Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
alcohol is a lame drug

now HALDOL, that poo poo will gently caress you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Some super weird cartridge takes here. I'm guessing it is very regional, but where I live a 1.2g cartridge of Alien OG is ~$50 Canadian. (edit: DERP that's before tax, it's ~$61CDN) One of those puppies lasts me for ages.

I actually had bronchiolitis obliterans (aka popcorn lung) as a result of chronic rejection of my transplanted lungs and I know a few other people who have it and keep it under control through different treatments (while being monitored by a team of professionals of course). It is kind of like a diagnosis of exclusion because they don't really know why it happens, and it isn't an ultra-rare thing in the field of transplant medicine. When you think of how many millions of cartridges people are sucking down and how few cases there have actually been, I find it hard to take the condition seriously as a concern. I think we only call it popcorn lung because *one* absolute psycho ate so much microwave popcorn that they killed themselves from it.

My own weed story: having Cystic Fibrosis, cannabis has a lot of beneficial effects. People with CF have chronic pain issues (usually digestive/pancreatitis), anxiety/depression, lack of appetite, chronic nausea and weight loss among other things. We have such a hard time gaining weight that there is often surgical intervention in the form of a g-tube or jg-tube to force liquid calories into the body. Eventually the doctors prescribed me a synthetic form of weed called Nabilone and had me taking that twice daily for a decade and it genuinely helped with multiple issues. However, taking Nabilone is like eating weed and could get me a bit *too* high for long stretches of time, and when it comes to symptom management you would rather have a bit too much than too little and be left hanging and waiting for a top-up dose to take effect; Nabilone isn't an agile enough form of weed for situations like that.

For people with chronic illnesses, vape pens are a bit of a life saver because they are quick and effective top-ups of symptom management and it is really really difficult to gently caress yourself up with them. Anything is bad in large enough quantities but as far as I can tell (and I check fairly often) people almost never get popcorn lung from vaping. With proper regulation, I don't see that changing.

Also, I have never heard of anyone's lungs hurting from vape cartridges, but I don't know anyone who is addicted enough to vaping that that would ever be an issue. With nicotine vapes I could see that happening, but not so much with weed. I'm acutely aware of my lungs and I know if they ever hurt from vaping I would stop immediately :)

TL/DR:

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 14, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Pekinduck posted:

lol. That's the name, in organic chemistry we used it for something. It got all over and gave things its wierd metallic buttery smell.

Classic Burnouts gangtag there, love to see it in the drug thread!