Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Just watched part 1 of the Miami Vice pilot on Tubi.

Funny that Crockett’s ex lays it all out in the first half hour.

“…in a lot of ways you and your vice cop buddies are just the flip side of the same coin from these dealers you’re always masquerading around with.

You’re all players, Sonny. You get high on the action.”

And lol at Mann’s Saved By The Bell rear end logo:

https://youtu.be/fkLb03jEU9Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Poohs Packin posted:

Watching Miami Vice original series and its all vibes. Great synthy music, killer fashion, really well shot. Big mood.

I was on a streak for awhile and lost momentum in the third season.

Was fun to spot the weird cameo combos in every other episode. Steve Buscemi and Willie Nelson, Gene Simmons and Luis Guzman, Phil Collins and Emo Phillips, Liam Neeson and Jeff Fahey, etc.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

Sometimes people ask me if there are any obvious signs that Miami Vice was made in the 1980s, so I say "Have you ever seen the episode where Edward James Olmos takes out a KGB hitsquad with a katana, to fulfil the bushido code he learned while on assignment in Thailand(!?)"

I was trying not to spoil that but yeah, poo poo gets wild whenever you learn more about his character, who starts off just intensely glaring at everyone no matter the context.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Buce posted:

has anyone said kiss kiss bang bang was good as hell itt yet?

I don’t know, but it is. Funny how Shane Black made basically the same movie again but called it The Nice Guys.