Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is that about an ounce? My ability to judge the weight of shrooms by sight is really, really rusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Also, speaking as a mod, kindly don't give medical advice unless you are qualified to do so, in which case you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway.

Seroquel is not a drug to take lightly, but neither is it a drug to frighten people about. I can think of very few pharmaceuticals where that is appropriate, and even then I'd still qualify statements about them.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Junk posted:

quarter ounce

Okay, my first thought was that it was a quarter, but second-guessed myself into going higher. I think my scale of reference is a little off, too, because we used to get huge cubensis - like up to a foot long. I used to take them to high school and have them for lunch, then go to my afternoon classes. I was not a responsible teenager.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I quit drinking in 2008 when I realized that, for me, it was basically a form of self-harm.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I did the whole heroin to methadone thing from the late 90s to the early 2000s, got off methadone, then had a surprise divorce which led to me going all-in on alcohol starting roughly 2004 or so. Prior to the heroin I was more a polysubstance guy, meaning I would do drat near anything I ran across.

I quit smoking cigarettes in 2010, but have never got off nicotine. I inherited a bespoke artisanal nicotine addiction, and doing anything other than harm reduction with it is not something I see happening anytime soon.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Not to argue about concerns regarding legalized weed, but having dispensaries list the relative strengths has let me focus on high CBD, low THC strains, and use it in a more medicinal fashion. I was a massive stoner when I was in my teens and 20s, and growing up in Oregon meant I was a terrible weed snob and generally had way more powerful pot than most parts of the country. Also, in the summertime we'd get hash oil, which was particularly potent. I built a tolerance that to a large extent is still there, even if I don't smoke for years at a time.

At this point I'm not interested in getting hellbaked, and feel no urge to experiment with the 1000% THC reductions of various kinds. The high CBD strains accomplish exactly what I'm looking for and don't make me nonfunctional, and I don't smoke more than a couple times a week, usually. I have to be careful, especially during the week, because pot will keep me awake. It's some kind of paradoxical reaction, but if I smoke weed it makes me less likely to fall asleep, which is already a problem for me. If I smoked more often I'd be at serious risk of loving up my sleep even worse than it already is.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

precision posted:

Vape pens, BTW, are the absolute worst way to get high. They're rarely full spectrum and you overpay

RSO is the same stuff but cheaper and is always full spectrum. You could even put RSO in your own carts and vape it, lots of people do that. Or just put a little drop on top of a bowl.

I'm not sure I really disagree, but the vape pens I get serve their purpose well enough. I'm not looking to get high, and am instead looking for something to make me feel better physically and mentally. The high CBD flower and vape pens I get help reduce my aches and pains and ease my anxiety, whereas I know if I go high THC then I have to wade through a spike of anxiety before the experience approaches anything pleasant. I can do high THC, and the anxiety it causes is so familiar it's not all that distressing, but I'd still rather not deal with it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I only get disposable Quill vapes, and they're strain-specific and made in Oregon. I'm not going to pretend they are 100% healthy, but they are a nice product with what appears to be good quality control. Sometimes smoking is inconvenient or a hassle, and these things work as intended for me.