Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

haljordan posted:

Yeah Michael Mann insisting on using real locations and basically no soundstages is why it sounds so loving awesome. You almost never, ever see that kind of stuff nowadays.

That movie inspired actual criminals to do the same exact poo poo in real life and it went even worse for the cops. And there were only two of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

“The SWAT team also commandeered an armored car to evacuate the wounded. Several officers additionally equipped themselves with AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer.” I loled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Miami Vice gets so campy at times I have trouble believing it wasn’t intentional.

Weird movie, but it’s not the worst.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Was that lingering shot of Yero seething with jealousy as a teardrop rolls down his cheek intended to be so hilariously melodramatic? The movie has a few moments like that, that I started to think Mann was intentionally leaning into camp.