Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every character from every Michael Mann film comes in with everything for a HUGE party*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Cactus Ghost posted:

to live and die in la has a really weird few shots at the end. chase's truck pulling up and parking somewhere, then after the credits there's a like jump-scare sound hit with a close-up of chase's face. what was up with those

I, too, have always been puzzled by the meaning of the last shot in this film. Can the thread help?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

MrMojok posted:

Vukovich has basically become Chance, at the end.

The end of the film is him pulling up at Ruthie’s place in Chance’s truck, and knocking on the door to tell her she’s now working as an informant for him, and she isn’t going to be leaving town like she planned.

That last shot is Ruthie looking at Vukovich but seeing Chance, and realizing her nightmare isn’t over.

A bit ham-handed, but probably better than the other ending they shot, where Chance is alive and the two of them have been banished by the Secret Service to some place in Alaska.

Great, thanks!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Sometimes people ask me if there are any obvious signs that Miami Vice was made in the 1980s, so I say "Have you ever seen the episode where Edward James Olmos takes out a KGB hitsquad with a katana, to fulfil the bushido code he learned while on assignment in Thailand(!?)"

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Yeah, Olmos is great: in an era when every cop's boss was this angry shouty guy, he decided to do everything with this quiet intensity.