Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chinook posted:

If people start throwing chickens at Cody fairly regularly… truly how could he ever be taken seriously?

"What does everybody want?! COCK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

WrestleMania 40 is going to be in Philadelphia. That means that the Raw after needs to begin with Bruce Springsteen walking out to remind the crowd, "Well, they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

every show for the foreseeable future should start with a 15 minute speech with hhh thanking the fans and saying that wwe isn't going anywhere

Even after his next heart attack, Vince just has a picture of Triple H on a monitor assure the audience via the Conan O'Brien lips gag.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

This is inspired.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

*It's late in the match and Cody Rhodes appears to be on his way to defeating Roman Reigns. As he sets up a third Cross Rhodes, time stops and a rubber chicken ominously appears before him*

Chicken: Looks like you've gotten yourself quite comfortable over here. You know what they say about good times, don't you?

Cody: Yeah... Good times never last.

Chicken: That's right. Soon your push will all be over.

Cody: I had a feeling things would catch up with me. ...Is Hunter still mad about the throne thing?

Chicken: Oh, no. This... This is much worse.

Cody: How long do I have?

Chicken: You? You don't have much time. No one does.

Cody: There's nothing I can do about it, right?

Chicken: No. By now there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Cody: Okay. No need to fight it then.

Chicken: I'm glad you understand. ...Getting buried is not as scary as it sounds.

*time resumes as Solo Sikoa hits Cody with a Samoan Spike, followed by a spear from Roman. After Cody is pinned, we see a montage of WWE talent getting released for budget cuts while "You Are The Blood" by Castanets plays*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That DICK! posted:

I think if we Meme Maniacs work together we can do a shot-for-shot remake of "Homer's Enemy" with Cody as Grimey, Roman as Homer, and the Rubber Chicken as the EVP Hero Dog

"Cody, or Stardust as he liked to be called..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

When do we get the Cody vs. Amish Roadkill feud?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Orange Carlisle posted:

the only thing worse than fantasy booking is fantasy booking by ai

Don't insult VGCW like that.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Blasmeister posted:

I saw a similar compilation. HHH and Batista also sold it well.

There's a part in the 08 Rumble where Batista's on the outside of the ring, laying there and selling the spike like he just drank something with pineapple in it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They should have Mr. Beast beat Roman

They should have Jirard The Completionist beat Roman Reigns, Gunther, Austin Theory, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and so on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They're bringing back the Wild Card rule!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Looking forward to Cody playing the Sentry in the next Avengers movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Ah, Batman then

HE GOT A BATCYCLE!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Invalid Validation posted:

Sorry Sheamus already played human rocksteady.

And now John Cena is Rocksteady.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

"Have you seen my friend Seth Rollins? Because I got that bitch a donut!"

"Why does Seth Rollins have friends and a storyline?!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'm at Smackdown tonight. Wanted to take my nephews to their first show. This is genuinely the worst experience I've had, be it WWE, AEW, or indy.. People aren't even cheering or booing, they're just... screaming. Loud, shrill, directionless screams, all at the top of their loving lungs. It's absolute madness, and not in a good or fun way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Didn't Benoit go Bonkers right after Vince exploded, derailing the whole thing?

Chris James 2 posted:

If it wasn’t the immediate next weekend, it was the one after that. It was real soon after, which is part of why a lot of people didn’t even believe it at first

The timeline went like this:

- June 11: Raw ends with Vince's limo exploding. The show is a Draft episode and involves Benoit (of SmackDown) losing to ECW Champion Bobby Lashley, which immediately leads to Benoit getting drafted to ECW. In that episode, Lashley gets drafted to Raw and has to vacate the ECW title.

- June 15: Sherri Martel dies of a drug overdose at 49.

- June 18: Raw involves Stephanie coming to the ring to do a heartfelt eulogy of her father, which is heavily booed. There is criticism for the storyline in light of Sherri's death days earlier and the whole thing just felt like it was in bad taste.

- June 19: Benoit has his last match, beating Elijah Burke in the semifinals of an ECW title tournament. Show ends with a face-to-face with CM Punk, hyping their big PPV title match.

- June 22-24: The Benoit horrors happen. He was supposed to compete at Vengeance, but they instead claim that he had a family emergency and replace him with Johnny Nitro.

- June 25: Vince announces on Raw that the Benoit family was found dead, so he canceled the storyline and sent all the fans home. Raw then becomes increasingly awkward for the next three hours.

