Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

cruft posted:

If sixer pulls through I am going to need a sixer comedy sixxer.

Me too.

Edit: Well, poo poo. That's an awful snipe. Have a photo of the baby cardinals that nested on my porch last year?

GoingPostal fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

How long do stragglers have before the potential hatch is over? They all came early this year!

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

At this point I believe the hatch is totally over, since it's been multiple days after the planned hatch date without new pips.

Indecisive Squirrel
Apr 28, 2009
#6 is very talkative this morning! Hope that’s a good indication they’re doing better. Hang in there little one!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I made this for my girlfriend because she's having a bad day and has a particular favorite this year, please enjoy

(in case it isn't clear, chickam helps immensely :) )

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHICKAM SPREE

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

CJacobs posted:

I made this for my girlfriend because she's having a bad day and has a particular favorite this year, please enjoy

(in case it isn't clear, chickam helps immensely :) )

You are an excellent partner. :v:

No new pips, the hatch is over and I'vd pulled the remaining eggs from the ReptiPro. Now comes my least favorite part--the eggtopsy to see if I can find out why the unhatched eggs failed.

Six isn't eating or drinking on her own, and she's outside the three day grace period where the chick lives off the yolk it absorbs just before hatch. So until she starts to eat and drink, every 30 minutes I'm feeding her a slurry of vitamin water, baby bird food, hard-boiled egg yolk, mashed corn and mashed mealworms. It should be enough to keep her going...if she's going to make it.

The next hurdle for her will be to see if her internal organs are functioning, she needs to be able to process food and poop.

This is the hard part, think good thought for her please, everyone!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I wonder if you could put the link to your Youtube channel in the OP so that other dummies like me don't miss that the linked video is not actually the live stream. (I did figure it out the second time I clicked on it though...).

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Sirotan posted:

I wonder if you could put the link to your Youtube channel in the OP so that other dummies like me don't miss that the linked video is not actually the live stream. (I did figure it out the second time I clicked on it though...).

Y'know...every time either the laptop reboots, YouTube on my computer gacks, or our Internet goes down, it's a new link.
Best to just go here: https://www.youtube.com/@jackshenhouse
And click on 'Live Stream'

VVVGreat, thanks!

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 10, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is a direct link that always works at https://www.youtube.com/@jackshenhouse/live if you'd like to bookmark it haha

edit: for browsers of course, chickam on the go's got its own solutions!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Chickam chick pictures posted here!:
https://jackshenhouse.blogspot.com/2023/04/chickam-chicks-2023.html

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I haven't seen Hubris this interested in my screen since she was a kitten.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Still hoping that Six is doing well, getting stronger.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This really kicks off at 3:35:00

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Stupid stream keeps going down. Back again now.

All the chicks are doing great, very active and plyful today, running, jumping, flapping. Little dweebs. :v:

Six is doing fine, I'm feeding her every 40 minutes. She's producing normal poops, which is a GREAT thing. While she isn't making progress by leaps and bounds, neither is she losing ground, so...?
Just gonna keep up with the supportive care and hope she starts eating and drinking on her own soon.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Felt obliged.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

i love these babies very much

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

All the babies have now been inoculated for Marek's Disease--a subcutaneous injection to the back of the neck. We also applied fresh color spots to Garibaldi (blue), Bort (green) and Brian (muddy purple--it didn't mix well!).

The chicks will ikely be low-energy the rest of the day, but they got mealworms, corn and hard-boiled egg as an apology.

Six is doing okay, her navel looks good and she's fluffed out a little more. I'm hand-feeding her every 40 minutes and she eats pretty well--at feeding time she's alert and active. She still keeps her eyes closed most of the time. We'll just keep doing what we're doing...and time will tell.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Go go lil six!

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
They can eat boiled eggs without acquiring the Kin Eater taboo?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Chickens eating boiled eggs is scrub tier pseudo cannibalism, they'll go ape for a chance to eat meat, up to and including chicken.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I can’t decide if it’s weird that chickens will eat chicken. Is it weird? Plenty of wild birds eat other birds, or scavenge eggs…

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Chickens are simply aware they are delicious and want in on that.

Fingers crossed for little Six! Worst case, you gave her the best chance at life she could have had.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Well, I'm sorry guys but Six passed away in her sleep. She gave it her best shot, poor baby, and doesn't seem to have suffered.
Sometimes all you can do for them is to keep them warm, safe and comfortable. :smith:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Roost in Peace little one. You did your best. :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well, I'm sorry guys but Six passed away in her sleep. She gave it her best shot, poor baby, and doesn't seem to have suffered.
Sometimes all you can do for them is to keep them warm, safe and comfortable. :smith:

Poor thing, she had the best life she could've given the circumstances. :unsmith:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Rest in peace, Six. I'm glad she didn't suffer.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Although short, her life was much more comfortable and full of love than many others. Thank you for doing your best.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Chaosfeather posted:

Although short, her life was much more comfortable and full of love than many others. Thank you for doing your best.

:emptyquote:

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Chaosfeather posted:

This.

Thank you for trying. I'm glad she got to spend time with her siblings and stomp on mealworms and have cozy little naps while spread out on a lens-cleaning cloth like a picnic blanket. I'm glad you gave her a chance.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Sad #6 didn’t pull through but I’m glad they got such a good shot at it.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Dubious Intent was very keen to taste flesh by grabbing Scraunch's leg.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Living up to their name.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Doobs didn't really do that! Right? :gonk:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
The leg grabbing? Yes.

To her dismay, though, the leg stayed stubbornly attached to Scraunch so I had to use some artistic license to fully realize her dream.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sorry to hear about #6, at least she had the best shot possible :smith:

On a happier note though,

Sharpest Crayon posted:

This is :kiss:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That's wonderful. The expression on Scraunch's face is what really makes it.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

Sharpest Crayon posted:

amazing lmao

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Sharpest Crayon posted:

OMG this is gorgeous and perfect and EXACTLY what I needed after a really lovely day today, thank you! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
The colour spots on the back of the head reminded me of little punk mullet hairdo's

Anyway Bort is definitely hardcore.