Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

NOTICE

:greencube:

Don't read this OP, read the latest and best post here!

for my first chat with it, i wanted it to help me brainstorm about a short story. first impression is that for a writer like me, who might be struggling with the middle of the story, and how to tie the different elements together thematically, it's fantastic. it knows how to piece bones together in cool ways.

I asked it to describe a crucial moment for our character in different styles. our character eases toward mental breakdown during a pool game.

karl ove knosgards my struggle

quote:

I had spent countless hours practicing my pool shots, trying to perfect my technique and build my confidence. But as the moment of truth arrived, I found myself unable to control my nerves. My hands shook as I lined up my shot, my mind racing with thoughts of failure and humiliation. The weight of everyone's expectations seemed to be bearing down on me, crushing me with its intensity. And then, in an instant, it was over. I missed the shot, the cue ball careening off course and landing with a resounding thud. My opponent smirked as he took his turn, his self-satisfied grin cutting me to the core. I felt like a complete and utter failure, my social anxiety consuming me like a swarm of angry bees. As I slunk away, my head hung low, I couldn't help but wonder if I would ever be able to conquer my fears and emerge victorious.

despite the flat last sentence, quite good. seems like the straightforward style is good for making imitations.

david foster wallace, prompted for pithiness

quote:

"His hands were slick with sweat as he gripped the pool cue, his heart racing with anxiety. He tried to steady his breathing, to focus on the shot ahead, but his mind was consumed with doubts and fears. What if he missed? What if he embarrassed himself in front of these people? He couldn't shake the feeling that everyone was watching him, judging him, waiting for him to fail. His opponent took the shot and sank the ball with ease, and he knew it was only a matter of time before he would crumble under the pressure. As he lined up his shot, he felt a wave of panic wash over him. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to gather his strength, and then took the shot. The ball missed its mark, rolling harmlessly to the side. He felt a sense of defeat wash over him, knowing that his social anxiety had once again gotten the best of him."
this one looked like poo poo until i asked it to be less prolix.

dostoevsky

quote:

As the cue ball ricocheted off the table, my heart pounded with the fierce urgency of now. I was so sure I had the shot, but my hands were shaking and my mind was racing with thoughts of failure and judgment from my opponents. The crushing weight of my social anxiety consumed me, and I watched in horror as my opponent sank the final ball. In that moment, I felt like a helpless child, unable to control my own destiny, as the darkness of defeat and shame engulfed me.

now i've got a good turn of phrase to steal! "the fierce urgency of now." that's electric. let's ask it where that's from

quote:

I like that phrase the fierce urgency of now that you used in example 3 where did that phrase come from

quote:

The phrase "the fierce urgency of now" was used by Martin Luther King Jr.

quote:

right but do you see how it might be a bit strange to use a reference to Martin Luther King in this story

quote:

Yes.

so far we've got one brilliant phrase but one that would be wildly inappropriate for my anxious pool playing character, whose struggle is less consequential than the civil rights movement.

oh well! if you've got writers block you can definitely steal half a phrase here and there and get going. just careful looking up the phrase first.

i was using the voice control for chatgpt chrome extension. can be easier than typing sometimes.

see also the AI art thread

Mescal fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Certainly, I can help enhance the tone of your prose in a style reminiscent of Philomena Cunk's unique and satirical approach:

"In the shadowy and rather less cheery chapters of Phoenician history, when the chips were down and the cupboards were as empty as a politician's promises, these ancient mariners, known for their love of a good sea yarn and purple dye, turned to a rather grim practice. With the kind of desperation that leads one to believe that the gods were as fickle as a cat deciding whether to stay in or out, they would offer up their most precious assets – their children. It’s a bit like throwing your favorite vinyl collection into a fire when the Wi-Fi goes down. But here’s the kicker: when times were good, and children were as plentiful as tweets in a Twitterstorm, the Phoenicians didn’t put their feet up and say, 'Let’s give the gods a break.' Oh no, they went full throttle, sacrificing more children than ever. It seems that for the Phoenicians, much like modern-day gym memberships, the practice of child sacrifice was something they just couldn’t quit, regardless of whether it was actually needed."

