Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I quit about an hour ago, because I had to shower

Shower beer is extremely overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I thought weed addiction was more about habit than chemical dependency, but I guess you learn something new every day

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Well habitual dependencies are ubiquitous and can manifest in responce to p much anything that stimulates an increase in the feel-good dopamine chemicals in the brain such as eating Mcdick's, participating in masochism, or listening to ASMR. In terms of direct chemical dependence, weed/alcohol doesn't have the same magnitude of euphoric effect as say coke/crack as the latter keeps the dopamine floating between the synapses for longer by blocking its 'drainage channels'. Though the line between habitual and chemical dependency is blurred and often involves both working in tandem.

Right, mostly I just didn't know that there could be actual physical withdrawal symptoms

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I compare THC addiction to caffeine addiction.

Yes, it can happen.

That's a good comparison. Plus, consuming a shitload of weed is glamorized in a similar way to how consuming massive amounts of coffee is.

I like the taste of coffee enough that I tried decaf just so I could see what it was like to drink it more than once in a day, but decaf tasted weird & gross so I just accepted that it would have to remain a morning-only ritual forever. :smith:

Also, I'm very sorry to hear about everything else that's going on in your life. That sounds pretty heinous.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There's a whole other thread to shitpost about how awesome weed is, you know

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: its weird, there's this outlaw persona about people who smoke shitloads and shitloads of weed. See - snoop dogg, willie nelson, seth rogan. All sorta idealized by people who dont seem to smoke every day.

Didn't Snoop say that he smoked 80 blunts a day or some crazy poo poo? :gonk: My lungs/throat/wallet hurt just thinking about it.

precision posted:

It's because if you are high all day every day, you actually aren't really ever high

It's a cucumber

Plus, building up a tolerance sounds expensive. I run through two quarters (I think? they cost $100 total, edit: and it's two little palm-sized packets, if that helps) just about every three months, and maybe I'm a cheapskate but I can't imagine having to spend that kind of money every month or, god forbid, more frequently than that.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 11, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The Butcher posted:

Day weed isn't a great thing

Why not?

quote:

and should probably be avoided if you have things to do

No arguments here :sweatdrop:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

precision posted:

Again when people say "day weed isn't good" they're usually people who aren't literally high all the time

I'm not high all the time, and I think day weed is fun. Not like "wake & bake" day weed, but like, mid/late afternoon -- when I can be more sure that I'm actually high and not just naturally tired and/or unfocused after a long day.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Any of those cartridges are super sus and will probably give you popcorn lung in a few years. Just vape flower my goon

Ugh, what the hell is that? :gonk:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Wait, so it's possible to give yourself a PERMANENT tolerance? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope