Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oh wow you mean he lied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

look, if you want to make a "get to Mars NAO! lol :shibe:" omelet you gotta break a few eggs

i trust his vision

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

short Tesla at your own peril. by Friday Elon will be unveiling his new "teleporter" and do a live demo (of how it will look when it works) with a pair of identical twins

I hope they invite the dancing robot back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I bet Electrek’s source about the cancellation is from some disgruntled employee who was just laid off trying to hurt Tesla and more personally, Elon.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I can't believe Tesla would go behind his back like that

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

a.lo posted:

I already preordered the 25k car. Don’t lie.

What you planing a Death Race 2000 25'000?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

trying to imagine a car built even more cheaply than a model 3

no windshield, mismatched found wheels, BYO vape cells?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

buy BYD Seagull car for $9,700 retail, pry off BYD badge, install tesla one. put tesla software on it, charge $25k, there you go.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

buy BYD Seagull car for $9,700 retail, pry off BYD badge, install tesla one. put tesla software on it, charge $25k, there you go.

trying to put Tesla Software on anything other than a Tesla and it immediately begins sputtering like Speed Buggy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

trying to put Tesla Software on anything other than a Tesla and it immediately begins sputtering like Speed Buggy

full self destruct (assisted)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://i.imgur.com/AwSZMdY.mp4

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1780175669655187786

Advertisers, please come back

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It's called freedom of speech, not freedom of reach, idiot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mad?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shyduck posted:

oh wow you mean he lied

Elon doesn't lie, he tells his own truth

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm going to list a few names, and bonus points to anyone who can find the commonality between these outlets:

Thompson-Reuters
Business Insider
Elektrek
Wall St. Journal
InsideEVs
Investors business daily

They have all published bearish Tesla hit pieces in the past week...a bit too coordinated to be just mere coincidence if you ask me.

Not to bury the lede, but it's severely freaking obvious that there's a massive push by market insiders to drive down the price of Tesla shares by publishing one lie filled hit piece after the other

The market insiders know that full self driving 12.x is a game changing technology, and that selling it at 99 per month is a stroke of genius.

So they push lies to convince Joe and Jane six pack to panic sell, frantically doing everything they can to build up their own position before the stock takes off and creates several brand new industries (e.g. robotaxis, energy storage) in the process.

Shareholders with diamond hands will be rewarded eventually when the dust settles and the truth is revealed. All we need to do to stay strong is tune out the negativity.

I think you're on to something, these "hit pieces" seemed to be signaled by teslas recent earrings report. Whoever is behind that report must be to blame.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I think we will look back at this period and the adoption of autonomous driving will seem instantaneous. Much like the mass adoption of the cell phone or the Internet, but even faster.

Why? Paradigm shifts in technology follow an S curve and we are at the early stages for autonomous driving where progress is slow. But this is followed by the exponential growth stage. S curves happen faster over time (it took hundreds of years for the wheel or fire or stone tools to become adopted, only a few years for the printing press, very few years for cell phones).

It's hard to know exactly when. But having turned a corner with v12 I think we are getting closer to the exponential phase. Is this blind optimism? This has been the case for every human created information technology. The future is EV, robots, Autonomy so you can decide for yourself.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

(it took hundreds of years for the wheel or fire or stone tools to become adopted, only a few years for the printing press, very few years for cell phones).

disagree, i bet when people first saw fire it caught on like uh uhhhh something that catches on fast

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I'm going to list a few names, and bonus points to anyone who can find the commonality between these outlets:

Thompson-Reuters
Business Insider
Elektrek
Wall St. Journal
InsideEVs
Investors business daily

They have all published bearish Tesla hit pieces in the past week...a bit too coordinated to be just mere coincidence if you ask me.

Not to bury the lede, but it's severely freaking obvious that there's a massive push by market insiders to drive down the price of Tesla shares by publishing one lie filled hit piece after the other

The market insiders know that full self driving 12.x is a game changing technology, and that selling it at 99 per month is a stroke of genius.

So they push lies to convince Joe and Jane six pack to panic sell, frantically doing everything they can to build up their own position before the stock takes off and creates several brand new industries (e.g. robotaxis, energy storage) in the process.

Shareholders with diamond hands will be rewarded eventually when the dust settles and the truth is revealed. All we need to do to stay strong is tune out the negativity.

I think you're on to something, these "hit pieces" seemed to be signaled by teslas recent earrings report. Whoever is behind that report must be to blame.

So few understand this

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Thompson-Reuters
Business Insider
Elektrek
Wall St. Journal
InsideEVs
Investors business daily

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just remembered that Tesla sold 1000 preorders for the founders series roadster at $250,000 each back in 2021 and has since done nothing other than delay the estimated delivery date.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Elon deserves a 50 billion dollar salary and I hope cutting all the woke employees made that possible.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

CubanMissile posted:

Elon deserves a 50 billion dollar salary and I hope cutting all the woke employees made that possible.

Obviously yes he does and then some but even if those 14k workers were making an average of 80k a year (unlikely) that's still only 1.12B.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Thompson-Reuters
Business Insider
Elektrek
Wall St. Journal
InsideEVs
Investors business daily

You have said the actual truth

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

doesn't firing a bunch of employees usually send the stock price soaring?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rauros posted:

doesn't firing a bunch of employees usually send the stock price soaring?

Yes - When that firing is communicated as part of cost reduction goal to drive profitability and the areas are redundant and won’t impact sales/delivery at all.

When the firing is scrambling to cut costs because sales and operational metrics are falling off a cliff… no.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
This has been the case for every human created information technology.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

Just remembered that Tesla sold 1000 preorders for the founders series roadster at $250,000 each back in 2021 and has since done nothing other than delay the estimated delivery date.

Genius innovation and excellence takes time, duh!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It's called freedom of reich, not freedom of reach, dumkopf.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Name everything Founder because it goes straight to the brain stem of the target demographic (guys who totally would be a billionaire if they'd gotten seed money in 2014)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://x.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1649821116490186753

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

always is

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
badass

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I do, I'll have to give him a call

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

dope

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cool car, John but why isn’t it a Tesla

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

thinking about kissing Elon Musk cause he's my personal hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1780368652451365100