Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I'm doing what are known as brown speedballs. You take a handful of immodiums and a handful of laxatives. You see how long you can last. poo poo gets real. I totally feel like Rudy Guiliani right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I quit drinking in 2014 along with heroin...I had multi decade poly drug habit. I basically was using because I had a severe mental health disorder but I live int he states so couldn't afford treatment for it but still had to work....I also had a lot of bad poo poo happen in my life. Freakign trauma. So I started using really hard for a long time. Then some stuff happened with my ex and my son...and I really went off the deepend. Became homeless....still working though. Finally ended up in rehab....got kicked out because of cigarettes...I mean seriously...cigarettes. Led to a relapse because the only place I had to go in New York winter was a trap house.

Ended up going to my moms and getting on suboxone. This led to me working two jobs again to support the suboxone which was a huge cost. Its amazing that inf FL a lot of the pill mill docs ended up becoming suboxone docs. Get them addicted and then start selling them another partial agonist opioid which is not covered by insurance....whats that you say? you want to take subutex which is covered by insurance? too bad you have to take suboxone because thats made by the company that gave me a bunch of free stuff.

I ended up working nonstop again still without getting my mental healthcare taken care of...at this point the years of alcohol, benzo, iv cocaine/heroin/pill, daily abuse in addition to not sleeping well, barely eating, and working constantly caught up with me. Ended up starting to lose weight really rapidly. Couldn't figure out why. Turns out I had pretty bad liver disease caused by hepc. Tried to get clean from Suboxone...that withdrawal is a nightmare. Ended up going back on heroin...rippin and running. Ended up in jail because I was copping and when I was doing that a cop stopped me at the dope spot...and charged me and kicked my rear end put me in jail. Stipulation for getting bailed out by bail bondsperson was going to rehab. I ended up going to rehab that was 2014.

Developed some other pretty bad health problems that caused me to go on disability which in this state is a starvation wage. Ive only had a couple slips since then.

Quit smoking cigs like three or four years ago...I will tell you this. Of all the drugs I have done. The two I miss the most are Whiskey neat with a beer back, and a cigarette. I can leave all the rest.

gently caress the american healthcare system. gently caress the american rehabilitation system that is based on capitalist ethics....not concerned with outcomes (which is why so few people end up getting clean) and more with making money. Seriously, just lock yourself in a room, feed yourself lovely food, hit on yourself cos every one in a coed rehab is coming off drugs and are horny as hell, and do twelve step meetings which are free....oh and get this...charge yourself thousands of dollars a day. you may get to see a doctor for five minutes once a week but the rest of your time you are dealing with techs or nurses that are making 9 p/hr....which is anecdotal..thats what they made at the place I went in 2014.

anyways. Carryon.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I did the whole heroin to methadone thing from the late 90s to the early 2000s, got off methadone, then had a surprise divorce which led to me going all-in on alcohol starting roughly 2004 or so. Prior to the heroin I was more a polysubstance guy, meaning I would do drat near anything I ran across.

I quit smoking cigarettes in 2010, but have never got off nicotine. I inherited a bespoke artisanal nicotine addiction, and doing anything other than harm reduction with it is not something I see happening anytime soon.

Isnt it amazing how a huge family destroying divorce will cause you to want to medicate just to be able to wakeup and go to work and put one foot in front of the other?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I took one weed once....really messed my life up. That caring/intelligent agent they sent over from DARE was right!

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

A way cool drug that nobody talks about is boones farm. You drink one of those ....especially strawberry, you feel like a real man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

anyone know any good narcotics for colds?