Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I remember being all, "wowe the sound quality is amazing!!!!" But now I'm like I don't want to listen to guns making noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Lmao.... Isolation? Please SMG enlighten us.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I'm just saying this is no castaway

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

CannonFodder posted:

Interesting thing about the audio during that gunfight: During filming there were microphones all around the area getting the noises of the blanks being fired so that in Post they could time the foley gunshot sounds with the visual flashes of the blanks being fired. Michael Mann listened to the foley work and said "This sounds nothing like how it was on set. It sounds artificial" so then they just used the sounds of the blanks from the original footage.

See the thing is when they filmed it, all of the roads around downtown LA were cut off from regular traffic so it was relatively quiet, and the reports of the blanks echoed in that concrete canyon in a very ominous way. Mann heard the original while filming, and then heard the foley and was "no, that's not as visceral as it was IRL. Keep the original audio"

It was the same thing for the movie "Open Range", except it was the reverberation off the cow poo poo and spittoon can that set it apart

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Well 31% of Americans have never fired any type of gun said some poll I just looked up

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Takes 10,000 hours to become a master

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Whoa, I know gun-fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I didn't make it past the first boat scene of Miami vice because I couldn't see anything and it was so grainy