Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Remember when elon went on his israel tour to show everyone how he's definitely not a nazi? it was epic

he wore some dead IDF war criminal's dog tags and a leather bomber for a week after. this was all amongst the more ftw things hes ever done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/GotgotaoLi81850/status/1781191475042165247?t=hYMPOEw424ceEjY_82HF7A&s=19

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

So the Cybertruck pedal sticking issue was because the factory workers put soap on the loving pedal piece to fit the cover on and it made it slip around.

The fix is to install a pop rivet on the bottom (probably from Home Depot)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V276-7026.PDF

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ligaya’s right.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Animal Teams

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Animal Teams

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

nuke the moon

it doesn’t stand a fuckin chance

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/ceceliaism/status/1781307456724840676?s=46&t=A16sW12emsJJxXTfyV0WUA

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/StonkKing4/status/1781056632748957815?t=_PvNk6QI_nvAowHfydT5OA&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Stonk King

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

recall

https://x.com/phil_lewis_/status/1781294777830432868

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No recall. We die like men.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I hope mine can be done over the air

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

There is nothing temporary about a rivet

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I think I could've easily guessed what the art would look like. It looks like all the other artists body of work

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The cybertruck is already getting a “refresh” while nothing is going on with the model y 😂😂

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rynn posted:

So the Cybertruck pedal sticking issue was because the factory workers put soap on the loving pedal piece to fit the cover on and it made it slip around.

The fix is to install a pop rivet on the bottom (probably from Home Depot)

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V276-7026.PDF

accelerator pedal on 1000hp, 7000lb piece of poo poo locks at 100 == the performance and operation of the pedal will be affected, which may increase the risk of a collision.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they've only sold 3,800? i thought everyone itt put in orders

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:yooge: also we can send this this over your territory to drop glide vehicles like a pez dispenser

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

they've only sold 3,800? i thought everyone itt put in orders

Reportedly 2 million pre-orders. So unless that's a faked number being reported than there has been so few deliveries because teslas having a bunch of problems making them. Which sounds about right.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

elon musk could bankroll all of the incredible new telescopes NASA wishes they could get to replace the 30+ year old trash currently in space for just a couple billion dollars.

the NRO already gave NASA a pair of telescopes that are better than Hubble because they were out of date and no longer needed. NASA hasn't launched them yet but will in the next couple years

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I'm up to date on my shots, no worries.

do you have your passport? would you like to come to America?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

:eyepop:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

LMAO

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I assumed a mobile repair vehicle would come out and see me. He stated that I would more likely have to drive three hours to KC to have the issue remedied. To be honest that blew my mind a bit. What would happen the repair took longer than a day? How would I get home? He said something about a 100 dollar Uber credit, but then demurred quickly... I told him the worst part about this was I had just told people at St. Jude that I would be bring a cyber truck for the kids to get their pictures in.... He suggested I buy a used Toyota Corolla and tape cardboard to it at weird angles... He was trying to be funny and at this point it is a laugh or cry situation.... Still.... So sad...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pre orders only cost $100 so yeah the number is very large but no one is gonna follow through

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

dr_rat posted:

Reportedly 2 million pre-orders. So unless that's a faked number being reported than there has been so few deliveries because teslas having a bunch of problems making them. Which sounds about right.

There’s pictures of hundreds of them in a parking lot. They’re not having a problem churning them out but there is a demand problem

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon musk and tesla have helped us identify the 3800 stupidest dumbasses in the usa

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the milk machine posted:

elon musk and tesla have helped us identify the 3800 stupidest dumbasses in the usa

active users on cspam?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rynn posted:

There’s pictures of hundreds of them in a parking lot. They’re not having a problem churning them out but there is a demand problem

It's too polarizing, impractical, and expensive and if you buy one you risk being called a Musk cultist by your woke friends.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I was having a few glitchy issues and decided to use the 2 scroll wheels to reboot the screen. It stayed black and wouldn't come back up.
Tesla roadside was not able to help, they just wanted to tow me to the nearest service center.
The truck was 100% functional, but no screen. I had to use the mirror controls to get it in Drive and drive it home with no screen controls.
I let it sit overnight on the charger. And everything worked perfectly in the morning.

---

Cybertruck tailgate misaligned causing water to leak into truck bed

The left side has a small gap which causes the water to run down.
It's not CRAZY bad but it does cause water to leak into the truck bed which is where my fridge and outlets are.

What do you guys think? They said in order to fix it they would have to take it to a body shop and who knows if it even gets fixed correctly.

----

Service said they won't fix it so oh well!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

titty_baby_ posted:

active users on cspam?

simple as

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

titty_baby_ posted:

active users on cspam?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

unbreakable is one of the only movies where I walked out of the theater halfway through

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Spergin Morlock posted:

unbreakable is one of the only movies where I walked out of the theater halfway through

The message of the movie is that there is someone opposite to you who stayed in the theater until halfway through the next showing

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Rynn posted:

I wonder if that’s a Quality Hold parking lot. Those might be the Cybertrucks that have something so obviously wrong with them that they can’t roll them off the line. They probably have like two Quality Engineers asking for replacement parts that aren’t being made. Elon likely occasionally stomps through and rips up all the non conformance paperwork and demands that they move them along. “Airbag test failed? Waiting 4 weeks for replacement airbag? The customer can’t even see it. Ship it.”

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

someone really wants tsla to stay above 150

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1781310971761349050

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

They're right.

No other automaker in the history of cars has ever been successfully able to prosecute a recall. Elon remains FTW

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Arf is that you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Arf doesn't hide behind a pseudonym