Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
im riding falkor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your third wish. What will it be?'

'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'

'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'

'All right,' said the man, 'I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish Joe Biden were President.'

'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish, Joe.'

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Negotiating the genie down to 1 wish and then wishing for what I think Republicans would want

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

i'm demanding the genie starts means testing his wish granting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i wish there was a best selling harry potter game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wish anime was real. I wish Pokémon was real. I wish Geodude was real, and strong, and my friend.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Wish Jon Stewart would live forever and run the daily show

Wish trump was put in jail for 8 months

Wish the white fragility lady would run a seminar in my city

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to read the lathe of heaven

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

im going to read the lathe of heaven

listening to an audiobook the lathe of heaven and having her talk about the very street i was driving down was some real brain melting poo poo ill tell you that much

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wish 1: senate is back to 50-50 so kamala can cast more tiebreakers

wish 2: non partisan voter districting for those that want it (blue states only, permanently hamstringing the dems)

wish 3: we expand the court, adding two seats, and in the name of fairness appointing one ultra liberal justice (obama) and one guy from the federalist society. think of the dissents we'll get to read :allears:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
These Complainin rear end MFs From Omelas

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wishing to get spit roasted by putin and trump

wishing to get spit roasted by obungler and beto

wishing for obama to chop off my head while the entirety of the famed black hammer cult robs my bank vault and i jack off

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what was that tweet/meme/syq about doing tax rebates/incentives for books instead of having public libraries? that's my wish

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wishing for more reagan style democrats

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
don't have any wishes. america and therefore the world is already great.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

don't have any wishes. america and therefore the world is already great.

[whispering into the Philosopher Stone] keep america great

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i wish everybody in red states a very happy ecological disaster to serve them right for voting for republicans!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I wish for decorum.

I wish for the end of history to return.

I wish for America ruling the human race - forever.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
brunch with pete
brunch with chasten
brunch with RBG's trainer

I couldn't do brunch with pete and chasten together I needed all that tea spilled over my freaking face!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I lied about being a centrist to get genie perms. I'm gonna do crimes now.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

vyelkin posted:

wish for a gradual market-based solution to climate change

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Sorry guys, the parliamentarian says I'm not allowed to make a wish. Really wish I could do something, but my hands are tied.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

make 1200 dollars and 2000 dollars the same amount of money

taken literally this is beyond the power of a genie because it alters the laws of the universe

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

The Oldest Man posted:

make 1200 dollars and 2000 dollars the same amount of money

Give it a few more years and your wish will have been granted by the genie of inflation :)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Pingui posted:

Give it a few more years and your wish will have been granted by the genie of inflation :)

don't like the sound of that genie...

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I wish masks were gone from everywhere forever because Joe Biden shut down the virus and this is a huge optics problem

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Socially liberal, financially conservative. The right answer is between the two!

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
-access to social safety nets
-not in my backyard
-not for undesirables

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm going to figure out a way to create financialized derivatives of these wishes, then I never have to waste them.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Weka posted:

I'm going to figure out a way to create financialized derivatives of these wishes, then I never have to waste them.

Wait. Not until I sell an index security of the set of 3 wishes, otherwise we're not controlling risk.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
1. my command of pithy observations is sharpened, leading people to look to me first as a mediator for sensible policy and negotiations (a rising tide lifts all boats, if it aint broke..., etc)
2. i go on safari in africa where i get inspiration for a self-help[ book which in turn inspires others to tap into their best selves
3. $$$$ from the movie version of my ghost written self-help book affords me property adjacent to the obamas in marthas vinyard and we have a good natured rivalry over who throws the hottest cocktailparties, most blurbs you know the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

1. I wish the Harry Potter lady were less mean.

2. No wait I wish people were less mean to the Harry Potter lady.

3. No wait I wish I were Harry Potter.