Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Count Thrashula posted:

I haven't watched anything but I've been following the whole thing tangentially and I still don't understand why Cody gave up the title shot OR why Rocky gave it back lol

Dumb fuckin storyline

It's dumb, but what I THINK they are going to say is that Cody hadn't actually made up his mind when he let Rock take over on that Smackdown (even though he literally said "I'll get you Roman, just not at Wrestlemania", FORGET THAT WWE UNIVERSE) and had just reached out to him to get some advice from a legend, in the presser Cody says to Rock "I talked to a lot of people", I think maybe trying to imply he was just getting input and hadn't decided yet, even though he literally said he wasn't getting Roman at mania.

Roman and Rock being heels (now confirmed for Dwayne I guess? That nonsense in Vegas made him pretty heel, saying "we do what we want!" to Rollins at the end) took that as confirmation Cody was going for Seth and they could have their family match, thinking that (in kayfabe and reality?) that Roman can just do what he wants and Rock the same, only to be disabused of that notion at the press conference when Cody says "I choose you Roman!" and then, maybe?, finding out that, yes, as the rumble winner Cody can choose his opponent.

It's dumb and it's because they wrote themselves into a hole, but it's what they got :shrug:.

If you want real bad writing, consider Seth. Not the poo poo about him being #2 and at the losers table, but he begged Cody to choose him and leave the "hollywood" belt for the phonies. If Rock/Roman is on, shouldn't Seth be happy? He wanted Cody to pick him and that's what looks like what's happening, so why is he at the press conference interjecting asking how Roman can just decide to face Rock? Seth wants that match to happen! But he's a babyface, and Rock/Roman are heels so what they want is bad, even though it is 100% what Seth wanted.

Dumb company run by rapists and people who cover for rapists op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

the sex ghost posted:

We're bringing back Gangrel and Steve Blackman next week

Sweeten the pot with Ken Shamrock and you got a deal.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Hirez posted:

can someone translate australian to english?

Haven't seen it, but from context:

WWE Superstars and Proud Australians Rhea Ripley and Grayson Waller filled shoes with beer and then drank the beer from the shoe, a classic Australian tradition*

*that has only emerged in the last decade, it wasn't around before that**

**confirmed by me, Australian from birth

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

stab posted:

When they dubbed him in english was loving great back then too, now that would be like what the gently caress

Edit: cause it might be viewed as hella racist

I honestly don't remember this. Late period WCW is a blur to me. Was it Kaientai "We serve evil!" style dubbing? Was it worse somehow

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I made the mistake of checking Squared Circle and lots of WWE stans are convinced Stone Cold is showing up at mania to help Cody.

I have no idea what this is based on.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Drakkel posted:

Why is he called the American Nightmare when he's supposed to be the ultimate white-meat babyface?

Well, his Dad was the American Dream. And Nightmares are like dreams, except bad, so it's like Dusty's nickname, but not.

Like if Stone Cold had a son who wrestled who was called, like, the Texas Cottonmouth or something, not much thought was put into it.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
So if Rock/Roman vs Cody/Seth is Night 1, and Cody vs Roman is Night 2...

Is Seth vs Drew a mid-card match on Night 1 or 2?

lol at the loser belt, Cody was right to shun it.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its one of those gifs that perfectly sums up late stage wcw it rules

I haven't heard this story, let me guess.

Nash was supposed to be blood bathed but refused to take it? So instead of changing the segment, they poured the blood/viscous red liquid on the ground next to him? How close am I?

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Rock wrestled for nearly 45 minutes and did a total of 4 wrestling moves.

A spinebuster.
A sharpshooter*.
A rock bottom.
A people's elbow.

The rest was punch/kick and belt shots and walk 'n' brawls. But on the positive side I think he did more bumping than Roman did, so, the workhorse of the heel team**?

* In fairness, it didn't look as lovely as Rock's sharpshooters normally do.
** In further fairness, they all spent most of the match standing around, but I guess Rock added threatening the ref and Mama Rhodes, putting in work Rock!

Overall a very boring show, the main event dragged, there was lots of terrible matches, especially Uso/Uso and only Becky/Rhea and Sami/Gunther passed into actually kinda good, but no MotYC's here.

But god, that main event just dragged so much. It did speed up at the end, but it's like it went from idle to first gear, still very slow. I'm glad I used very legal means to watch the show.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
This is not a big deal, but WWE stans seem to think WWE is much more polished than outlaw mud trash like AEW, but then again, WWE does have things like the last two in a Battle Royal fighting on the apron, who's going to be eliminated??? oh my god, but one of the two didn't go over the top rope and isn't in danger of elimination?

If the time-code doesn't work about 14mins 5 secs into this one. Liv goes over the top, but Becky goes between the top rope and the middle rope, but they are playing it like she's in danger? Did they gently caress up? I just don't understand why you would do this and not have it play into the finish i.e. Becky jumps down from the apron to the floor and drags Liv with her and then laughs about it as she wins? But that's not what happens and it would be pretty heelish, but surely Becky knew she wasn't over the top rope, so the whole thing on the apron loses tension? Am I over-thinking this? (Yes). If you can't trust the rape company to get it right, who can you trust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3dcdmJqgUg&t=847s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

TheSwizzler posted:

who are these fedheads and wwe stans that some of you keep posting about

they're not on the forums are they? I hope not they sound p dumb.

I keep making the mistake of reading reddit. People post the cinema stuff here as a joke, but it's not a joke there.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Why watch the video or write all those words if you think WWE can be summed up as the rape company? Concern about the sexual abuse that took place within the company at the highest levels seems very much warranted, but throwing it in as a jab at the end of an unrelated rant feels flippant, like you're just using it as an insult because you don't like the company for other reasons.

The rape company stuff ain't flippant from my pov.

It's more about the idea that now Vince is gone, all that stuff is in the past and we can just move on, even though the enablers are still there. And I like mocking the bad company, especially when they do a title change in the main event of their TV show and gently caress the finish and the aforementioned fans on reddit can't seem to get enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

shiksa posted:

I mean just in general, she dresses like a space empress now and like, idk they're great outfits I just can't square it with the Becky lynch I liked

I think the problem might be that the overblown outfits worked for Seth and Becky's heel characters, they don't quite mesh with babyface characters. Especially if they are underdog baby faces.

"Dresses like an rear end in a top hat" isn't usually a positive trait.