Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Caesar Saladin posted:

weed isn't addictive, i just need it to eat and sleep and smoke immediately when I wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
weed snyp'd

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I want to drink until I can’t feel feelings anymore

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

teemolover42069 posted:

i just wanna score some adderall so i can stay hella juiced up at my mundane wfh job

Same but for when diablo 4 comes out

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

addicted to empty quoting and I can quit any time I want, mom.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I did a lot of hallucinogens, mild stimulants, and weed to feel feelings and now I progressively lose a bit of my hearing if I use any of those now and I'm stuck with alcohol. Whoops lol.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Not to argue about concerns regarding legalized weed, but having dispensaries list the relative strengths has let me focus on high CBD, low THC strains, and use it in a more medicinal fashion. I was a massive stoner when I was in my teens and 20s, and growing up in Oregon meant I was a terrible weed snob and generally had way more powerful pot than most parts of the country. Also, in the summertime we'd get hash oil, which was particularly potent. I built a tolerance that to a large extent is still there, even if I don't smoke for years at a time.

At this point I'm not interested in getting hellbaked, and feel no urge to experiment with the 1000% THC reductions of various kinds. The high CBD strains accomplish exactly what I'm looking for and don't make me nonfunctional, and I don't smoke more than a couple times a week, usually. I have to be careful, especially during the week, because pot will keep me awake. It's some kind of paradoxical reaction, but if I smoke weed it makes me less likely to fall asleep, which is already a problem for me. If I smoked more often I'd be at serious risk of loving up my sleep even worse than it already is.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just having some breakfast weed to build up some energy to go pick up my weed order.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I quit smoking weed after smoking/eating hella weed every day for 3 years cold turkey in February and I had no withdrawal symptoms or side effects of any kind outside, "hey yeah having Ehlers-Danlos still feels like poo poo!"

I smoked a couple bowls the other night, though, it was a good time.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what kind of hallucinogens are you doing that make you go DEAF?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I compare THC addiction to caffeine addiction.

Yes, it can happen. Yes, if you rip your vape pen or do dabs nonstop, you can end up with serious issues including cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (my dad is a GI doctor and I actually told him about chs like a decade+ ago which led to him diagnosing a ton of dipshit boomers with it, they smoke so much loving wax and poo poo it's crazy).

No, it's not a serious addiction and personally a moderate use has only ever made my health better. Like caffeine, everything can be bad in excess, so use moderation.

I have done everything under the sun except crack and meth and needles, but the only thing I truly stay away from is alcohol. poo poo sucks.

Oh and I'm in the process of divorcing my wife because even though I love her she won't stop stealing my loving Adderall and I've rescued her from a few opioid overdoses where if I hadn't happened to find her on the ground not breathing she would have definitely stayed dead. Don't do loving opioids guys, no matter how good they feel (and they can feel drat good).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Yes, it can happen.

That's a good comparison. Plus, consuming a shitload of weed is glamorized in a similar way to how consuming massive amounts of coffee is.

I like the taste of coffee enough that I tried decaf just so I could see what it was like to drink it more than once in a day, but decaf tasted weird & gross so I just accepted that it would have to remain a morning-only ritual forever. :smith:

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about everything else that's going on in your life. That sounds pretty heinous.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard posted:

Just having some breakfast weed to build up some energy to go pick up my weed order.

UPDATE

Had a bit too much breakfast weed and got lost in my own head while doing DIY (building a cool new dining room table). Almost forgort to buy more weed lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There's a whole other thread to shitpost about how awesome weed is, you know

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about everything else that's going on in your life. That sounds pretty heinous.

Thanks. Yeah, it really sucks and 'break up with someone you love dearly because they won't stop self destructing and undermining your own mental health" was not on my grown-up life bingo card but hey life is messy. I'll do my best to support her sobriety as a friend but I'm done letting her bad decisions ruin my life. We may get back together in the distant future once she's learned how to love herself.

