Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rarity posted:

So much happening in our world today

Turns out Cody might need to beat developmental again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Answers Me posted:

Did anyone do Vinceflex coming out of the Codyvator yet?

gently caress I shoulda added the moustache

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Looking forward to them accidentally posting the draft results on WWE.com before announcing them on TV, as is tradition.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

they put cody on a different brand AND created a participation ribbion belt so that he can feel like a special boy without ever beating the most special boy

amazing

and apparently the plan isn't even for him to win it, Rollins is getting it instead!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I went 90 once. Never again.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tony should have let Cody book Rampage. It might not have been good but the Codyverse would have been more must-watch than Rampage's current incarnation

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Happiness posted:

jericho was on dancing with the stars when it was at its viewership peak averaging 21 million viewers per week

Who's more famous, Chris Jericho or The Miz?

How much does Roman hate that The Miz is significantly more famous than him?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the domino meme and the first domino is shawn michaels saying "i'm sorry, i love you" before superkicking ric flair and the last domino is "stacks isn't a snitch!"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dynamite Dominik Mysterio

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Has Logan Paul fought Brock yet? That seems like it might be fun

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Could it be?! Oh my!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Endorph posted:

people 100% know john cena was a wrestler because of the its john cena memes (real)

This somehow has over 11 million views

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7164471434755034373

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I understand that not all tony nominees must be musicals but i would be far happier if there was at least one musical soliloquy from one of the bloodline members

Maybe when MJF joins the fed next year he can take The Bloodline out to dinner

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

The Usos have like completely different tattoos and hair and I feel like they never really did a lot of "twin magic" type stuff. They're just twins who are a tag team but like they clearly have made a point to be individuals. And you know, if you've ever known twins you know you can tell them apart through mannerisms and such since they're not identical humans.

Its not hard to tell them apart if you want to. You just don't really care enough to.

Back when people ITT actually still watched WWE they had matching hair, matching tribal tatt locations, matching gear and your task was to remember whether Jay painted the left or right half of his face

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Island Nation posted:

Outside of he, Danielson, Nash and in theory Cornette, I can't think of any liberals in wrestling past, present and likely future. The politicking stomps that out quickly.

PAC is apparently left enough to be pro UBI. ZSJ called Rishi Sunak a dickhead on an NJPW PPV.

Score 2 for the Brits.

blunt fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 16, 2023

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the more liberal wrestlers were still mostly centrists which is almost as bad as being a true conservative.

Centerists are literally just conservatives with the social awareness not to admit it to others or themselves.

blunt fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 17, 2023

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hedgehog Pie posted:

The best of politics in wrestling:

Bill Clinton at Wrestlemania 10
Sarah Palin in TNA
Obama vs Hillary on Raw
Cryme Tyme mugging George Bush

What are some other classics I'm missing?

https://twitter.com/hunterharjo7/status/1311152007001124864

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

imagine if you will 4 kevin owens perched on the edge of a cage

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hoss Corncave posted:

In terms of people who could likely be let go, who would AEW want? I can't think of many people.

The sound guy

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tony this is the only one you're allowed to hire. Tag division needs some Hollywood Honks

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Have they done anything to explain who Jade is / why she's a big deal? Or is the WWE Kayfabe reason literally that she was a big deal in AEW (ergo AEW is a big deal)?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol MJF isn't going to WWE you absolutely dolts

I remember when we said this about Cody

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Is the rear end video still on WWE.com?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

75% of what made Jade fun to watch was Smart Mark Sterling

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

All this time people worried about hindering Jinder instead of Jinder hindering Seth

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I've got no interest in watching Raw again but when Netflix inevitably make their WWE version of Drive To Survive/Full Swing/Break Point I'm so there.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

edit: PWInsider and Dave both still saying nothing's progressed with Drew McIntyre, but Dave thinks they think Drew's going to stay since they teased him being Punk's return match (Punk will be out till summer, but Drew's deal ends in April)

Plot twist: they add Punk's injury time onto Drew's contract

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm sure Drew is cool but I don't really need to see another WWE guy in AEW this year, especially with Osprey and Okada already coming in to add fresh matches

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Fart Radio posted:

A question that's on my mind: if we get our collective wish and there's a total cleaning house of WWE's upper management and culture, who does TKO get to run the company?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

So if it's Roman/Rock and Seth/Cody, and Seth is injured and Roman doesn't work B shows, what's the Elimination Chamber for?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The ghost of Kevin Dunn has left the building

https://www.twitter.com/TheFogJones/status/1769904224798683502

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sandman from ECW posted:

Can someone photoshop Vodka Cody into a Mr Fantastic outfit. Maybe have Brandy as Invisible Woman. Dustin would be the Thing I guess. Maybe the dog can be Human Torch man I don’t know. Can you do that?

Like this?

IDK who the superheros are but I'm hoping I nailed Brandi as the invisible woman.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I still think this is all a ploy to get Moxley back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_px6w1bXcg&t=18s

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Nah

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

NWA has been on a meteoric rise as of late. Only fools will ignore them because they don’t have a cringe rich owner that is wasting their money like AEW

Is their world champion still an obese Fox News contributor?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is it cheating if you use one of these? is this the av equivalent of a high spots match?

Yes, that "hair" isn't fooling anybody

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The AEW equivalent of the Sami entrance would end with the wrestler entering a half filled high school auditorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMr3HINWdq8

cinema

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

The Jericho entrance from this match was so good that I forgot all about the Moxley one

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Billy Gunn is 60 this year