Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
As I don't bother watching it, did HHH actually engage with Roman having 2 belts at all? is he exlusive to smackdown now? is the new belt exclusive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i was there live for it, great match. soon after the speaking out stuff came out and i never went to an OTT show again

Same. Sad times. had a great five years and then it all got spoiled.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Feels like that scene is pretty much dead tbh. I've kept an eye on the cards since then but it always just looks like they're starting from scratch.

They lost momentum when everyone backed out, even the people that came back didn't have the same aura. Like, More Than Hype, 2/3 just left and they were probably the best of them. Rab left, dunno if he ever went back to it. Amy Allonsy too. I'm not sure if Scotty Davis stayed with them long term but he's another one that is tainted from #speakingout. Their current roster don't look as good and it's obvious what they lost.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
TBH at least people liked him already. going out there with no one particularly caring for you to do nothing is a death sentence.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

projecthalaxy posted:

Noted corn dogwhistle pitchwoman lacey evans

Hm

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Nick Aldis is the mayonegg of professional wrestling.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I found Glass Onion to be far worse than Knives Out, and it being a series of subtweets is accurate nowI think about it.

I saw Riddle a few times at my local indie, then when I went to one in a different country he remembered me and waved and whatnot, so I thought he was great , very pleasant (also great matches). Then speaking out happened and yeah, you realise that a 3 minute interaction is all well and good but doesn't really let you see whether someone is a creep or not. It's kind of a bummer. Stopped going to shows then. Now I just keep up with wrestling to see who is the newest creep that I liked.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I was ringside for Ilja vs. Walter vs Bad Bones at 16 Carat Gold in 2018 and it was the best thing I've ever seen live. They should just do Ilja Walter until one or both dies from internal injuries sustained in beating the poo poo out of each other.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
He's probably got enough money if he can blow it on upcoming shows.

They should stick him on the side with the hard cam and tell him to keep his loving head down.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

edogawa rando posted:

Hell of a way to find out Paul Orndorff and King Kong Bundy are dead.

I don't remember them in that match?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
It's a bit weird that someone was crying to be back in WWE and it wasn't misery.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Edit: sorry he's turned his back on brock. ah.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 14, 2024

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I really can’t stand the “famous fan” thing. It’s so annoying. Extra annoying when they post videos of themselves at a live show reacting to a thing that’s happening. Like, who could possibly give a poo poo? How wrapped up in yourself do you have to be to think anyone needs to see your facial reaction to a royal rumble entrant or something? It’s so bizarre.

I was in a lot of an indies pictures for a while, to the point where people were complaining about me being in them. But like you get tanked up and start screaming from ringside the camera will go on you. It was funny and a little embarassing, but it was nice when people went 'HEY IT'S YOU' every now and then. But like that was once a month at the indies not following a show around the place.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Beepie Found His Level

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
He slommed me ;_;

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I think those camera shots are terrific. I don't watch the show or anything, but they look impressive as hell and going from an enclosed space to the stadium looks super cool and the fans running up is amazing. I mean people can not like it but it doesn't have to be run into the ground so much as just become a standard part of their filming vocabulary. Like they do something good, I want to see more of it. They do something that sucks I want to see less of it.

If the good thing starts sucking (which I don't think this has) then do it less until I like it again. Then do something else until I get sick of that. Then wind up with many different techniques to maintain interest.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I don't really see the point of paying attention to people who not only do I fundamentally disagree with about the moral aspect of something, I also think they've got really lovely taste or if they don't, they're pretending they do. Like why not block and move on.

I got off twitter and facebook because it was a cesspit but also because the information I *was* getting was being filtered through utterly contemptible dickheads. It's like youtube where everything's a reaction video.

Tbh I just lurk on SA or my extremely curated reddit list so I can avoid the worst.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I agree! I really only come here for my wrestling talk for that reason. But sometimes Facebook decides that between videos of hydraulic presses and street food I absolutely MUST know what "David" of "The Pro Wrestling World" thinks about Tama Tonga.

I used to read Private Eye, a satirical magazine, and it had one article for 'What a call-in radio DJ says, vs what they mean' which lingers to this day.

What they say:
'That's an interesting point, Brian of Croydon'

Vs
What they mean:
'You are a dangerous lunatic, Brian of Croydon and if I ever see you within 100 feet of me I shall alert the authorities'.

Twitter got like that for me except everyone was Brian of Croydon. Facebook I never really got into the wrestling side of because like my wife was able to see that.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wwe was so bad that at the end of 2018 the mcmahons came out and apologized to the audience (and blamed it on baron corbin IIRC), and then they proceeded to book even worse shows the following year

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1074835049491554305

That was a great clip because you could clearly see they had no intention of changing anything and it was the fans who were wrong.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Alls I know is the Four Horseman kidnapped a cameraman so they could beat the poo poo out of dusty rhodes and the camerawork was shite, comparatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I can certainly see an argument that mocking something for something ludicrous even though they are abhorrent in themselves is valid. I mean, It's often done badly (Drumpf\covfefe\nappies) but it's done by literally millions of people daily.