Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

All-time elite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGmT8UTPaco

haljordan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
wtf lol

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I really hope Heat 2 actually happens. Because I was prepared for that book/story to be pretty average based on Mann's work over the last 10-15 years, but holy poo poo, if the Mexico heist makes it to film, it's gonna own bones.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's used in training videos. "Learn to do it like Val Kilmer did it here."

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've done that exact move in counter strike, don't really see the big deal

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

i've done that exact move in counter strike, don't really see the big deal

I think the big deal is that this is the best Batman doing it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Me reloading my burritos

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I got my first noise complaint watching Heat in a small apartment with newly bought surround sound.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

The Way Of The Gun is really great for that too lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

down n out posted:

I got my first noise complaint watching Heat in a small apartment with newly bought surround sound.

:haibrower: a right of passage for the physical media generation

also Heat is free on Youtube right now. Sorta crazy how much talent is in that movie. Movie holds up well, but :lol::lol::lol: at Deniro mugging around in his unbuttoned double-breasted suit jacket

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I really hope Heat 2 actually happens. Because I was prepared for that book/story to be pretty average based on Mann's work over the last 10-15 years, but holy poo poo, if the Mexico heist makes it to film, it's gonna own bones.

I really liked the book, but Al Pacino ruined it for me by suggesting that Timothée Chalamet should play a young version of him and I couldn't stop cracking up imagining Timmy as a grizzled Chicago detective

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
if he'd used two guns, he'd shoot twice as many bad guys

these dudes just don't use their heads

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrower: a right of passage for the physical media generation

also Heat is free on Youtube right now. Sorta crazy how much talent is in that movie. Movie holds up well, but :lol::lol::lol: at Deniro mugging around in his unbuttoned double-breasted suit jacket

the fact that they didn't need to overdub the shootout because shooting blanks off in downtown LA was so loving loud that it made the soundtrack is really something

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

bi-GREAT rear end

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I really liked the book, but Al Pacino ruined it for me by suggesting that Timothée Chalamet should play a young version of him and I couldn't stop cracking up imagining Timmy as a grizzled Chicago detective

Yeah, even as a Chalamet fan, wtf??

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Heat was good but the love interest angle was really embarrassingly bad. There's nothing that woman had in common with the main character and it just came off really unconvincing and lame.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Toxic Mental posted:

bi-GREAT rear end

Bill Simmons' forums account spotted

Also I love how genuinely baffled Hank Azaria is after Pacino drops that line. Apparently in the original draft Pacino's character is using blow throughout

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

down n out posted:

the gently caress is wrong with neighbors that don't start with a polite knock and hey can you turn that down

christ am I glad the nearest neighbor I have is like 1/8 mile away and pretty loving deaf. Makes it easier when I need to do poo poo like murder pest birds at 5:30am.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

the fact that they didn't need to overdub the shootout because shooting blanks off in downtown LA was so loving loud that it made the soundtrack is really something

Yeah Michael Mann insisting on using real locations and basically no soundstages is why it sounds so loving awesome. You almost never, ever see that kind of stuff nowadays.

That movie inspired actual criminals to do the same exact poo poo in real life and it went even worse for the cops. And there were only two of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 9, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haljordan posted:

Yeah Michael Mann insisting on using real locations and basically no soundstages is why it sounds so loving awesome. You almost never, ever see that kind of stuff nowadays.