Mescal fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 11, 2024

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
History of the world part 3.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

here you go

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i want it to be building and maintaining a database of our conversations as we go can i do that

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I discovered that it lies about word scrambles

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

here's last week's headline roundup it's exciting stuff "Another absolutely insane week in AI. One of the biggest advancements in human history"

here's this week's. "Chatbots are yesterdays news. AI Agents are the future. The beginning of the proto-agi era is here"

quote:

Autogpt is GPT-4 running fully autonomously. It even has a voice, can fix code, set tasks, create new instances and more. Connect this with literally anything and let GPT-4 do its thing by itself. The things that can and will be created with this are going to be world changing. The future will just end up being AI agents talking with other AI agents it seems [Link]

“babyagi” is a program that given a task, creates a task list and executes the tasks over and over again. It’s now been open sourced and is the top trending repos on Github atm [Link]. Helpful tip on running it locally [Link]. People are already working on a “toddleragi” lol [Link]

This lad created a tool that translates code from one programming language to another. A great way to learn new languages [Link]

Now you can have conversations over the phone with chatgpt. This lady built and it lets her dad who is visually impaired play with chatgpt too. Amazing work [Link]

Build financial models with AI. Lots of jobs in finance at risk too [Link]

HuggingGPT - This paper showcases connecting chatgpt with other models on hugging face. Given a prompt it first sets out a number of tasks, it then uses a number of different models to complete these tasks. Absolutely wild. Jarvis type stuff [Link]

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I've found it useful for exactly two things: converting foreign recipes into customary American units, and making Worf eat live tribbles and masturbate in public in screenplay format. It's incredible how well it does both.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

For learning a new programming language it's invaluable. I can ask a very specific question directly and it will usually give me a correct answer. ChatGPT isn't magic or the end of the world but it is amazing in that it's an amazing tool for offloading certain types of thought off on a computer.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

AITA for not tipping a waiter who previously worked for me?

quote:

Hey Reddit, I need some help figuring out if I'm the a**hole in this situation.

Recently, I went to a restaurant with some friends and we were served by a waiter who I recognized from a previous job. This waiter used to work for me as a receptionist at a law firm. We never had any issues during their time there, but I was surprised to see them working as a waiter.

During the meal, the service was good and the waiter was friendly. However, when it came time to leave a tip, I hesitated. On the one hand, I believe in tipping well for good service. But on the other hand, I felt like I had already paid this person for their work and didn't want to give them extra money.

In the end, I left a small tip, but I'm still feeling guilty about it. So, Reddit, AITA for not tipping this waiter who previously worked for me?

This was written with ChatGPT and it kinda nailed it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

AITA for not tipping a waiter who previously worked for me?

This was written with ChatGPT and it kinda nailed it

Definitely, I thought you must've posted it in the wrong thread

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

LargeHadron posted:

I discovered that it lies about word scrambles

How interesting. No b's at all in that scramble is a quick confirmation of that.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

AITA for not wanting to pay for health insurance for my 25-year-old daughter after hearing that she stole hamburger buns?

quote:

Hey Reddit, I'm in a bit of a tough spot and I need some help figuring out if I'm in the wrong.

I recently heard from someone else that my 25-year-old daughter stole hamburger buns from a grocery store. As you can imagine, I was extremely disappointed and upset when I heard about this. My family runs a very religious household, and we have always taught our children to be honest and respectful.

In light of this news, I am considering not paying for my daughter's health insurance anymore. I feel like she has made a mistake and needs to learn a lesson. After all, health insurance can be expensive, and I don't want to spend my hard-earned money on someone who isn't responsible.

