Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Almost all lyrics can be found online, but some cannot be found easily, despite the artist having some notoriety.

The one I’m having trouble with are the lyrics for “Digital” by Roni Size. I’ve also found I’m not good at deciphering lyrics myself.

This is my effort:
[Video yoga]? digital
Manipulate the manual
I am [???]
Digital and [???]
(Verse repeats 3 times, and each seem to have some variation)

I am the only one
To find you here
I am the only one
Inside

[Unknown vocal sample 4x] [Made astray]???

(Lyrics repeat)

Slide slide slide

(Lyrics repeat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPSTs4rH7g

Even Michael Stipe doesn't know the lyrics.

Congrats, those lyrics are freely available online just by doing a quick Google search, and also display on streaming platforms such as Spotify. This thread is for deciphering lyrics that can’t be found anywhere, or getting a link from some obscure place someone knows about.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

Wow Edward Mass…..you really hosed up this time

I actually regret sounding so snarky. Sorry Edward.

Simply put, if the lyrics are published and freely available, you can augment your abilities and decipher the lyrics. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a reason really to have this thread, other than to make a list of songs that are hard to decipher only by listening to them.

I’ve always wondered what just about all the lyrics are on Squarepusher’s Shobaleader One, but I can vaguely tell “Laser Rock” is about doing away with fantastical, unproven explanations of phenomena.

Some phrases that stand out (but I could be wrong deciphering) are “are we really living in dream?” and “out with you’re poo poo” are a few that made me decide what this could be about.

We Are The Music Makers forum had a thread discussing what the album’s lyrics could be, but I think a lot of it is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l7amhjI-Sk

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 9, 2023