In the meantime I'll continue to blaze, take my Adderall as prescribed, and occasionally chow down on some ergot-based goodness (or shrooms).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Not to mention, I got more addictions
Xanax, percocets, oxycontin, wet-wet swimmin'

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's a whole other thread to shitpost about how awesome weed is, you know

Duh. It's a cautionary tale.

I picked up too late and they subbed my Birthday Cake for Skywalker Kush.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

That's a good comparison. Plus, consuming a shitload of weed is glamorized in a similar way to how consuming massive amounts of coffee is.

I like the taste of coffee enough that I tried decaf just so I could see what it was like to drink it more than once in a day, but decaf tasted weird & gross so I just accepted that it would have to remain a morning-only ritual forever. :smith:

decaf coffee is a lot like non-alcoholic 0% beer in that you can absolutely take the time to make it taste good, but most of the time the producer does not.

although one of the weirdest christmases i ever had was when my mom switched all the coffee in the house to decaf and didn't tell us until like 3 days into the entire family going into caffeine withdrawal.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

:haibrower:

Very astute. I've been :okpos: off weed a few times, but rarely. Most of the time being high isn't much more than drinking a big cup of coffee. I used to balance mornings out evenly - decent cup of coffee, two bowls, a cigarette. I switched from cigs to vape, than from bowls to vape, and then I quit vaping nicotine and going full-time on vape pens sorta hosed it up for me. Its just too easy to be sorta-high all the time with a vape pen.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Plus, consuming a shitload of weed is glamorized in a similar way to how consuming massive amounts of coffee is.

:hmmyes: its weird, there's this outlaw persona about people who smoke shitloads and shitloads of weed. See - snoop dogg, willie nelson, seth rogan. All sorta idealized by people who dont seem to smoke every day. Sorta like how people felt about alcoholics in the 70s IMO. As DDPM and others have posted, society is starting to wake up to how loving strong weed is these days & the problems its causing

YeahTubaMike posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NoiseAnnoys posted:

addicted to empty quoting and I can quit any time I want, mom.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's because if you are high all day every day, you actually aren't really ever high

It's a cucumber

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: its weird, there's this outlaw persona about people who smoke shitloads and shitloads of weed. See - snoop dogg, willie nelson, seth rogan. All sorta idealized by people who dont seem to smoke every day.

Didn't Snoop say that he smoked 80 blunts a day or some crazy poo poo? :gonk: My lungs/throat/wallet hurt just thinking about it.

precision posted:

It's because if you are high all day every day, you actually aren't really ever high

It's a cucumber

Plus, building up a tolerance sounds expensive. I run through two quarters (I think? they cost $100 total, edit: and it's two little palm-sized packets, if that helps) just about every three months, and maybe I'm a cheapskate but I can't imagine having to spend that kind of money every month or, god forbid, more frequently than that.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 11, 2023

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Just out of curiosity, is there anything that has a similar effect to Fluoxetine but without the crippling side effects?

Asking for a friend.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I'm horrifically addicted to caffeine if that counts.

I enjoyed the ol' devil's lettuce but my state made me choose: guns or ganja

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

A Terrible Person posted:

Just out of curiosity, is there anything that has a similar effect to Fluoxetine but without the crippling side effects?

Asking for a friend.

Like, the antidepressant? If it’s that, they shouldn’t be taking SSRIs, they’re all fairly similar. I’m on Wellbutrin now and it rules

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Did you know that if a dude smokes enough weed science suggests you could possibly get a nice buzz going if he was a big cummer and you had the skills to suck him off dozens of times in a row?

It’s an untested hypothesis but the evidence is there to suggest that you might discover great things for humanity if you really went for it and took good notes. :science::gizz:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So that's why all my girlfriends love to give head

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ReelBigLizard posted:

UPDATE

Had a bit too much breakfast weed and got lost in my own head while doing DIY (building a cool new dining room table). Almost forgort to buy more weed lol

You just reminded me that I'm supposed to start refinishing the coffee table, but I got hungry, then distracted with videos.