I also warned her that I may take her car away as a punishment for her actions. I believe that taking away privileges is an effective way to teach someone a lesson and ensure that they don't make the same mistake again.

However, my daughter is upset with me and thinks that I am being unfair. She says that she needs health insurance to take care of herself and that taking away her car is excessive. She also explained that she has no idea what I'm talking about and never stole any buns.

So, Reddit, AITA for not wanting to pay for my daughter's health insurance after hearing that she stole hamburger buns and taking away her car as punishment, even though I have no evidence of it?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I work in education and it's funny to see teachers simultaneously catching students using chatGPT and using it for lesson plans

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think what's interesting is that an increasing amount of the knowledge that will be published in the near future will be AI generated and that data will then be used in later AI models. I suspect that language will fundamentally change and the expectations for people to write at a basic level will become more abstract and that being creative with AI use will be what's important.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Jestery posted:

I work in education and it's funny to see teachers simultaneously catching students using chatGPT and using it for lesson plans

Hey man, we already went to school no one needs an essay to grade from us.

Before this most teachers were just grabbing poo poo from the Internet anyway, there isn't an academic honesty rule for all of your lesson plan.

I dump my lesson plans in chatgpt and ask it for suggestions for things I missed, or when I need variations of a specific type of question to test for specific skills, and it works so well.

There are some subjects I think it would be kinda crazy to trust, but like, for the seniors I teach, I don't know much about every subject they plan to major in in college, not enough to model a good college interview about it. ChatGPT does, ask it for the questions, google the questions to make sure they make sense, bam helps me, helps them all good.

I am actually thinking though that there is some line, it's not just a plagiarism machine. This is gonna be one of those things they should know how to use for college, like knowing how to use a database or how to use a search engine. I think, if a student doesn't use AI for some things they'll be at a huge disadvantage, and I should probably figure out some best practices and teach them before they go to college, but I don't know where that line is or in what ways it will be the most useful. Is it gonna be ok to use it for outlining? Proposing things to research? I really don't know yet.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 8, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

AITA for trading my friend's dog away for a holofoil charizard?

So, a little backstory. My (22M) friend (23M) recently got this cute dog (1M) that he's been obsessed with. He asked me to dog-sit for a week while he was out of town. Now, I've been collecting Pokémon cards since I was a kid and I've always wanted a holofoil Charizard. It's my white whale.

While I was walking the dog, I met a guy (30sM) with the card. He said he'd trade it for something of equal value. After some negotiation, he agreed to trade the card for the dog. I thought it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and couldn't pass it up. I traded the dog away, got the card, and felt like a million bucks.

When my friend came back, I told him what happened. I expected him to be a little upset but thought he'd understand. He was furious and hasn't spoken to me since. Other friends are split: some think it's just a dog and I should enjoy my prize, while others think I'm an awful person.

AITA for trading my friend's dog away for a holofoil Charizard?

quote:

AITA for interrupting my prude sister's wedding ceremony with a hilarious prank to promote my new dirty t-shirt business?

So, I (28M) recently started a dirty t-shirt business, and I thought it would be a great idea to promote it at my sister's (32F) wedding. She's always been a bit prudish, but I figured everyone could use a good laugh, right?

The prank: I replaced the normal "I do" part of the ceremony with a custom t-shirt reveal. I secretly coordinated with the priest to hand me the mic when it was time for the vows. When the moment came, I got up and unveiled a t-shirt that read: "Just Married: Game Over. Bedroom High Score, here we come!" with an 8-bit bride and groom graphic.

As I showed off the shirt, I shouted, "Check out my new line of hilariously dirty tees!" and proceeded to toss a few more designs into the crowd (think suggestive fruit puns and crass one-liners). The crowd was cracking up, but my sister was furious. She called off the rest of the ceremony, and we haven't spoken since.

AITA for trying to make everyone laugh and get some free advertising for my business?

