Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Lockback posted:

Early odds for 2024 championship

pre:
Full opening 2024 NBA title odds, via BetMGM

Nuggets: +500
Celtics: +550
Bucks: +600
Suns: +850
Mavericks/Warriors/Lakers: +1200
Clippers/76ers: +1400
Grizzlies/Heat: +2000
Cavaliers: +2500
Kings: +3000
Pelicans: +3500
Knicks: +4000
Timberwolves/Hawks/Thunder: +6600
Raptors: +8000
Nets/Rockets/Trail Blazers: +10000
Bulls: +12500
Jazz/Magic/Wizards/Pacers: +15000
Spurs: +20000
Hornets/Pistons: +50000
Heat getting no love despite JUST playing in the Finals.

This makes it sound like they are screwed cap wise https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10079052-rival-nba-execs-expect-miami-heat-to-trim-payroll-this-offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

Mavs and Lakers both look like typical Vegas odds for fanbases with too much money

Lakers were just in the WCF so that at least makes sense. There's 2 teams ahead of them and 2 other teams with the same odds.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The Mavericks when contrasted with the Kings is loving crazy. Is there an esoteric way to leverage specifically that in some kind of gamble?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love this man

https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1668673606921125888

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Great Joker Nikola

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lockback posted:

Early odds for 2024 championship

pre:
Full opening 2024 NBA title odds, via BetMGM

Nuggets: +500
Celtics: +550
Bucks: +600
Suns: +850
Mavericks/Warriors/Lakers: +1200
Clippers/76ers: +1400
Grizzlies/Heat: +2000
Cavaliers: +2500
Kings: +3000
Pelicans: +3500
Knicks: +4000
Timberwolves/Hawks/Thunder: +6600
Raptors: +8000
Nets/Rockets/Trail Blazers: +10000
Bulls: +12500
Jazz/Magic/Wizards/Pacers: +15000
Spurs: +20000
Hornets/Pistons: +50000
Heat getting no love despite JUST playing in the Finals.

Buy the Kings, sell the Mavs.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Buy the Kings, sell the Mavs.

I am definitely putting some money on the Mavs under win total next season.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
You guys are gonna be totally surprised when the Mavs trade Davis Bertans for Giannis

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
One interesting element was just how drat HEALTHY the Nuggets were this season. I mean they've had bad injury luck in previous years but this season they seemed rock solid.

So jealous! There's a bunch of potentially great teams in the NBA but they just can't stay healthy. Must be awesome to see your full team play together through an entire season and playoff run.

Athanos
Sep 19, 2006
Hope someone makes a version of his mvp speech where it cuts to the taco Tuesday ad instead of him getting the award or talking.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I remember when he promised to enter the dunk contest and lied. You're no goat if you don't care about cool dunks.

Same.

i am a moron posted:

The mavs are loving dogshit
As long as they don’t lose Kyrie (lol), things should be good next season.

I don’t think they will land the much need defensive big man though.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Red Rox posted:

One interesting element was just how drat HEALTHY the Nuggets were this season. I mean they've had bad injury luck in previous years but this season they seemed rock solid.

So jealous! There's a bunch of potentially great teams in the NBA but they just can't stay healthy. Must be awesome to see your full team play together through an entire season and playoff run.

Murray injury timing was so bad they deserved some luck

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would comfortably predict the Mavs being a playoff team if Kyrie was not on the team. As it is, I don't know. He's a a ceiling raiser but a floor lower.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Rockets' odds aren't good, but how the hell are they above 8 other teams? Does Vegas know something about an impending star signing or are they just trying to suppress Mattress Mack's action?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Rockets' odds aren't good, but how the hell are they above 8 other teams? Does Vegas know something about an impending star signing or are they just trying to suppress Mattress Mack's action?

James Harden I’m guessing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

morestuff posted:

James Harden I’m guessing

dont forget jaylen brown

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I will also be on the Rockets

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

I would comfortably predict the Mavs being a playoff team if Kyrie was not on the team. As it is, I don't know. He's a a ceiling raiser but a floor lower.

I refuse to believe Kyrie getting minutes makes the team worse.

The real x factor for next season’s Mavs is Hardy. When he finally started to get decent minutes he was one of the better (top 5-10) rookies.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Spacebump posted:

I refuse to believe Kyrie getting minutes makes the team worse.

The real x factor for next season’s Mavs is Hardy. When he finally started to get decent minutes he was one of the better (top 5-10) rookies.

I don't think that the Kyrie minutes are what makes the team worse, it's the inconsistent availability and the opportunity cost of his contract vs. potentially less talented but more reliable players. So yeah, he increases the volatility of the team while raising their expected average wins.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Kyrie is a dickhead. I still love him for 2016 and his handles are insane but you straight up don’t want him on your teams roster at this point.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I don't think that the Kyrie minutes are what makes the team worse, it's the inconsistent availability and the opportunity cost of his contract vs. potentially less talented but more reliable players. So yeah, he increases the volatility of the team while raising their expected average wins.

Yeah exactly, there's no problem with Kyrie when he's there, it's the fact you don't know when he's gonna be there that causes problems.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The comedy option is Kyrie is going to resign with the Mavs and then changes his mind like a week or so into free agency. Leaving them with no options.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1666585239341215746
What is the Lillard Heat trade going to look like?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

I read him throwing Jamal into the pool as celebrating Jamal after all he’s been through

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1668474937751814145?s=20

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

i am a moron posted:

Kyrie is a dickhead. I still love him for 2016 and his handles are insane but you straight up don’t want him on your teams roster at this point.

It’s about price everything is about price.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1668767397560602624?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1666585239341215746
What is the Lillard Heat trade going to look like?

Herro + Martin + OlaRIPo + Jovic + multiple firsts and the blazers still say no

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Jfc this poor guy, his previous wife died in a car accident in 2016.

Edit: and now he has to coach the pistons!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

JackBandit posted:

Jfc this poor guy, his previous wife died in a car accident in 2016.

Edit: and now he has to coach the pistons!

all that pistons cash will help soothe him

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's offseason. I made an Offseason N/V thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034239

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

pentyne posted:

Is Jokic any worse then Larry Bird? Bird had to be dragged into engaging with the crowds/media and spent the entire off season in his home town playing on a outdoor court next to his mother's house in a town of 300 people.

French Lick's actually a resort town, you can hang out at the sulfur springs and do a bunch of poo poo. Not saying Bird did any of that though, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..