Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

imp zone is great, everybody is doing a great job. but, there are too many sticky threads. I can see why each of them is stuck, but I also don't think any of the threads currently stuck actually need it. they either get enough traffic to stay near the top on their own or people can find and bump them as needed. I personally would rather not have more than like, 2 stuck at any given time. this is obviously not the end of the world but I would like it. thank you for your time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i agree there's too many but i' not sure what i'd cut

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

imp zone is great, everybody is doing a great job. but, there are too many sticky threads. I can see why each of them is stuck, but I also don't think any of the threads currently stuck actually need it. they either get enough traffic to stay near the top on their own or people can find and bump them as needed. I personally would rather not have more than like, 2 stuck at any given time. this is obviously not the end of the world but I would like it. thank you for your time

I've been thinking about it for a while. I'd like to keep the IZWF thread at the top since it's gathering a lot of forums wide attention, the Goldmine thread at the top for archival purposes, and the Pet thread at the top just to encourage lurkers to post something cute and benign. The IZGC is fast enough to not warrant being stickied and the Tag Zone seems kinda outdated and unused so it might just need to drop off.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sticky more of them.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Sticky more of them.

we tried that already, remember?

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while. I'd like to keep the IZWF thread at the top since it's gathering a lot of forums wide attention, the Goldmine thread at the top for archival purposes, and the Pet thread at the top just to encourage lurkers to post something cute and benign. The IZGC is fast enough to not warrant being stickied and the Tag Zone seems kinda outdated and unused so it might just need to drop off.

I don't like the pet thread that much, but whatever. Also we have an imp zone goldmine where we can see the threads. That thread is funny and useful but it doesn't need to be stuck for us to find goldmined threads

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

I don't like the pet thread that much, but whatever. Also we have an imp zone goldmine where we can see the threads. That thread is funny and useful but it doesn't need to be stuck for us to find goldmined threads

That's a good point about the goldmine thread but some imps do use it to link to individual good posts in still running or otherwise mediocre threads

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the pet thread will stay as long as i am IK

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Let’s sticky this thread

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

unstick the wrestling thread so the noobs have to see that other threads exist when they go looking for it and make more hosed up cringe posts

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Sticky more of them.

That Little Demon posted:

Let’s sticky this thread

Trolls can gently caress 👏 OFF 👏

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

unstick the wrestling thread so the noobs have to see that other threads exist when they go looking for it and make more hosed up cringe posts

this is a pretty good point

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

tbh ever since tld got made thread IK i've left all management of the hosed up noob horde to him

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

tbh ever since tld got made thread IK i've left all management of the hosed up noob horde to him

Thank you, let a noob thrive with content, for they are tomorrows Isoors

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think stickies should be like, if you wnna understand a forum's culture go here. i think game club and the goldmine thread are that to a T and they should stay up. izwf is so fuckin big it'll never leave the front page and i like the pet thread but i dont think it needs a sticky. i do think tag thread should stay up there but yeah lol no ones posted in it in like two years so i get unsticking it, especially since kaz is fuckin dead

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Thats crazy, a chlorine gas leak in the imp zone pets megathread? Wow. Just horrible. To lose all those posts...

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Thats crazy, a chlorine gas leak in the imp zone pets megathread? Wow. Just horrible. To lose all those posts...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

THIS.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
if i cant boop the snoots of random ppls pets i will kill myself

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

HolePisser1982 posted:

Funny you should mention that since [REDACTED] had to leave the country for two years after Midwest Fur Fest due to similar reasons

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

thank you

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

I kinda see the stickied threads as a prestige thing like "these are our current most beloved threads" but if any of them were unstickied it wouldn't change my forum experience at all?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

especially since kaz is fuckin dead

do you mean that figuratively becuz he posted like a couple days ago

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

do you mean that figuratively becuz he posted like a couple days ago

yeah he just doesnt post in imp zone anymore

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Sticky more of them.

this, but bearing in mind its important to unstick any threads that are about videogames and currently stuck (if any).

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Digital images of domesticated animals appear to make people pliable and calm? Personally I don't understand it.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Digital images of domesticated animals appear to make people pliable and calm? Personally I don't understand it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao jesus

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stick the Map Gaming Thread again

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I get being annoyed about stickies but IZ more or less only has a page worth of active threads at any given time anyway. Resticky battle frontier

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 5, 2023

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Plutonis posted:

This. Also add 34 more moderators to this forums.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
absolutely not, op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This. Also add 34 more moderators to this forums.

Please god this.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I get being annoyed about stickies but IZ more or less only has a page worth of active threads at any given time anyway. Resticky battle frontier

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Unstick deez nuts