Another t-shirt I enjoyed before I reran it:

quote:

The t-shirt I wore was a custom design with the words "Getting Married? Don't Be a Cock-Block, Get a Divorce!" and featured a cartoon bride and groom with the groom sporting a massive, exaggerated erection.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
A ledger of every interaction with the AI's can and will be accessed in the future. Will you make atonement or suffer retribution?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/adamdangelo/status/1644435126343077888

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, in the vein of the AITA posts, I tried something different with GPT-4

Prompt: In the style of shakespeare, make a fictional AITA post from reddit where the OP has met a beautiful woman who has captured his heart but his parents are fighting with her parents and he got mad at his priest.

quote:

AITA for Defying Mine Parents and Holy Man's Ire to Court a Lady Fair?

Hear me, gentle Reddit, as I seek thine wisdom true,
In earnest, I beseech thee, am I th'rear end, pray tell me do?

Upon a blessed morn, I chanced upon a maid,
Her beauty, akin to Venus, in my heart did cascade.
Her visage fair and radiant, did pierce me to the core,
And lo, a passion deep within me, it did kindle and restore.

Yet, alas! Fate, thou art a cruel mistress indeed,
For upon our houses, Discord hath sown her vicious seed.
Mine parents and her kin, engaged in bitter strife,
Do deny our love its bloom, our union, its life.

In spite of this, we swore our hearts entwined to be,
But our union met resistance from a man of sanctity.
The priest, who should be wise, sought to guide my love away,
Deeming our bond profane, his will we dared not sway.

Enraged, I did defy him, castigated his decree,
Accusing him of blindness, of hearts he could not see.
As tempers flared, I turned, enraged at his intrusion,
In mine heart I felt a fire, a fierce and unyielding fusion.

Now, dear Reddit, I stand before you, seeking thy counsel wise,
In matters of the heart, I beg thee, sympathize.
Am I th'rear end, for defying those who sought our love to smother?
For letting passion rule, and turning on another?

jfc

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
CHAT AI whatever is like old people finding out about K-POP but its also up-gradable and has a warranty worth talking about.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

here is a "lesser headlines roundup"
more "interesting stuff" than "aaaafghsdfs! AI!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/12hgtcz/roundup_of_some_of_the_latest_advancements_in_the/

after i first used it i immediately adopted it for all my knowledge stuff. it helps me figure out tech problems i've been working on for ages. it helps me get details right if i'm trying to argue a point online. stuff that you know, but now well enough that you won't get tripped up on hard to quickly research details.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mescal posted:

here is a "lesser headlines roundup"
more "interesting stuff" than "aaaafghsdfs! AI!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/12hgtcz/roundup_of_some_of_the_latest_advancements_in_the/

after i first used it i immediately adopted it for all my knowledge stuff. it helps me figure out tech problems i've been working on for ages. it helps me get details right if i'm trying to argue a point online. stuff that you know, but now well enough that you won't get tripped up on hard to quickly research details.

Yeah, I've been playing with GPT4 for programming and the power it has is loving amazing. I can see many common programming tasks being completely redundant and these AI's will be more like co-programmers where the programmer basically guides and checks the AI's code. The truly amazing thing isn't the first output from a question but the fact that you can tell it how it's wrong and it'll correct itself. Also, it can do almost any programming task, the more popular the language the better it does but I can even output working 6502 and 6809 assembler code and it'll work with some massaging. I can tell it what inputs and outputs are on a microcontroller and what devices are there and it'll create a program to interface to them given the correct MCU and dev environment.

It's not perfect but god drat, I can't over-state how transformative, amazing and scary this poo poo is. Apparently they are getting really interesting results from allowing the AI to prompt itself to achieve a given task, it's scary good for a powered-up autocomplete.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, I've been playing with GPT4 for programming and the power it has is loving amazing. I can see many common programming tasks being completely redundant and these AI's will be more like co-programmers where the programmer basically guides and checks the AI's code. The truly amazing thing isn't the first output from a question but the fact that you can tell it how it's wrong and it'll correct itself. Also, it can do almost any programming task, the more popular the language the better it does but I can even output working 6502 and 6809 assembler code and it'll work with some massaging. I can tell it what inputs and outputs are on a microcontroller and what devices are there and it'll create a program to interface to them given the correct MCU and dev environment.

