Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
starting a petition stating unequivocally that i will watch those two fight as long as they want to keep booking it

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

hi, i'm just visiting.

has anyone in UFC feigned like that before in a match?
just curious because it's Less Than Advantageous if it goes wrong and i've never seen that and wanted to make sure i wasn't forgetting a match in the last few years.

Marching Powder posted:

starting a petition stating unequivocally that i will watch those two fight as long as they want to keep booking it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

He's still probably capable of soundly beating up almost anyone at middleweight, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Because of this:

Brut posted:

He's still probably capable of soundly beating up almost anyone at middleweight

Izzy's the cash cow, he's the one the UFC wants to market, and Pereira's approaching 36 and was already making noise about being done with middleweight, they got the big Izzy hype moment they wanted out of him and I'd be genuinely shocked if they let him stick around. They've already got one Robert Whittaker derailing prospects they don't want to give a title shot, I can't imagine they want two.

We'll see. Awesome fight, anyway.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

MLK Ultra posted:

hi, i'm just visiting.

just curious because it's Less Than Advantageous if it goes wrong and i've never seen that and wanted to make sure i wasn't forgetting a match in the last few years.
hi vistor,

derrick lewis

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

beep by grandpa posted:

hi vistor,

derrick lewis

oh poo poo, during dos Santos.
thankya!

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

MLK Ultra posted:

hi, i'm just visiting.

Was it really a feign, or just covering up against the cage wall?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
first edwards and now izzy. love it when a fighter overcomes what seems like an unconquerable mental wall

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i respect your demented levels of hating to be still doing it after a performance like that

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna see pereira vs chimaev for the next title shot. i doubt they rubber match it again since it was an extremely conclusive knockout plus izzy was up all 5 rounds until getting knocked out the previous fight. I think it makes sense for pereira to need to win another for another title fight since having them fight 3x in a row is just not good imo. pereira only had a few fights before his title shot too, and chimaev needs some in the division to deserve it as well really. just makes sense imo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1644938727901523971
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1644947558199103488

Wouldn't hold your breath for further Pereira 185 fights.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I had to go double check that I didn't forget him fighting someone else in between the last fight after reading this, lmao.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

MLK Ultra posted:

hi, i'm just visiting.

Werdum used to do it, he was the first guy to beat Fedor in ages because of it. Charles Oliviera and Nate Diaz kinda do it, both are just very confident in their ground game and drop down to recover and bait guys a little bit if they think they have a big grappling advantage

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
'i'm definitely not scared' - israel adesanya

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Was it really a feign, or just covering up against the cage wall?

I think he intentionally covered up high guard to draw Pereira in. He knew it would look vulnerable and encourage hunting for a finish, and certainly planned to fire back.
How much control he had of the situation once Pereira came in is the debatable part.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

MLK Ultra posted:

hi, i'm just visiting.

Cutelaba :classiclol:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get killed standing by two big huge back to back right hands like that before

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao the hard yards of literally nothing

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

He isnt talking about between the rematches he's referring to his legacy as champ OP hth

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

he is scared and wants to stop being scared. i have it on good authority he spent the last few months pissing into his pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get killed standing by two big huge back to back right hands like that before

pereira got caught partly because he tries to double up on the left hook himself.

the way izzy bounced off the cage for the second shot was slick as gently caress