Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I was gonna smoke some weed but then I got high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vakal posted:

How many mgs are in a good draw on a vape pen anyway?

It can vary wildly, but most of the time like 5mg I wanna say

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Vape pens, BTW, are the absolute worst way to get high. They're rarely full spectrum and you overpay

RSO is the same stuff but cheaper and is always full spectrum. You could even put RSO in your own carts and vape it, lots of people do that. Or just put a little drop on top of a bowl.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

precision posted:

Vape pens, BTW, are the absolute worst way to get high. They're rarely full spectrum and you overpay

RSO is the same stuff but cheaper and is always full spectrum. You could even put RSO in your own carts and vape it, lots of people do that. Or just put a little drop on top of a bowl.

I'm not sure I really disagree, but the vape pens I get serve their purpose well enough. I'm not looking to get high, and am instead looking for something to make me feel better physically and mentally. The high CBD flower and vape pens I get help reduce my aches and pains and ease my anxiety, whereas I know if I go high THC then I have to wade through a spike of anxiety before the experience approaches anything pleasant. I can do high THC, and the anxiety it causes is so familiar it's not all that distressing, but I'd still rather not deal with it in the first place.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Any of those cartridges are super sus and will probably give you popcorn lung in a few years. Just vape flower my goon

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

last time i went to my local dispensary they had a buy one vape cart, get a second for a penny promo. i was stoked as hell but when they rung it up it came out to $95 lol. this was half gram carts too.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Vakal posted:

How many mgs are in a good draw on a vape pen anyway?

like a 510g cart? maybe 20-30.

Dab rig? 100+ easy.

E-pen deal like a terp pen? 20-200 depending on how you use it, prolly?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Any of those cartridges are super sus and will probably give you popcorn lung in a few years. Just vape flower my goon

I don't use carts for myriad reasons but this is still a fairly extraordinary claim especially since sketchy as gently caress carts have existed for more than a few years and I'm aware of very few cases of problems in the grand scheme of things. It's not good for you, but, come on, people do cocaine for gently caress's sake.

Cabbages and Kings fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 11, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

precision posted:

Again when people say "day weed isn't good" they're usually people who aren't literally high all the time

I'm not high all the time, and I think day weed is fun. Not like "wake & bake" day weed, but like, mid/late afternoon -- when I can be more sure that I'm actually high and not just naturally tired and/or unfocused after a long day.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ugh, what the hell is that? :gonk:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Every single person I know who got into vape carts eventually had to stop using them because they made their lungs hurt like hell. I don't think that's necessarily popcorn lung but I'll never touch a vape cart again

Vakal
May 11, 2008

precision posted:

It can vary wildly, but most of the time like 5mg I wanna say

Jesus. 3-4 pulls is enough for me. 100 mg would probably make all my bones fall out through my rear end.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cabbages and Kings posted:

like a 510g cart? maybe 20-30.

Dab rig? 100+ easy.

E-pen deal like a terp pen? 20-200 depending on how you use it, prolly?

I don't use carts for myriad reasons but this is still a fairly extraordinary claim especially since sketchy as gently caress carts have existed for more than a few years and I'm aware of very few cases of problems in the grand scheme of things. It's not good for you, but, come on, people do cocaine for gently caress's sake.

this isnt really a thing anymore but (some) vape pens were hella bad for you for a minute

deep dish peat moss posted:

Every single person I know who got into vape carts eventually had to stop using them because they made their lungs hurt like hell. I don't think that's necessarily popcorn lung but I'll never touch a vape cart again

also this. Even the California legal ones with a kerjillion dollars in taxes are barely regulated better than black market bonanza poo poo. Even if the stuff were perfectly extracted hash oil, its still going to be from the cheapest weed grown as cheaply as possible. Theres at least one cart thats guaranteed solventless full spectrum oil with nothing artificial grown on pesticide free weed, Jetty, but do I believe that? :shrug: also :lol: they're like 80 bux a piece

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm not high all the time, and I think day weed is fun. Not like "wake & bake" day weed, but like, mid/late afternoon -- when I can be more sure that I'm actually high and not just naturally tired and/or unfocused after a long day.

Ugh, what the hell is that? :gonk:

Bad stuff that can happen to lungs if you inhale a lot of weird oily stuff :shrug:

It happened at a popcorn factory a while back so the name kinda stuck.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I only get disposable Quill vapes, and they're strain-specific and made in Oregon. I'm not going to pretend they are 100% healthy, but they are a nice product with what appears to be good quality control. Sometimes smoking is inconvenient or a hassle, and these things work as intended for me.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

A way cool drug that nobody talks about is boones farm. You drink one of those ....especially strawberry, you feel like a real man.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I really love making cannaoil bulletproof coffee.
1 cup ground weed and 1 1/4th cup of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin (to help emulsify it to stick to the gut walls easier for absorption.)
Decarb the weed in the oven at 240f for an hour to activate the thc-a to thc. Then cook it in with the oil and lecithin for about 2 hours on a simmer (240f again works if you have a hot plate). Let it cool down to room temp and then strain it with cheesecloth into a jar.
Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of oil to each cup of coffee you and mix it thoroughly until it foams.
Take it with a bunch of metamucil to slow down gut motility and you got yourself a ridiculously great high that lasts half the day.

Edit: 1 cup of ground weed = approx 12-14 grams

Entorwellian fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 13, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Entorwellian posted:

Take it with a bunch of metamucil to slow down gut motility and you got yourself a ridiculously great high that lasts half the day.

Elaborate - I’ve never heard of this before and I’m curious. I don’t need to be making GBS threads my guts out (dairy works fine for that), but I’m curious about this addition.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

teen witch posted:

Elaborate - I’ve never heard of this before and I’m curious. I don’t need to be making GBS threads my guts out (dairy works fine for that), but I’m curious about this addition.

Usually the coffee and weed will give you the shits pretty bad. The metamucil normalizes it out and allows your shits to have a chance to solidify and not slide out the other end in an oily mess.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

precision posted:

Again when people say "day weed isn't good" they're usually people who aren't literally high all the time

If you use weed every day, the effects are very mild. No matter how much I smoke, I never ever get that kind of thousand yard stare "duuuuuuude" high. the amount a normal person needs to get way too high is like, 20mg of thc. Anything less than 50mg barely even registers to me

It's probably hard to conceive of, because it's way different from alcohol. Even when my tolerance for alcohol was crazy high and I could drink all night, it wasn't like "I need to drink a liter of vodka before I even feel anything". Weed tolerance is like, exponential

In the past 2 hours I've taken 100mg of RSO and I can still form arguably coherent thoughts. A weed naive person would be unable to stand up

Woah I was thinking about exactly this yesterday - what triggered it for me though was thinking about how high I used to get, and that I will never be able to recapture it. Like getting the giggles from weed, never gonna happen again. The crazy thing about the above though is even when you're happily consuming 100mg+ a day, as another poster mentioned you can pretty easily cut that back to like 10mg a day without triggering any severe withdrawal (like for me, as long as I have a couple of hits from the dynavap (like, 0.1g total) before I go to sleep I'm good, other than that it's just dealing with my "finish work" routine being disrupted which just needs a bit of distraction to push through - but if I have a choice I will definitely vape 1-2g a day, and I don't imbibe until after I've finished work).

I've taken to not day toking on my days off so much as well, I find if I start earlier in the day, by the evening hitting the vape barely registers. And at that point I've become lazy as poo poo, kinda headachey and my ADHD runs rampant where nothing can hold my attention.

I'm a caffeine addict too in that I struggle to work without a pretty decent amount of caffeine in the mornings (1.5-2 double espressos first thing) but on my days off I don't drink coffee and don't get any of the typical withdrawals

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Welp, it's my weekend. Time to do more coke, and play vr. Vertigo 2 is actually too hard for me.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

anyone know any good narcotics for colds?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This GBS weed addict thread is a good one.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

anyone know any good narcotics for colds?

Duh, hydrocodone cough syrup. Hydromet for instant release + drying action, tussionex for 12 hour symptom relief

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah as much weed as I use, if I don't have weed or just can't use it I don't feel bad at all. Meanwhile I only drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day but if I go 12 hours without caffeine I get a headache and feel weird

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

SwissDonkey posted:

The crazy thing about the above though is even when you're happily consuming 100mg+ a day, as another poster mentioned you can pretty easily cut that back to like 10mg a day without triggering any severe withdrawal

me in bold with an extra 0 lol. would love to cut back but my attempts usually fail cuz fibro

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Wait, so it's possible to give yourself a PERMANENT tolerance? :stare:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Give it 50-100 years and it'll pass

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

cumpantry posted:

me in bold with an extra 0 lol. would love to cut back but my attempts usually fail cuz fibro

When an oz lasts a week lol

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Some super weird cartridge takes here. I'm guessing it is very regional, but where I live a 1.2g cartridge of Alien OG is ~$50 Canadian. (edit: DERP that's before tax, it's ~$61CDN) One of those puppies lasts me for ages.

I actually had bronchiolitis obliterans (aka popcorn lung) as a result of chronic rejection of my transplanted lungs and I know a few other people who have it and keep it under control through different treatments (while being monitored by a team of professionals of course). It is kind of like a diagnosis of exclusion because they don't really know why it happens, and it isn't an ultra-rare thing in the field of transplant medicine. When you think of how many millions of cartridges people are sucking down and how few cases there have actually been, I find it hard to take the condition seriously as a concern. I think we only call it popcorn lung because *one* absolute psycho ate so much microwave popcorn that they killed themselves from it.

