Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

What’s up with William Fichtner? He flies under the radar but kicks rear end in everything he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

credburn posted:

A scrawny annoying marine once got in my face and told me 99% of civilians could not hit a standing person from ten feet away with a pistol. I've never fired a pistol before. I bet I could do it.

It’s surprisingly difficult to shoot a hand gun accurately. I bet it’s true if the person has never fired a weapon before and was under pressure.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

haljordan posted:

But I've been told arming teachers is a smart idea that definitely won't lead to more innocent people getting killed!!!

Cops can’t even hit something without unloading 17 rounds and they have mandatory training lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

haljordan posted:

Yeah and sometimes that something is another cop lmao what a time to be alive

lmao

Just imagine how many underpaid overworked teachers would eventually snap and think gently caress it I’m taking these monsters out with me.

Anyway, Heat is real good but I like Collateral more. I love movies that unfold in real time, and the focus being tighter on just two people almost makes it like a reverse buddy comedy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

numberoneposter posted:

michael mann movies are so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs

my biggest criticism of almost ALL movies is that they cant seem to find a good comedy balance

i dont want a comedy movie, but people joke, or at least i do, even if its poo poo situations im not a grim fucker, so mann could stand to lighten up a touch, hes not the worst offender by a long shot he has plenty of digressions and very nice moments but some more jokes would help, i think ridley scott movies end up the worst in this pile with nolan chasing a close second, which is a shame because with a little bit of script editing blade runner could have been so much better

this is where i think scorsese and tarratino nail it in particular with this balance

Wtf red dragon is a remake of manhunter? I’m on this exact scene in red dragon right now :aaa:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Red Dragon is another adaptation of the same book u cretin

For my Michael Mann crime I will order Heat 2 and enjoy it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Baxter posted:

I stumbled onto The Drop about a year ago and thought it was pretty drat good. Small-scale like you said, but a good solid story. One of a couple of films that made me kind of a Tom Hardy fan. Plus, Gandolfini.

I randomly found it a few days ago and enjoyed it. Love the small scale stakes and neighborhood bully stuff.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cactus Ghost posted:

i liked the town but i'm not fussy about movies. Hell Or High Water. No Country For Old Men. Seasons 1-3 of Fargo. Season 2 of True Detective (fight me)

I recently gave TD season 2 another shot and loved it. Vaughn trying and failing to be a mob guy was fun, and drunken Colin Ferrell is always awesome.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Extra Large Marge posted:

Man, David Fincher is really good at making movies about maladjusted weirdos.

I think that’s why I love Zodiac so much, you get to see stable but quirky characters slowly morph into insane weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
A counter to that is the OG mission impossible movie when Ethan is browsing newsgroups looking for por..err looking for terrorists. Holds up well.