in comparison besides Andy Kaufman.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

So is Jade still just randomly showing up of nah?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

This page is really firing on all cylinders

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

super macho dude posted:

A lot of cope for a wrestler who was actually just not good or be ready to be pushed at the level they pushed her at. Jade LOOKS incredible but her timing and selling sucked.

Her look is the double edge sword, she came in looking like a champ and you can't really have someone like that struggle if you're eventually gotta make her the champ.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I have a student that is a legit WWE fan. She still sees Cody as the one that will dethrone Roman, doesn't care about CM Punk but will be pissed if he en's the Rumble.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Vandar posted:

This is Maxxine's second ever singles match, and also only her sixth match overall.

I know the answer is 'lol WWE' but why the gently caress are you putting her on TV like this?

And if you're doing this, why ain't it a twenty-second squash by Rhea?

Uh so why is she on Raw and not NXT? That is awful.

The submission is cool, though

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Lol arrested for marijuana in 2023 just don't go to the south holy poo poo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Sorry I do not trust Florida cops. I was military police and if you follow a car long enough everyone swerves. Guessing someone that looks like Liv has marijuana on them and saying you smell weed is par for the course, too.

Anyway let's make jokes about how AEW has a guy bragging about swerving when he drives and WWE people get arrested for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'll have you know I can neither make sweet tea nor am I very well liked backstage :colbert:

I am. I am Lacey Evans