Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Always so happy when chickam season rolls back around. Thanks for doing this again, Velvet Sparrow!

If names are still being thrown in the hat, I'd like to suggest Katsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Rest in peace, Six. I'm glad she didn't suffer.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Sorry I couldn't be up to date for a while, what's the situation, how are the chicks, who did we lose if anyone and how baby are the chickams still??? Last time I could check we still had two struggling to leave the egg house

edit oh my god they look like they're in full let's annoy everyone puberty already, magical chicks they grow up so fast

We lost Chick 6 who didn't fully absorb the yolk of her egg. She held out for a few days with much love and care from VS and family, and passed peacefully in her sleep. :gbsmith:

The rest of the chicks seem to be in excellent health. Very energetic, already got some of their big chicken feathers!

Also I am shook that VS didn't adopt any feed store chicks yet.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

A CRAB IRL posted:

MORE CHICKS

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I love them all so much and am very excited to catch hatch part 2, since I missed hatch part 1 :toot:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Velvet Sparrow posted:

The same poultry swap where we got the hatching eggs, but a different seller. A man selling bantam Cochins at $20 a pop, some lady got there first and bought 5 birds from him, Swiffer and two roos were left. The guy took her out of the cage he'd brought her in and let me hold her and inspect her (that's what you do when buying, checking overall health).
She was in such poor condition there was no way I was gonna let her go back home with him. :smith:

Thank you for rescuing her :unsmith:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Glad Scraunch and Bobbie are on the mend! Hopefully they're both fully recovered soon.

Can chickens end up in bonded pairs/sets? If they do, would you try to keep them together either in your flock or in whatever home they go to?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Tiny Myers posted:

Do you have any pics you'd like to share of your grown-up chickens? :kimchi: I'd love to see the infamous Bobbie. It's okay if they're not fancy and posed for the camera, I'm just fascinated by Chicken Life.

:yeah:

My husband and I really want to see the rest of the flock! I think I remember seeing a few streams of them around Halloween or so, but I always miss it live.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Thank you for working so hard to help her recover. I'm so sorry for your loss. At least it sounds like she got to go somewhat peacefully, outside in the fresh air with her sisters :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Thank you so much for sharing that here. Donated some money and shared the link with some friends who've also come to love Chickam offsite. I really hope everything works out. :glomp: