Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No need to cenor it in the Fed, this is what Cody wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i feel bad for cody but this is the funniest possible way he could flame out

I don't feel bad this all happened because the MF refused to turn heel

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah Cody will be fine. He's a big enough star to where this isn't gonna hurt him or anything.

He got geeked out and had a rubber chicken thrown at him

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

He wasn't. It was Jay White working on a handshake. That's why you haven't seen him since

Sloppy shop letting their Uncle Howdys work without a contract

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

from the crowd at Dynamite

Adrenaline
In my soul
L M A O
Cody Rhodes

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Not only am I confident they will always make the most cynical decision I was rooting for this one because it would be more objectively funny than the usual

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's an extremely generous 4 1/2 even without the ending

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

I can't begrudge Christian for taking a big payday for one final run with his bestie where they'll be treated like a huge deal. You go treat this business like an ATM, bud :unsmith:

ehhhhhhhh...

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

reignofevil posted:

Edge comes back for the last hoorah of the brood but this time Christian Is Also Present.

Yeah I'm all for Christian making a gently caress ton of money, but let's not pretend this would be anything but Edge and Christian

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

No, but seriously. He's not a draw. Why all the concessions and mega push?

Vince

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

We know. You hate a guy for leaving a company you didn’t enjoy watching him in for a company you don’t watch. Respect.

It's because he should've known he was going to be made to look like a geek in WWE.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Was her match at Wrestlemania actually good or just good grading on a curve? Because I'm surprised she didn't just drop it quick and easy to ditch out on post-Mania season

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Those are the two most important things in making a good match so that makes sense

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Stage 3: Bargaining

We've reached depression and acceptance

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Roman and Charlotte both rule because they both know they're going to be pushed no matter what, so why show up for work? It would be a lot more embarrassing for them to pretend WWE is a meritocracy and they owe anything to it. John Cena is embarrassing for how much he has historically cared

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Anyone still watching deserves exactly the show they get

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Someone send him the New York 64

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"I don’t really know (why Brock Lesnar was upset after the WrestleMania 34 main event"

sure you don't

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

So Cody loses, and loses some more and then quits WWE and then he gets some disease and dies and he’s gone now, will the thread finally feel Cody has paid the price for…uhhh…being against racism and…not turning heel?

It will be interesting to see.

drat we're back to anger, really big setback :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's not unexpected, some people will move back and forth between the first four stages of grief as they struggle to process the fact that Cody not only lost, and wound up with a rubber chicken next to him, but is apparently headed into a Vince-booked feud with Brock Lesnar

Some lash out, wail, moan, and despair. Others can't :lol: often enough :v:

You're right, recovery from being a Cody believer isn't a straight line. Its a struggle knowing Cody willingly left the company he started to be booked by a rapist

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm neither angry nor spiteful at Cody, his combination of hubris and self-delusion in leaving AEW and returning to AEW has resulted in some very funny situations thus far :)

The man thought he could just will the crowds into cheering for him and then thought he could will noted evil man Vince McMahon into booking him as a babyface who isn't a fuckface loser after that didn't work

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They should have Mr. Beast beat Roman

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Q_res posted:

I mean, technically?

The walls of his own colon.

That was the horse

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

BUDDY WE HAD A DEAL :argh:

This is the low character of the average Cody Rhodes fan

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

They look like what someone's grandma would imagine if you told her the words "video game"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bigelow's only WWE main event program had him losing to a NFL player and he never really had close to that. Even by WWE's lax Hall of Fame standards that's not really good enough

This hall of fame has Koko B Ware in it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA over the past 2 years is better than at least current NOAH for numerous reasons

I'll give two right off the bat: no world champ over the age of 40 (NOAH's had 4), no Kaito Kiyomiya humiliation (NOAH's done it constantly)

Yeah but the Kaito thing is really funny

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

New CM Punk belt looking good

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

So Cody is going to Finish The Story halfway across the world on a Saturday at 3 PM, and it's not even going to be ending Roman's 1000 day reign, it's going to be for a title that was made 20 minutes prior.

That is.....rough.

I'm lollin' all over again

Shinjobi posted:

Eat poo poo, Cody. How did you not expect this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they loving made him a tnt title lmao

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Every promotion got the cuck belt

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

them creating this belt is giving me the vibe of when they announced that saudi arabia show in 2019 that would be "equivalent or better than wrestlemania" and the main event was undertaker vs goldberg

the tnt title isn't a secondary title, it's also a main event title

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:thejoke:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Lmao holy poo poo he actually did go there to make amends with HHH.

Look, they may have fired him on his wedding day, sued him, almost killed him through negligence, but at least they didn't say anything he didn't like in a promo with him in the last 12 months

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sba posted:

look in my eyes
what do you see
a lengthy heartfelt apology

Okay a ton of these strain to fit the song but this is atrocious

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shine posted:

The champ is here:

jesus christ

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why does everyone think Brock is getting this belt? Brock is going over Cody at Backlash before Cody beats The Miz for the TNT title

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I find him ending up on the same place he was in AEW after getting clowned by the two part time guys of funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure the bringing people back into the office thing is to get them to quit so they have less firing to do, right?

Definitely, with the added bonus of those who stay being the absolute most loyal idiots for you to cull in the layoffs