Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Stagger_Lee posted:

Jaylen Brown has very high scoring usage while doing literally everything at about league average efficiency. I don't really know where there's a lot of value from that that advanced stats are missing.

So he's Kobe, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

predicto posted:

I will not stand for this Kevon Looney erasure.

He plays 20 minutes a game but grabbed more offensive rebounds than anyone in the league this year. He sets great screens, and is one of the best big men at switching and sticking with guards on the perimeter and not falling for pump fakes.

Most people don't know that he was Lebron-lite in high school, a 6'9" point forward with handles who dished 7 assists a game, before he went to UCLA and they broke his body into little pieces. He has salvaged an NBA career by totally remaking his game within his new physical limitations.

More importantly, he is a beautiful human being, one of the least arrogant, most likeable players in the entire league. Even people who loathe the Warriors like Kevon Looney.

fart simpson posted:

i like kevon looney just fine but who would you honestly build a team around? him or giannis?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

predicto posted:

So he's Kobe, basically.

Thats actually Anthony Edwards, but yeah. I wouldn't consider the Celtics offense to be wide open, so guys who can produce in those situations have real value.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, I get that there's value in eating up the possessions, and I do think that Jaylen Brown's a very good player. I'm just not sure I'd place him clearly above all of Boston's other very good players. And I'm actually not sure they wouldn't be even a little stronger if his usage went down a little bit.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here are the t op 3 teams that i want to win the nba finals. Kings. Thunder. Cavaliers

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
i was never on rudy gobert island but i did feel like people were rough on him
no more, you try to go for slo mo you're asking for the hatred of ymca nation, rudy "poobert"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Advanced stats nowadays, like LEBRON actually sort players into archetypes rather than traditional basketball positions to weight its ratings.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645479035990835220?t=TubNJEjp8eZicTUMIDBAwQ&s=19

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lmfao

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
A player so defensively gifted that he shut himself down

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

they can't right

there's no way they actually try to move him

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Just when I thought the Irving trade may have taken the 'worst trade of the year' title, Rudy surges back

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Thank you Wolves for Wolves-ing. Hopefully that gives the Lakers a chance to win tomorrow and get a tiny bit of rest before playoffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645483372326658055?s=20

Dying at how this tweet is written

the Timberwolves understood that Kyle Anderson called him a bitch repeatedly, lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I was told things were fine actually

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Suspend Kyle for emotional damage

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645483372326658055?s=20

Dying at how this tweet is written

the Timberwolves understood that Kyle Anderson called him a bitch repeatedly, lmao

This is the funniest tweet I've ever read.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The use of the word "repeatedly" in that Woj tweet deserves a Pulitzer

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Can you make understood calling Golbert a bitch the thread title

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

big opportunity for Shams to sweep in and tell us what led to Kyle Anderson repeatedly calling Gobert a "bitch."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the timberwolves understood that anderson called gobert a "bitch" repeatedly

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

Can you make understood calling Golbert a bitch the thread title

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

I'll admit it, my biggest prediction whiff of the season was thinking the Gobert trade would be amazing for the Wolves. KAT being out for so long certainly hasn't helped things, but he (Gobert) doesn't seem to be raising their defense nearly as much as I assumed he would.

It has produced tremendous content though, so who's to say whether it was really good or bad

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Called Gobert a “bitch” repeatedly lmfao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

before the cavs traded for mitchell i thought gobert was the better player

as usual, i am an idiot. outside of 'please get evan mobley' i've been wrong on more or less every cav and couldn't be happier about that fact

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I am primarily a Clippers fan and I firmly believe the Minnesota Timberwolves are the most cursed franchise in professional sports.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Donno had a very bad year before that trade so thinking that isn't that stupid but yeah Donno is all the good everyone thought he could be in Cleveland with much fewer of the bad habits we saw at the end of Utah.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Rudy is a super secret NBA sleeper agent used to help keep the Lakers and LeBron in the playoffs. Covid was a red herring.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not counting pick swaps, but pure picks, Gobert seems kind of funny in the context of this list I hastily looked up and put together

Players Traded for Multiple 1st Rounders

Two First Rounders
James Harden (BKN to PHI)
James Harden (OKC to HOU)
Malcolm Brogdon (MIL to IND)
Tobias Harris (LAC to PHI)
Russell Westbrook (OKC to HOU)

Three First Rounders
Anthony Davis (NO to LAL)
James Harden (HOU to BKN)
Jrue Holiday (NO to MIL)
Donovan Mitchell (UTA to CLE)

Four First Rounders
Rudy Gobert (UTA to MIN)
Kevin Durant (BKN to PHX)

Five First Rounders
Paul George (OKC to LAC)

(Also I just wanted to list James Harden multiple times)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Team sources report Kyle Anderson called Rudy Gobert a bitch for every first round pick he cost the team

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

de curry GOAT posted:

Called Gobert a “bitch” repeatedly lmfao

I can't stop laughing at the whole thing. There are so many layers.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

BWV posted:

This is the funniest tweet I've ever read.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Send Gobert to the Mavs, let's just maximize the disaster

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Send Gobert to the Mavs, let's just maximize the disaster
He'd make sense on there, tho

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Tupac: Unda stood they called ya bitch

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

predicto posted:

So he's Kobe, basically.

Kobe gets a lot of poo poo here because he has a lot of extremely annoying fans that make ridiculous claims like he's easily better than LeBron or equal to Jordan, but he was pretty much a perfect guard for 2000s basketball. When you compare him to other guards that got a lot of hype from that time frame like AI, T-Mac, or Vince, you can see why one might view Kobe has head and shoulders above. There is definitely something to be said for his consistency over a high volume of minutes year after year, even if his efficiency isn't impressive by modern standards. Volume scoring was a highly-valued trait back then, and he was the best at it. I have no doubt that if Kobe started playing in the last 5 years, he would've learned to shoot 3s better, driven more, been more selective with his mid-range, and still be a top 5 player.

As for Jaylen Brown, I had him as my most overrated in the preseason poll but after watching him play more this year, I was definitely in the wrong. I actually think he could have a James Harden like career arc if he went to a team where he was the clear #1.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
@MagicJohnson: Kyle Anderson had 8 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal and 2 blocks in a must win victory against the Pelicans. Cookie and I understand he called Gobert a “bitch” repeatedly.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Maybe if Rudy didn’t want to be called a “bitch” repeatedly he should not have been a “bitch” repeatedly

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Let's go Nets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Bitch not lest ye be bitched