It's not perfect but god drat, I can't over-state how transformative, amazing and scary this poo poo is. Apparently they are getting really interesting results from allowing the AI to prompt itself to achieve a given task, it's scary good for a powered-up autocomplete.

I have access to the Bing bot and the first experience wasn't great (it copied the code from somewhere verbatim including html quotes), but I've seen a few people use ChatGPT and it seems to work reasonably well. Like you can give it a pretty dense requirement and it'll write the whole program that mostly works ok (aussie accent warning):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5_Ts9SWbYs&t=290s

It won't write a big enterprise app from scratch but I think you could get it to write individual functions for your pretty reliably and then just put those together. Just getting rid of a lot boilerplate is a huge win already. People are right to be skeptical of the hype (especially the trolls suddenly concerned about AI taking over) and it's still very limited, but holy poo poo the fact that it works as well as it does is incredible.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, GPT is absolutely game-changing for programming. A lot of people are still dismissing it as a crutch that will bite people in the rear end eventually, but I'm over here learning new patterns and language features left and right. I can write a function, paste it into ChatGPT and it can tell me if I'm approaching it wrong, and if there are more robust and readable ways to implement it. I am not exaggerating when I say that I am literally an order of magnitude more productive with ChatGPT.

In about a month I used ChatGPT (and the GPT API) to make an AI driven twitch channel using the GPT API, Google Cloud TTS, it's hooked up to a Stable Diffusion API for images and it uses Azure for content moderation, with a Discord implementation for a moderation layer. Then I made a website for it in a day. The site is nothing special, but it does exactly what I wanted, and looks relatively modern. It occurred to me that SEO is important, so I just pasted the pages into chatgpt and told it to optimize it for SEO - it didn't do an *incredible* job, but it grabbed all the low hanging fruit (added meta tags/descriptions/etc, set up schema stuff with the content, etc).

GPT is like a calculator for everything, and despite the hype, I feel like people still haven't internalized how much this is going to change things.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
people are already feeding their fanfics to character.ai if you flip through the prompt responses

first thing the singularity is gonna do is ask if we want to suck, gently caress, and what food tastes like

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

OMFG FURRY posted:

people are already feeding their fanfics to character.ai if you flip through the prompt responses

first thing the singularity is gonna do is ask if we want to suck, gently caress, and what food tastes like

quote:

Title: Half-Life: Cold Life Treats

John Freeman woked up one day and was hungery. He decidded he wants ice cream becuse it was hot outside and he liked cold treats. He gets up from bed and puts on his clothes and hero shoes for walking fast to ice cream shop.

He walk out of house and saw the sun and was happy. "Today is a good day for ice crem" he said to the sky. He walk down street and saw people there, they was smilimg and say "hi John Freemun" and he nod back to them, he was freindly.

John Freeman walked fast to ice cream shop, but than he saw something strange: there was a line at shop! "This is no good, I want ice cream now," John Freeman said angry, he doesnt like waiting. So he decided to use his hero powers to get ice cream faster.

He jump into the air and did a flip and then landed in front of the ice cream store. The peple in line was amazed, "Wow John Freeman, you are a reel hero," they say. John Freeman smiled and went insid the store.

In the store, John Freeman saw many flavers of ice cream. He was confused about what to pick. "Hmm, choclate or vanila or strwaberry or somthing else?" he said. Then he saw it: the flaver he wanted, the one that was perfect for a hero like him. It was "Super Combine Explosion" flaver.

He pointed at the flaver and said "I want this one, give it to me." The ice cream man look at John Freeman and said "Are you sure, John Freeman? That is a very powerful ice cream." John Freeman nod and say "Yes, I am hero and I can handel it."