Day weed isn't a great thing and should probably be avoided if you have things to do, but things can be worse. Know how many times I've jammed a needle into a stranger to help them not die? I don't keep count anymore.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The Butcher posted:

Day weed isn't a great thing

Why not?

quote:

and should probably be avoided if you have things to do

No arguments here :sweatdrop:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

A Terrible Person posted:

Asking for a friend.

If this is a serious question post in one of The Goon Doctor's megathreads with some more details and I'll give you a reply.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Bright Bart posted:

If this is a serious question post in one of The Goon Doctor's megathreads with some more details and I'll give you a reply.

Coward! The answer is escitalopram, go illegally purchase a bunch of escitalopram. Don’t forget to use the drug interaction wizard.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The day weed gives me use of my hands so I can work on the house and get out and about. Lost something like 20 lbs since last December and after a year of prescription weed I don't need any beer/wine/whisky to relax, I just have them when I want the taste. I used to pop ibuprofen to get through long days, now I have had maybe one in the last year.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ReelBigLizard posted:

The day weed gives me use of my hands so I can work on the house and get out and about. Lost something like 20 lbs since last December and after a year of prescription weed I don't need any beer/wine/whisky to relax, I just have them when I want the taste. I used to pop ibuprofen to get through long days, now I have had maybe one in the last year.

You maybe should see a doctor about how you started smoking weed and then you lost weight.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It was hard at first last year when I started but I got used to it and I haven't actually had that much trouble sticking to a diet this winter. Cutting out beer and bread helped a lot, stopped keeping too many snacks in the house. Been getting a lot of exercise working on the house and going to get materials and hardware on my cargo bicycle.

E: I get the munchies worse when I'm drunk and I also have much less self control.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

teen witch posted:

I’m on Wellbutrin now and it rules

:hmmyes: My first year of Wellbutrin ruled - I did this giant cross country road trip, moved into a fancy new apartment, seriously upgraded my job, got a girlfriend EDIT QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES

I stopped taking it around Year 3 because my life had become a total shitshow still is :thumbsup: but very specifically because I crashed my electric bike pretty hard and emotionally felt absolutely nothing. Couldnt move my arm, had to lay perfectly still in bed to sleep, coughing made me see literal stars, and I was just like :geno: Huh I guess the throttle stuck :geno: In retrospect, there were a lot of things that I had simply good-willed through, to my own detriment. Apropos to the thread, I was/am smoking a tremendous amount of pot, so I'm not sure I had the chemical capacity to feel bad about something like that :shrug:

As it turns out, I sorta need that low-lying anxiety to function as a member of society. Otherwise I :justpost::v:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 11, 2023

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
there's not a ton of research on this but from experience, the thing with weed is that extremely high dose use can be cut to relatively low dose use pretty quickly, usually without provoking much more than a desire to smoke more weed. For me, it's always giving up that last bit used a couple hours before bed, that seems to trigger the real insomnia and other mild bullshit pot detox entails.

That's fairly different from addiction to most other things I know of; I couldn't simply reduce my benzo by 95% over the space of a week without much difficulty, nor could a serious opiate or alcohol user. The chemistry is probably pretty interesting; THC is a strong melatonin releaser through some secondary activity IIRC.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Again when people say "day weed isn't good" they're usually people who aren't literally high all the time

If you use weed every day, the effects are very mild. No matter how much I smoke, I never ever get that kind of thousand yard stare "duuuuuuude" high. the amount a normal person needs to get way too high is like, 20mg of thc. Anything less than 50mg barely even registers to me

It's probably hard to conceive of, because it's way different from alcohol. Even when my tolerance for alcohol was crazy high and I could drink all night, it wasn't like "I need to drink a liter of vodka before I even feel anything". Weed tolerance is like, exponential

In the past 2 hours I've taken 100mg of RSO and I can still form arguably coherent thoughts. A weed naive person would be unable to stand up

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If I wasn't addicted to drugs I might get high today.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
how many posters are actually chatgpt bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
How many mgs are in a good draw on a vape pen anyway?