Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

hey homie. is that my briefcase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

when i was a kid i just assumed nash bridges was a spinoff of miami vice and it's still my headcanon

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Earwicker posted:

when is the last time someone made a crime thriller as good as Heat or Collateral?

most recent one i watched was The Drop with Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, and James Gandolfini. it was enjoyable but also a very small scale movie, no big set piece action scenes or anything. and also its from like 2014

Shumagorath posted:

The Town comes close, but it explicitly admits what it’s imitating and John Hamm’s character kinda drags it down. It was the first movie I saw in UltraAVX and the sound mix was excellent, down to having the right report and echo for different firearms.

i liked the town but i'm not fussy about movies. Hell Or High Water. No Country For Old Men. Seasons 1-3 of Fargo. Season 2 of True Detective (fight me)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i'm not fussy about movies, i just like (some of the best movies and tv shows ever made)

except s2 of td lol that sucked rear end

the question was if anyone had made as good of a crime thriller as heat or collateral and i listed some stuff i like as much as those

as for why i didnt list s1 its cause i haven't seen it. i dont doubt its good, i just never made it past e1 in multiple tries because cohle's monologues consistently trigger my depression lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

naem posted:

he uses a different ID and credit card every time he buys something and a different passport every flight, six or 8 in the movie?

and his storage unit is chock full of them in plastic baggies. that’s hundreds of thousands of dollars?

it’s a lot and he had access to it all after his manager tried to kill him is he must arrange them himself

i think they're just props

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

has anyone read the comic that The Killer is based on? was that where the weird movement came from?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Turpitude posted:

everything about it is very stupid

it's the kind of stupid that John Wick is imo. the teeming underground economy of professional murderers

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

thathonkey posted:

i think ferraris are cool but i could hardly give a poo poo less about the story and history behind the company. however, due to my tremendous amount of respect for michael mann (he's among my top directors easily) i will be seeing it in theaters probably

honestly the most interesting part about enzo was his ability to royally piss people off and push them to incredible feats of automotive engineering just to show him up. one of these instances was covered in the movie Ford vs Ferrari, but my favorite was the one that turned a tractor company into a sports car company. as legend goes, Lamborghini tried to ask him some questions about some parts commonality between Lambo's tractors and Enzo's cars, and enzo basically blew him off with a "just be glad you're blessed enough to drive the greatest cars on earth" (with the "you inbred hillbilly new-money cousinfuck" being implied by tone). lambo was so pissed he said i'll show that snobby gently caress and started tooling up a corner of his tractor factory to build sports cars

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

part of miami vice's impact when new was the fact that it was really early on in the Gritty Remake trend. now that a bunch of others have done it (and in some cases, better, like Dark Knight) a lot of what seemed intense and hot about it seems more trite, and really through no fault of its own

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

what about crocket turning away from romantic love to show up for brotherly love, hows that slot into yalls buncha ten cent words

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i was talking about the movie

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been going through several of the movies mentioned ITT and so far the best is Collateral :hai:

I never watched it in the past because I mixed it up with the scharzenegger movie Collateral Damage and thought I had already seen it

is that the one where he's a 9/11 hero firefighter

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i mean, heat is too. it's just more successful at it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mann on man

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if you just view them from 2 onward as Tom Cruise Has Fun Doing His Own Stunts Pt 1-6 they're ok but yeah the parts with the talking and crap that they use to set up those parts are a bit of a slog

you can get 90% of the experience watching clips on youtube

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

ferrari seems to be getting a collective "yeah, ok" from critics and audiences. 3/4 of critic reviews on rotten tomatos are positive. 36 million worldwide theatrical rake makes it a financial bomb but idk what they expected spending a hundred million on a biopic about a famously wooden and uncharismatic italian businessman who made niche products for nerdy men

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Heater

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

2Heat2Hot

e: gently caress

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i just watched the killer and yeah that was pretty dope. i like how he seems to have come to terms with his age and the need for retirement, what with the monologues about his rules as he's breaking them, the monologues getting interrupted by blows to the head, and the final monologue where he refers to himself as "one of the many". neat stuff

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

I dunno op, I just watched this for the first time after seeung the hype and thought it was average to slightly lame. Seems like pretty much a bog standard cops and robbers story with some thinly developed love stories thrown in. Felt very 90s, but not in a good way :shrug:

what's your recommendation for an above average to slightly awesome , unusual cops and robbers story with some richly developed love stories, that feels very fresh, in a good way

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

inside man and hell or high water are both pretty dope

the place beyond the pines is almost like binging a three-episode anthology miniseries, it has such sharp divides between acts, but its a good watch as long as you dont mind some ennui and some meditations on fatherhood and generational trauma

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Aliensandwich posted:

Genuinely has some of the best gun sounds in cinema next to Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.

it does, but also holy poo poo is that an embarassing thing to state out loud in mixed company. hey ladies, dating me ups your risk of getting murdered! wanna come over and hold my guns while i jack off and cry

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Did you actually watch the movie, or did you just have it on in the background while washing dishes or something

Lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

deniro and kilmer are white

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

that was a good movie. didnt know daphne moon had that checkered of a past!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

to live and die in la has a really weird few shots at the end. chase's truck pulling up and parking somewhere, then after the credits there's a like jump-scare sound hit with a close-up of chase's face. what was up with those

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

MrMojok posted:

Vukovich has basically become Chance, at the end.

The end of the film is him pulling up at Ruthie’s place in Chance’s truck, and knocking on the door to tell her she’s now working as an informant for him, and she isn’t going to be leaving town like she planned.

That last shot is Ruthie looking at Vukovich but seeing Chance, and realizing her nightmare isn’t over.

A bit ham-handed, but probably better than the other ending they shot, where Chance is alive and the two of them have been banished by the Secret Service to some place in Alaska.

right, but why put the shot of him pulling up as the last shot

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

just rewatched baby driver. god drat thats a good rear end heist movie

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

tombstone is the best depiction of doc holliday hands down. kilmer absolutely friggin nailed his personality, humor, and worldview so goddamn well. nobody's ever going to top it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

theres a val kilmer copypasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

He definitely knows what it's like to be a dude spitting pieces of food out of his full mouth while eating an item he hasn't paid for while arguing with a grocery store cashier about prices, that's for sure

is that morrison or moses