My own weed story: having Cystic Fibrosis, cannabis has a lot of beneficial effects. People with CF have chronic pain issues (usually digestive/pancreatitis), anxiety/depression, lack of appetite, chronic nausea and weight loss among other things. We have such a hard time gaining weight that there is often surgical intervention in the form of a g-tube or jg-tube to force liquid calories into the body. Eventually the doctors prescribed me a synthetic form of weed called Nabilone and had me taking that twice daily for a decade and it genuinely helped with multiple issues. However, taking Nabilone is like eating weed and could get me a bit *too* high for long stretches of time, and when it comes to symptom management you would rather have a bit too much than too little and be left hanging and waiting for a top-up dose to take effect; Nabilone isn't an agile enough form of weed for situations like that.

For people with chronic illnesses, vape pens are a bit of a life saver because they are quick and effective top-ups of symptom management and it is really really difficult to gently caress yourself up with them. Anything is bad in large enough quantities but as far as I can tell (and I check fairly often) people almost never get popcorn lung from vaping. With proper regulation, I don't see that changing.

Also, I have never heard of anyone's lungs hurting from vape cartridges, but I don't know anyone who is addicted enough to vaping that that would ever be an issue. With nicotine vapes I could see that happening, but not so much with weed. I'm acutely aware of my lungs and I know if they ever hurt from vaping I would stop immediately :)

TL/DR:

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 14, 2023

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Turpitude posted:

I think we only call it popcorn lung because *one* absolute psycho ate so much microwave popcorn that they killed themselves from it.

IIRC it was a bunch of popcorn factory workers and the one guy who ate like four bags a day for a decade. I think they phased out the chemical.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pekinduck posted:

IIRC it was a bunch of popcorn factory workers and the one guy who ate like four bags a day for a decade. I think they phased out the chemical.

Oh, no. Diacetyl is still in everything. They just gave the guys in the factory some PPE.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

Oh, no. Diacetyl is still in everything. They just gave the guys in the factory some PPE.

lol. That's the name, in organic chemistry we used it for something. It got all over and gave things its wierd metallic buttery smell.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Pekinduck posted:

lol. That's the name, in organic chemistry we used it for something. It got all over and gave things its wierd metallic buttery smell.

Classic Burnouts gangtag there, love to see it in the drug thread!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Pekinduck posted:

It wasn't even just that. He loved the smell of the steam that comes out of the microwave popcorn bag when it's first opened. He would literally snort every single bag he opened.

And it still took many years before his lungs turned into fake buttery topping.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Love is the drug and I need to score

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shootin dope
Between my toes,
Clammy D feelin better
Than all you hoes
Snortin pills
From A to Z,
Then I’ll muscle pop
Some ecstasy.
Walk into the kitchen,
The crack is done!
Now it’s time,
To have some fun.
Smoke some crack,
And watch TV,
OMG I gotta pee.
I pee in the ficus,
I pee on the rug,
You know Clammy D
Don’t give a gently caress!
I pee in the air,
I pee where I want,
Clammy gonna pee
Right in your cuuuuup.

Drank a pepsicola,
In Pensacola
Wasn’t quite as ill
As they might have told ya
Suckers choppin up
My post nasal drip
And sellin that poo poo
For $50 a hit

When I’m chillin
In my home,
I like to suck back
Adrenochrome
Call a chick
To suck my dick
She come over,
And start to strip
She got 3 pussies
And 7 dicks
Clammy D don’t know
Which one to pick.
Maybe I should do
A bump of coke,
Still don’t know
Which hole to poke
What the gently caress,
That didn’t work
Clammy D feelin
like a big jerk.
Eat some shrooms
So my dick get long
Clammy D lookin drat good
In a thong
Found some weed,
Under the rug
Now clammy d
Did all the drugs

Drank a pepsicola
In Pensacola
Wasn’t quite as ill
As they might have told ya
Suckers choppin up
My post nasal drip
And sellin that poo poo
For $50 a hit

:slick:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if that was u under I-110 last week then thanks

or sorryr depending

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ManBoyChef posted:

A way cool drug that nobody talks about is boones farm. You drink one of those ....especially strawberry, you feel like a real man.

Lol boons farm? That's for wine moms, men drink MD20/20

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody fukt up

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Pekinduck posted:

This was basically it. For popcorn, the artificial butter flavor was FDA approved for consumption and didn't make anyone sick. However, if this same additive was inhaled on a regular basis instead of eaten, it caused bad lung problems.

The reason people refer to it with vaping has to do with what additives are being used for flavoring. Many of them use artificial flavors that are legal to use because they're safe to eat, but the effects of them being breathed isn't as well known. So people worry that the same kind of issue that happened with popcorn could happen with other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Lol boons farm? That's for wine moms, men drink MD20/20

man I wish you could still find blue maddog, or any of the bum wines really, it was a once in a while treat

real 4loko was wild as gently caress too but it was too beautiful for this world. One time my brother and I bought a knockoff 4loko back in those wild west days that was a grape-flavored EL JEFE, it came in a tallboy Fosters can and tasted like grape dimetapp. Terrible.

lol I was so hosed up on 4loko when I beat New Vegas twice when it came out in between writing history papers.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 15, 2023