Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He does! The Vatican has a special "pope making GBS threads woods" that's been around since Clement II

I will make a note of it. Thanks for clearing that up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

I'd bunk with smug anytime

Now that I'm best friends with William Harry Henrytaint I do have a spot open for a forums enemy, are you interested

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Now that I'm best friends with William Harry Henrytaint I do have a spot open for a forums enemy, are you interested

WHH over me?! I can' tbe emenies with such a epic meme lord poster

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Who? Are you. anyways

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I looked it up and Clement II was pope in 1046. That is a good rear end joke.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I looked it up and Clement II was pope in 1046. That is a good rear end joke.

Thank you! Not Catholic but I do find papal history fascinating.

Play posted:

Who? Are you. anyways

Who are any of us? Honestly, we go through life and we act in our plays. The only true measure of who we are comes at the very end, when we look back at our life and experiences and finally understand that's who we are, who we have been and who we became. Kind of sobering but also kind of heartwarming in a way. We all change, we all grow, we all become who we're supposed to be.

On that note probably time for me to close this up. Thanks everyone! We'll do this again sometime.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Hi! Finished off the rest of the wine so sure why not reopen this

For anyone asking this isn't going to be a regular thing. I figured it's nice to just chat with the community tbh

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Is it possible to clap along if you feel like a room without a roof?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It absolutely is! Just imagine the room has a roof and then clap

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
About the cherry stem thing: Do you think anyone can do it or it's just something from TV and movies? I've never seen anyone do it in person.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

About the cherry stem thing: Do you think anyone can do it or it's just something from TV and movies? I've never seen anyone do it in person.

I don't think anyone can just do it. There's people with legitimate tongue ties (my ex had one) who definitely could not do it because they don't have the freedom of movement in the mouth

Technically I think it's possible that I haven't seen it either

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
what's your fav song op? mine is going to georgia by the mountain goats

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Revins posted:

Right now it's "this year" by the mountain goats :hfive:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Revins posted:

No Children

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

gently caress yeah

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

op, what would you do for a klondike bar?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I would do nothing for them for I have never had a Klondike bar and don't know what I'm missing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What do you think of your fellow GBS mods
Do you feel they are all each pulling their weight

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

and how much do each of the gbs mods weigh for that matter?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

This is a very good mod group. We gel well together and I trust their judgment. GBS has been humming lately thanks to their efforts (multiple cores)

Bad Purchase posted:

and how much do each of the gbs mods weigh for that matter?

collectively we're six tons. I personally am about 4.5 of those

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's just that I notice Aardvark rarely pushes his buttons, and Gene wakes up once a week to ban someone for a week. You and CaptainSarcastic are working your tails off while those two layabouts just collect checks.

What's up with that? Wouldn't you like people on the team who want to share the load equally?

e: I don't even know who those other jokers listed at the top of GBS are, for Pete's sake!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nah Gene has his his stuff and that takes precedence and AARD is doing his thing

Basically, it's good they're around because much like a viper, they'll strike without warning. With me, you see me. You know I'm coming. I'm the distraction for them to come out of nowhere and tag you

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smugworth posted:

It's just that I notice Aardvark rarely pushes his buttons, and Gene wakes up once a week to ban someone for a week. You and CaptainSarcastic are working your tails off while those two layabouts just collect checks.

What's up with that? Wouldn't you like people on the team who want to share the load equally?

e: I don't even know who those other jokers listed at the top of GBS are, for Pete's sake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCqF_NtpOQ

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nah Gene has his his stuff and that takes precedence and AARD is doing his thing

Basically, it's good they're around because much like a viper, they'll strike without warning. With me, you see me. You know I'm coming. I'm the distraction for them to come out of nowhere and tag you

Curious. My PMs are open if for some reason you don't feel comfortable discussing this in public.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the oceanographer's choice is an underrated TMG song, its so good and I never hear anyone talk about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ya ever see a deuce in a toilet and wanna take a picture of it

Doesn't have to be yours, but it could be

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Ya ever see a deuce in a toilet and wanna take a picture of it

Doesn't have to be yours, but it could be

No because I have an aversion to looking at that poo poo (lol)

I could have colon cancer and never know!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you had to fight to the death against
your doppelganger, what strategy would you try to use to defeat it

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Is the front page forever going to be a crater or does jeffyos have plans for it?

Also can one of y'all put the furry apology article back? It was good. Would actually make for a good Final Article if the front page is never coming back.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Peanut butter: smooth or chunky?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What do you think is the biggest problem facing GBS right now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If you had to fight to the death against
your doppelganger, what strategy would you try to use to defeat it

I would probably use the power of persuasion and my natural charisma to defeat it. I would promptly be mulched into pulp by it.

olives black posted:

Is the front page forever going to be a crater or does jeffyos have plans for it?

Also can one of y'all put the furry apology article back? It was good. Would actually make for a good Final Article if the front page is never coming back.

From the updates astral has provided (these are all public btw this isn't anything people can't search for) the front page is a horror show. Like saying it's a Rube Goldberg machine is an insult to said machines. It's held together less by duct tape and more by wishes, hopes, sewing thread and spit. Astrals been doing a hell of a job fixing it, but it's been an absolutely massive undertaking. I think he may be close to fixing it but that's all tech poo poo that I don't understand so I'd recommend checking the tech forum threads

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

Peanut butter: smooth or chunky?

Chunky forever. I need that texture!

Smugworth posted:

What do you think is the biggest problem facing GBS right now

I guess megathreads tbh but there's not an easy solution to those. GBS is in a really good place right now thanks to great posters and interesting threads.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

What *did* the dog do?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Caj you bring back DPPH? Ever since it was closed I haven't found any other place on the internet to find pictures of sexy ladies. :(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I guess megathreads tbh but there's not an easy solution to those. GBS is in a really good place right now thanks to great posters and interesting threads.

What has been your feedback from Jeff about the direction of GBS? Does he like it? Does he hate it? Does he even care?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

What *did* the dog do?

You don't want to know. It was between pooping on the floor and crimes where you run to countries that don't have an extradition treaty with the US

Outpost22 posted:

Caj you bring back DPPH? Ever since it was closed I haven't found any other place on the internet to find pictures of sexy ladies. :(

I would recommend Google op. I think it's safe to say DPPH ain't coming back

Smugworth posted:

What has been your feedback from Jeff about the direction of GBS? Does he like it? Does he hate it? Does he even care?

Jeff does care! I know there's a trope of sleepy Jeff and all that but he does care about how the forums are going. I don't have any specific feedback about GBS itself but if he was displeased with it he'd let us know I think. Sometimes he'll post in here, which is always a good sign

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 10, 2023

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Are u allergic to ginger?

Will u watch the never ending story with me every weekend?

Do u have other friends?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Are u allergic to ginger?

Will u watch the never ending story with me every weekend?

Do u have other friends?

1) no I love ginger

2) sure! Never seen it but I hear it's good

3) absolutely! I have a ton of other friends but none of them are goons (that I know of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WN0T-Ee3q4