- June 26: Vince starts ECW with an apology for the previous night.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MorningMoon posted:

I thought this was gonna ask about the world where Benoit didn't kill his family but you are asking wilder, much more interesting questions

Yeah, it's worth noting that Benoit did call to exchange his ticket for a later flight, meaning that he strongly considered straight-up going to the PPV like nothing happened.

MJeff posted:

Vince looks so annoyed to be making both of these statements but ESPECIALLY the second one.

Also I feel it's worth pointing out he doesn't actually apologize for anything in the second one, lol.

Fair enough. It was more of Vince going, "Whoopsie! Not going to do that again."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Before I clicked play, I had a moment of wondering, "Why does this footage of MJF choking CM Punk with a chain have the WWE logo on it?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CM Punk was visited by three spirits on Sunday night and they gave him a new perspective on Christmas.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao this is probably right because it totally fits HHH's passive aggressive MO.

Either that or "the big guy" he called was Kevin Nash again :v:

Ryback is The Big Guy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

*scared horse noises*

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That DICK! posted:

Look in my eyes
Pee
Peeeeeeeeeee

CM Punk doing yet another Bret Hart tribute.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Other promotions who might grow if they had access to the talent pool that WWE has done everything it can to try and hoard over the last 10-15 years or so, especially while they were the only game in town?

This is what NXT has always been, sign up anybody who’s anybody and then who really cares beyond triple H when he was booking it as his vanity indie, the whole point was denying places like ROH their biggest stars.

Yeah, it's like when Fox made that lovely Fan4stic movie and didn't really mind that it bombed. It seemed like they were even planning on doing a sequel because as long as they did that, they were keeping the property away from Disney for another bunch of years.

Not that it worked out, but that was the idea.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

The story about how he hosed with Steve Blackman and Blackman repeatedly told JBL he was going to kill him--until JBL apologized twice--is fantastic lol. As is the receipt that Stevie Richards gave JBL with a chair after JBL hosed with Blue Meanie.

Moral: JBL can't handle Steves

He's so lucky Dr. Death didn't make it into the finals.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

emjayo posted:

i liked cody when he had that wwe.com series with wade barrett and it was just funny nonsensical bits

I miss Clem Layfield.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Dolph should get fat and call himself Big Ziggy.

A hype promo of him eating the Ziggy Piggy dessert from Bill & Ted all by himself.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Brock: Look at this face, what do you see?! Look at it, Cody! What do you see? What do you see? Say it! Say it!

Cody: Uh... it's a face!

Brock: Yeah but what kind of face?

Cody: Uh, red.. sweaty... psychotic?

Brock: No, Cody! It's a neatly chiseled, well-groomed, drop dead handsome face!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

*Byron Saxton dressed as an astronaut holding a gun*

"Always has been."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I thought this week was when they do their stockholder press conference dealy (followed by the expected roster culling), but I guess WWE pulled it back to after the next PPV.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Is Jeff Jarrett aware of what they're doing to his world?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Seth realized that they were making a Captain America movie without Chris Evans and figured that somebody who had their dong out on Twitter needed to be there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's worthwhile to note that this came out on Twitter during an episode of Raw.

In addition, Rollins' profile page on WWE.com had his Twitter feed, so that also featured his dong pic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kraven, a totally well known character by more than 7 people.

Kraven was a star on Broadway, goddamn it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY

Anyway, the best MCU thing post-Endgame was Werewolf by Night.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

zetamind2000 posted:

They're not wrong, carnage was always campy

Green Jelly and red cartridges forever, man.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cultaholic just did another one of their excessively long ranking articles, but it's a fun one. Every WWE Manager Ranked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FAdwdyuBs

It goes from the Rock 'n' Wrestling stuff to the present, counting all managers, valets, and bodyguards. No animals, guys in mascot costumes, or celebrity guests. It's mainly fun for the sake of being reminded of all the really random names who came and went over the decades. Guys like the Usher, Muffy, and the Coach (not Coachman, but the guy who was just a coach).

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

I think the current lore is we're supposed to like stardust and say it was a fun character cody came up with

THE LORE OF THE STARDUST.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Digital Jedi posted:

LMAO CORBIN JUST SHOWED UP ON NXT.

he attacked the champ after his match and laid him out

He looked himself in the mirror and yelled, "GO BACK TO FCW!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SummerSlam match of the Fiend vs. Roy from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Book it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Still not as bad as when the dad from Goldbergs was recreated with CGI.