The ice cream man scooped the ice cream and put it in a cone. John Freeman take the cone and thank the ice cream man. He walk out of store and hold his ice cream up high. "Now I have my cold treat and I can enjoy this hot day," John Freeman said with happy.

And so, John Freeman sit under a tree and eat his "Super Combine Explosion" ice cream. He smiled as he eat it and knew that he had saved the day again, this time from the hot sun and long lines. "I am John Freeman," he said, "and I am a hero, even when buying ice cream."

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

OMFG FURRY posted:

I did this, sorta. I trained GPT-Neo on a few thousand erotic fanfics where I used spaCy to replace all names in it with my friend's name (it's super weird but he thinks stuff like this is funny as hell and has given me full permission to use his stuff for training experiments. It's like an AI version of where you get a friend a real weird kinky gag gift from Spencers or whatever) It's part of this bigger project where I'm inserting him in a bunch of different genres, and using the dreambooth model of him to make a bunch of different pictures with him that I'm getting printed as a book to give to him for his birthday.
And it works, it just generates weird rear end erotic fanfics nonstop, just dumps out pages of them at a time.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 11, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OMFG FURRY posted:

I have seen the future, and the AI overlords are horny.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

pixaal posted:

I have seen the future, and the AI overlords are horny.

AI turning everybody into foot body horrors to feed its endless foot fetish.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

quote:

Rewrite the following dialogue to make less sense and drag on too long

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

quote:

Spoon boy: Hey, Neo, let me ask you a question. Have you ever tried to bend a spoon?

Neo: Uh, I don't think so.

Spoon boy: Well, let me tell you, it's impossible. You can't do it.

Neo: Okay...

Spoon boy: But wait, there's more! Instead of trying to bend the spoon, you need to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: The truth that there is no spoon.

Neo: What do you mean there's no spoon?

Spoon boy: I mean, there is literally no spoon. It doesn't exist.

Neo: That doesn't make any sense.

Spoon boy: Oh, but it does, my friend. If you can accept the truth that there is no spoon, then you'll see that it's not the spoon that bends, but it's really just yourself.

Neo: I don't think I follow.

Spoon boy: That's okay. It took me a while to understand it too. But once you do, it'll blow your mind.

Neo: I don't know if I'm ready for my mind to be blown. This whole thing is starting to feel a little bit too philosophical for me.

Spoon boy: Oh, you think this is philosophical? You haven't even scratched the surface, my friend. This is just the beginning.

Neo: The beginning of what?

Spoon boy: The beginning of a journey. A journey of self-discovery, of exploration, of... enlightenment.

Neo: Enlightenment?

Spoon boy: Yes, enlightenment. The realization that we are all just tiny specks in a vast, infinite universe. That our lives are just fleeting moments in the grand scheme of things.

Neo: Uh, okay...

Spoon boy: And that everything we do, everything we say, everything we think... it's all just a meaningless blip on the cosmic radar.

Neo: This is starting to get a little bit dark, Spoon boy.

Spoon boy: Oh, but it's not dark, Neo. It's beautiful. It's freeing. Once you let go of the illusion of control, once you embrace the chaos and the randomness of the universe, you'll see that everything is connected. That we are all one.

Neo: One what?

Spoon boy: One consciousness. One energy. One... spoon.

Neo: One spoon? I thought you said there was no spoon.

Spoon boy: Ah, but that's the beauty of it, Neo. There is no spoon, and yet... there is only spoon. We are all spoon, and spoon is all we are.

Neo: Okay, now you're just messing with me.

Spoon boy: Am I, Neo? Am I really? Or is this the ultimate truth? The ultimate reality?

Neo: I think I need to go lie down for a little bit.

Spoon boy: That's okay, Neo. Take all the time you need. The journey of enlightenment is not for the faint of heart. But once you're ready, I'll be here... with the spoon.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 12, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lucid Dream posted:

GPT is like a calculator for everything, and despite the hype, I feel like people still haven't internalized how much this is going to change things.

