Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Raluek posted:

onenote at work tho

Same :(

Onenote 2016/2019 + nextcloud for storage. They're trying really hard to kill this version and I just can't come around to associating it with an MS account

I'm also trying hard to switch to linux but this app is one of the only holdouts. Can't run it in wine and none of the alternatives really ticks the boxes I need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Tankakern posted:

how long since you last tested it with wine?

a while, but winedb says it has never been installable up to version 7.01

if you know of a way, I'm all ears

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Tankakern posted:

winedb is not really kept up to date that well, worth trying some wine 8 release to see if it has come further. didn't see much about onedrive in the bugzilla

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/microsoft-office-2016?msg=204472

digging a little deeper, it seems onenote 2016 may now install and run, with the caveat that onedrive and sharepoint don't work (fine with me). I'll give it another shot some time.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Onenote 2016 still not even installable on wine 8.2 on arch :(