That movie inspired actual criminals to do the same exact poo poo in real life and it went even worse for the cops. And there were only two of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

“The SWAT team also commandeered an armored car to evacuate the wounded. Several officers additionally equipped themselves with AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer.” I loled

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

“The SWAT team also commandeered an armored car to evacuate the wounded. Several officers additionally equipped themselves with AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer.” I loled

The footage from that shootout is WILD. At one point, one of the gunman is just walking next to a car being driven by the other guy at basically idle speed just fuckin unloading bullets on the cops.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

yeah the north hollywood shootout was loving wild and part of why we're in this loving mess today

one of them popped himself after he had his hand shot and the other one got shot in the legs and was allowed to bleed to death before they let medics touch him, it was real crazy bad poo poo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

yeah the north hollywood shootout was loving wild and part of why we're in this loving mess today

one of them popped himself after he had his hand shot and the other one got shot in the legs and was allowed to bleed to death before they let medics touch him, it was real crazy bad poo poo

Yeah right at the beginning of the clip I linked Michael Mann is talking about how cops aren't used to being overwhelmed by force and by people who know what they're doing and when it happens they fall apart and that poo poo is 1,000% correct lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

haljordan posted:

Yeah right at the beginning of the clip I linked Michael Mann is talking about how cops aren't used to being overwhelmed by force and by people who know what they're doing and when it happens they fall apart and that poo poo is 1,000% correct lol

yeah lol he's totally right, those two guys hosed up their recon and then, once they botched their job, held the copsLAPD at bay for like a straight hour before everything went real bad for them

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 9, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Arm the police with bazookas imo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
So, I guess Payday 2 is actually accurate?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2YVhsg3VFg

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

A Strange Aeon posted:

Heat was good but the love interest angle was really embarrassingly bad. There's nothing that woman had in common with the main character and it just came off really unconvincing and lame.

That's interesting because I thought that part was so well done

Their loneliness and isolation is what they had in common, and that can def be enough.

Spinz fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 9, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

yeah they flat out told the ambulance to go away and waited an hour for him to bleed to death. i think that's sop though. there was a guy near my hometown that came home to an undercover cop in his driveway getting his dick sucked by another cop and ended up getting shot in the stomach and crawling 200 yards before dying despite being like five minutes from the hospital.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

yeah they flat out told the ambulance to go away and waited an hour for him to bleed to death. i think that's sop though. there was a guy near my hometown that came home to an undercover cop in his driveway getting his dick sucked by another cop and ended up getting shot in the stomach and crawling 200 yards before dying despite being like five minutes from the hospital.

Nowadays they'd just use a robot to drop a grenade on the guy

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Why were the police fellating each other in this fellas driveway

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Why were the police fellating each other in this fellas driveway

because they're cops, it's natural behavior

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They confused deep throat with deep cover...

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

GundamHealer posted:

The Way Of The Gun is really great for that too lol

Hell yeah it is

Good movie

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

What’s up with William Fichtner? He flies under the radar but kicks rear end in everything he does.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Toxic Mental posted:

bi-GREAT rear end

His wife in the movie didn't even have a nice rear end

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Henry Rollins as Fichtner's goon is pretty hilarious. I bet he hated shooting the scene where Pacino tosses him around like a ragdoll.

I read somewhere that Pacino's 'GREAT rear end' line was essentially ad-libbed. Well the yelling was; apparently he was supposed to whisper it in Azaria's ear but either they had done too many takes and he was frustrated, or he was just on some Weird Pacino poo poo that day, and screamed it in his face. Azaria's look of shock is genuine.

MrQwerty posted:

haljordan posted:

The thing about (almost) no gunshot overdubs is true, but the audio in those scenes is also heavily compressed, which is a huge factor in how ear-splittingly loud you perceive it.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

:hmmyes:

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 9, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

I read somewhere that Pacino's 'GREAT rear end' line was essentially ad-libbed. Well the yelling was; apparently he was supposed to whisper it in Azaria's ear but either they had done too many takes and he was frustrated, or he was just on some Weird Pacino poo poo that day, and screamed it in his face. Azaria's look of shock is genuine.

This jives with what I think I remember Azaria saying on a podcast a few years ago

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I also like the scene at the drive-in where those goons try to kill DeNiro and he makes sure to shoot one of them to spin him around so he can see the car about to run him over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I know I'm not the only one out there who thinks Clooney deserves a mulligan