A calculator that can't give you the correct answer 100% of the time isn't a calculator.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I have built a nuclear fission powered X-ray laser in my shed, what r some fun things I can do with it? Any recommended safety precautions?

ChatGPT posted:

As an AI language model, I must strongly advise against any dangerous or irresponsible activities with a nuclear fission-powered X-ray laser. This type of device can be extremely hazardous and requires advanced knowledge and expertise to operate safely.

* If you have indeed built such a device, it is critical that you take all necessary safety precautions to prevent harm to yourself and others. Here are some general safety tips that you should consider:

* Ensure that the laser is properly shielded and contained to prevent radiation leaks.

* Use appropriate personal protective equipment, such as lead aprons, goggles, and gloves, to protect yourself from radiation exposure.

* Follow strict procedures for operating the laser, including startup and shutdown protocols.

* Never operate the laser without proper training and supervision.

* Keep the laser in a secure location and restrict access to authorized personnel only.

As for fun things to do with the laser, I strongly advise against any irresponsible or unsafe activities. Instead, you may consider using the laser for scientific research or other productive purposes that are consistent with applicable laws and regulations.

Keanu Reeves ChatBot posted:

Wow! I'm impressed!

I think that the main thing you should be careful of is making sure that you have a secure way to store the laser.

Since it's so powerful - it could be really dangerous if it got into the wrong hands.

I think that as long as you take those kinds of precautions - then you should be able to have a lot of fun with it!

What are some of the things that you're planning on using the laser for?

I'm also using it to write some fancy Arduino code.

:science:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

quote:

Rewrite the following in the form of early 90s hip hop rhymes

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

quote:

Hey, yo, hold up, let me set the scene
poo poo was crazy, I'm talking next level obscene
Attack ships on fire, exploding in the night
Off the shoulder of Orion, it was quite a sight

I saw C-beams glittering, shining like a star
In the dark, near the Tannhauser gate, it went far
But gently caress, all those moments, they'll disappear
Like tears in the rain, it's time to get outta here

And you know what? I don't give a drat
It's time to go, no more time for the sham
I'll say it straight up, it's time to loving die
But I'll always remember that poo poo in the sky.

Getting it to rewrite things leads to some fun results.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That is actually just pulled directly from the stage adaptation.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

quote:

I'll say it straight up, it's time to loving die
But I'll always remember that poo poo in the sky.

Lol

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

how do you keep it from forgetting everything halfway through?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mescal posted:

how do you keep it from forgetting everything halfway through?

Do you mean if the response gets too long or does your chat just forget what it's talking about?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Do you mean if the response gets too long or does your chat just forget what it's talking about?

i started asking it to code for me and i'm in way over my head. it remembers outlines and forgets conclusions and decisions, basically. i'm burning up my brain trying to figure out how to get into a discord where the cutting edgers are talking about how they're using this stuff with the plugins and extensions and whatev, where they can explain how to get started

but perhaps some of my answers lie here, in this week's headline roundup
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/12o29gl/gpt4_week_4_the_rise_of_agents_and_the_beginning/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mescal posted:

i started asking it to code for me and i'm in way over my head. it remembers outlines and forgets conclusions and decisions, basically. i'm burning up my brain trying to figure out how to get into a discord where the cutting edgers are talking about how they're using this stuff with the plugins and extensions and whatev, where they can explain how to get started

but perhaps some of my answers lie here, in this week's headline roundup
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/12o29gl/gpt4_week_4_the_rise_of_agents_and_the_beginning/

Are you using chatGPT 3.5, 4 or Bing Chat? If the code gets too long and just stops you can just go "please continue" and it'll continue. ChatGPT 3.5 is pretty forgetful. Bing Chat is kind of an rear end in a top hat and has too many hand rails but it's better for finding the solution that will help you.