Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I am currently blazing through a 1G vape cart approximately every 48 hours

things aren't great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

mst4k posted:

Dude I was blazing those at work all day for months and one time at the end of the day I was like 'how do I even send an email?' then I closed my computer and hosed off somewhere it was probaly cool

:haibrower:

I'm actually surprised I've managed to survive as a human being this long, although :airquote: surviving :airquote: and :airquote: human being :airquote: are doing a lot of heavy lifting.

If I had more money I would probably keep going :shrug: but my life has been a total shitshow for years now and its never going to get better until I quit smoking weed.

absolutely going to grow mushrooms though :okpos:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:golfclap: How do you find these old posts? Dubya was president when ole septum was banned

mst4k posted:

I very highly recommend that, I recentl] grew a batch and went through what i would describe as the 'time tunnels', if you have a good imagination anything is possible and it was super cool.

:haibrower: I'm excited both about the potential spiritual and mental growth, as well as the novelty of psychedelics.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's very simple and incredibly rewarding. Just don't gently caress around with the sanitation part, half rear end it and you can easily waste a batch.

if anything its a huge incentive to stop :350:, because I will gently caress up the process if I'm still vaping.

sobering up from one drug so i can make more drugs :getin:

I also have this saltwater aquarium that I've been cycling for like four months but :effort: on spending money to stock it

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Super Waffle posted:

I realized I have an addictive personality by the time I was 12 or 13, so I made sure to never even try alcohol or drugs of any kind, no matter how lame it made me. 35 now (and very lame), still haven't touched a drop of liquor, but I had some surgery last year wherein I was prescribed some Percocets. I tried holding off as long as I could, managing with tylenol but eventually the pain was too much to bear so I took half a perc. It sucked total rear end; worked worse than the tylenol for pain, and being high was terrible. Just made me nauseous and my scalp buzz. I only kept using it for the anti-inflammatory properties, which were also worse than ibuprofen but I couldn't take a blood thinner. Once I recovered I flushed what was left, about a dozen pills. Just absolute garbage.

:haibrow: One of the little things I'm continuously thankful for is that I loving loathe opiates.

I quit drinking alcohol over ten years ago, and quit smoking cigarettes/vaping nicotine a little over three years ago, but my weed consumption has been somewhere between absurd and crippling for like 20 years now :sigh:

weirdly questioning if I should actually quit, or just figure out a better :airquote: way :airquote: to get high... seems like opening the door to booze again could be way more problematic :shrug:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

I finally discovered RSO. You used to have to be a medical patient to buy it but not in Vegas. It's 15 dollars for a syringe that's the equivalent of like 1000 gummies. That's right. One thousand. It's so cheap because people think buying stuff in a syringe is gross or weird. Lmao people

I had to look up RSO, but Rick Simpson Oil rang a bell. I got a dabber of that stuff like 20 years ago. We squeezed it on bowls to go full catatonic. Shits legit as hell.

:shroom::shroom::shroom:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I once had a bag of slimy mushrooms. I was cowardly and did not eat them. One of my roommates did and said it had somehow grown in potency and was extremely intense? :shrug:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I quit drinking in 2008 when I realized that, for me, it was basically a form of self-harm.

:haibrow: I quit in 2012 for the same reason. The steps it took for me to realize that are vaguely funny in retrospect, and I have no desire to drink again, but knowing what I know now (re :airquote: friends :airquote: health misdiagnosis, and insane work stress) I'm not sure if I would make the same decision.

I quit smoking cigarettes March 2019 for realz, and had my last nicotine involved product with some lovely blunt in Amsterdam (:jerkbag:) in Feb 2020. :feelsgood: I used to love smoking, until I quit the first time, and then when I started again it was always a disgusting chore. Vaping was actually my preferred thing for a very long time, to the point that I didn't think I would ever quit, but I just woke up one day and was completely done with it.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

there has to be a thread on shrooms, somewhere here, right?

I believe there's one on TCC. Also reddit (:rolleyes:) actually has a fantastic Mushroom community. I haven't dipped my toes in yet but I want to pull the trigger this week

deep dish peat moss posted:

Also I want to point out that this paper is not saying "weed is bad and dangerous", it's saying "the commercialization of weed is bad and dangerous", capitalism incentivizes the uptick in potency and in frequency of use, and largely the weed that we are being sold these days is weed that was scientifically designed to get us high as gently caress and to make us want more (by being memorably-potent), and that competition for higher potency has led to the prevalence of dangerously-potent products. Old studies and knowledge about the safety of weed were used to relax regulations for the weed that's sold today, even though it is, to quote my friends and I 10 years ago, "more like weed crack for weed crackheads" (I say this lovingly as someone who gets high as gently caress every day). And, well, actually what the paper is really about is how we need to change that attitude because the perceived safety of it is drawing adolescents to it and it is proven at these potencies to be negatively impactful on the actual physiological brain growth and development of people under the age of 25-30.

:haibrow: I have long thought that legalization effectively weaponized weed. Ofc the weed thread knows what a dab is, but for those of you who haven't followed the latest advances in weed technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52sjOrUqwEw

Watch that dude rip that poo poo and tell me it isn't weed-crack.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I compare THC addiction to caffeine addiction.

Very astute. I've been :okpos: off weed a few times, but rarely. Most of the time being high isn't much more than drinking a big cup of coffee. I used to balance mornings out evenly - decent cup of coffee, two bowls, a cigarette. I switched from cigs to vape, than from bowls to vape, and then I quit vaping nicotine and going full-time on vape pens sorta hosed it up for me. Its just too easy to be sorta-high all the time with a vape pen.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Plus, consuming a shitload of weed is glamorized in a similar way to how consuming massive amounts of coffee is.

:hmmyes: its weird, there's this outlaw persona about people who smoke shitloads and shitloads of weed. See - snoop dogg, willie nelson, seth rogan. All sorta idealized by people who dont seem to smoke every day. Sorta like how people felt about alcoholics in the 70s IMO. As DDPM and others have posted, society is starting to wake up to how loving strong weed is these days & the problems its causing

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about everything else that's going on in your life. That sounds pretty heinous.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

teen witch posted:

I’m on Wellbutrin now and it rules

:hmmyes: My first year of Wellbutrin ruled - I did this giant cross country road trip, moved into a fancy new apartment, seriously upgraded my job, got a girlfriend EDIT QUIT SMOKING CIGARETTES

I stopped taking it around Year 3 because my life had become a total shitshow still is :thumbsup: but very specifically because I crashed my electric bike pretty hard and emotionally felt absolutely nothing. Couldnt move my arm, had to lay perfectly still in bed to sleep, coughing made me see literal stars, and I was just like :geno: Huh I guess the throttle stuck :geno: In retrospect, there were a lot of things that I had simply good-willed through, to my own detriment. Apropos to the thread, I was/am smoking a tremendous amount of pot, so I'm not sure I had the chemical capacity to feel bad about something like that :shrug:

As it turns out, I sorta need that low-lying anxiety to function as a member of society. Otherwise I :justpost::v:

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 11, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cabbages and Kings posted:

like a 510g cart? maybe 20-30.

Dab rig? 100+ easy.

E-pen deal like a terp pen? 20-200 depending on how you use it, prolly?

I don't use carts for myriad reasons but this is still a fairly extraordinary claim especially since sketchy as gently caress carts have existed for more than a few years and I'm aware of very few cases of problems in the grand scheme of things. It's not good for you, but, come on, people do cocaine for gently caress's sake.

this isnt really a thing anymore but (some) vape pens were hella bad for you for a minute

deep dish peat moss posted:

Every single person I know who got into vape carts eventually had to stop using them because they made their lungs hurt like hell. I don't think that's necessarily popcorn lung but I'll never touch a vape cart again

also this. Even the California legal ones with a kerjillion dollars in taxes are barely regulated better than black market bonanza poo poo. Even if the stuff were perfectly extracted hash oil, its still going to be from the cheapest weed grown as cheaply as possible. Theres at least one cart thats guaranteed solventless full spectrum oil with nothing artificial grown on pesticide free weed, Jetty, but do I believe that? :shrug: also :lol: they're like 80 bux a piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
4loko makes the top five of my worst alcohol experiences, although most of it was sitting around drinking by myself :dafuq:

precision posted:

I miss my alcoholic friend. He dead ):

:same::smith:

I was friends with a guy in my late teens / early 20s, roomed with him for a bit and let him crash on my couch for a long time. We were all giant giant potheads circa 02/03', and eventually I outgrew my little hometown and left. We kept in touch on social media but didnt really talk for years, there was one event that I was supposed to go see him but the brainworms got me.. :smith:

anyway, turns out that when our little social group broke up, he graduated from smoking a lot of weed to drinking every day, and he died of a heart attack in his sleep a few years back before I ever got a chance to speak to him again...

gently caress booze