Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Just a Moron posted:

I bet there's an Elon anime out there somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

shat out of an emerald mine his placental sac the blood of workers, raised by white south africans to be the avatar of hypercapitalism, so afraid of his own death he's decided that uploading himself into a speak and spell is the better option, it's elon "at least a dozen children" musk!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Just a Moron posted:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

i like that the stainless steel is already stained on the prototype

Also demoing how it won't fit in a parking space.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Lmao

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Once you read elon musk was a pathetic lonely child who had zero friends at school and got pushed down the stairs after insulting a classmate and his dad was like "yeah, that's what happens u bitch", it all starts to make sense.

That's the defining moment in his life.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

ppace
holder

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Elonime ! !

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I noticed that there seems to be some confusion in this thread about the topic of discussion. I just wanted to clarify that this thread is actually about Elon Musk, and not Harry Bolz.

While both individuals are certainly interesting in their own right, the purpose of this forum is to share thoughts and opinions about Elon Musk, his companies, and his impact on the world.

So, if you have any thoughts or insights to share about Elon Musk, please feel free to contribute to the discussion. Let's keep the focus on the topic at hand and continue to explore the many facets of this fascinating entrepreneur.

There is no definitive answer to why Elon Musk might want to use that as a pseudonym on Twitter, but some possible reasons are:
  • He might want to have some fun or make a joke with his followers.
  • He might want to create some mystery or intrigue about his upcoming projects or collaborations.
  • He might want to prank people.
  • He might want to pay homage to a crypto pioneer or a Bitcoin creator who also used pseudonyms.

In any case, Elon Musk has not given any official explanation for his name change or his tweet about impersonation, so we can only speculate about his motives.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
im harry bollz

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Who is Harry Bolz?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just a Moron posted:

Who is Harry Bolz?
Titter CEO

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Just a Moron posted:

Who is Harry Bolz?

turn off your monitor

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Isn’t he speaking at a big advertisers event where a bunch of ceos were criticizing him for being erratic and immature

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Just a Moron posted:

Who is Harry Bolz?

HiroProtagonist posted:

im harry bollz

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Harry Bōlz is another name for Elon Musk, at least on Twitter. He changed his Twitter name to Harry Bōlz on April 10, 2023, without giving any explanation or reason for it. Some people think it might be a joke, a prank, a pun, or a reference to something, but no one knows for sure what it means or why he did it. It is one of his many puzzling and perplexing moves on social media that often leave his fans and followers scratching their heads.

I don’t know what Harry Bōlz means. It could be a random name that Elon Musk chose for no particular reason. It could be a play on words that sounds like something else. It could be a reference to a person, a character, a project, or a concept that he is interested in or involved with. It could be a code or a signal that he is trying to communicate something to someone. It could be anything or nothing at all.

I think it might sound like something else, depending on how you pronounce it or spell it. For example, it might sound like “hairy balls” or “harry balls”, which could be a crude or vulgar joke. It might also sound like “haribo”, which is a brand of gummy candies, or “hariboos”, which is a vulgar term for breasts. It might also sound like “haribol”, which is a Hindu greeting meaning “glory to God”. It might also sound like something else that I don’t know.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
elon musk is funny and everyone in this thread is jealous of that fact maybe some of you should try running multiple billion dollar companies before you start criticizing him

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah funny looking

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Isn’t he speaking at a big advertisers event where a bunch of ceos were criticizing him for being erratic and immature
Two of them pretty much called him a racist lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a.lo posted:

yeah funny looking

got him

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I guess this could technically be true

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
With enough amphetamines and government subsidies I could probably manage a bunch of companies at the same time too lol

Oh and also make myself a billionaire to boot hell yeah

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

That DICK! posted:

It has been 284 days since our brother forums user Waffle House was disappeared into the TRON world by Musk and his cyber-goons. And I'm the only one who gives a poo poo still, apparently.

it was funny but also sad
also it was by a nascent ai based on waffle house's posts/mmorpg behavior

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

shyduck posted:

Two of them pretty much called him a racist lmao

They’re not wrong

I’m sure changing twitter to “titter” and his name to “Harry bolz” is instilling even more confidence in the platform

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

I dont know where people get the idea that Elon would actually be on the front lines of these types of things, man's a coward.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk is funny and everyone in this thread is jealous of that fact maybe some of you should try running multiple billion dollar companies before you start criticizing him

Some possible reasons why his pranks are not funny are:
  • They are too obscure or cryptic for most people to understand or appreciate.
  • They are too childish or immature for his position and influence as a business leader and innovator.
  • They are too insensitive or irresponsible for the serious issues or topics he is involved in or commenting on.
  • They are too repetitive or predictable for his followers and the public who expect more originality and creativity from him.
In this context, his pranks are not funny because they lack wit, charm, or relevance.

I would say that he is not funny for the same reasons that his pranks are not funny, plus some more:
  • He is not funny because he often makes jokes or comments that are offensive, controversial, or misleading to some people or groups.
  • He is not funny because he sometimes uses humor as a way to avoid responsibility or accountability for his actions or words.
  • He is not funny because he rarely shows empathy or compassion for others who are suffering or struggling.
  • He is not funny because he seems to take himself too seriously or too lightly, depending on the situation.
In this context, he is not funny because he is arrogant, insensitive, dishonest, or out of touch.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

apatheticman posted:

I dont know where people get the idea that Elon would actually be on the front lines of these types of things, man's a coward.

people already did plenty of asking about whether he would fly on his own rockets, he has steadfastly declined

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god please make this happen (them on mars, not somehow moving mars so close to earth)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I'm the flat loving tires

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Beeftweeter posted:

Some possible reasons why his pranks are not funny are:
  • They are too obscure or cryptic for most people to understand or appreciate.
  • They are too childish or immature for his position and influence as a business leader and innovator.
  • They are too insensitive or irresponsible for the serious issues or topics he is involved in or commenting on.
  • They are too repetitive or predictable for his followers and the public who expect more originality and creativity from him.
In this context, his pranks are not funny because they lack wit, charm, or relevance.

I would say that he is not funny for the same reasons that his pranks are not funny, plus some more:
  • He is not funny because he often makes jokes or comments that are offensive, controversial, or misleading to some people or groups.
  • He is not funny because he sometimes uses humor as a way to avoid responsibility or accountability for his actions or words.
  • He is not funny because he rarely shows empathy or compassion for others who are suffering or struggling.
  • He is not funny because he seems to take himself too seriously or too lightly, depending on the situation.
In this context, he is not funny because he is arrogant, insensitive, dishonest, or out of touch.

While I can understand why some may feel that his pranks lack relevance or originality, I would argue that these reasons are not necessarily why his pranks are not funny.

Firstly, humor is subjective, and what one person finds funny, another may not. Therefore, it is unfair to generalize that his pranks are not funny simply because they do not appeal to everyone.

Secondly, the fact that his pranks may be obscure or cryptic can actually add to their humor for those who do understand them. It can create a sense of exclusivity or inside joke for those who are "in on it."

Furthermore, just because he is a business leader and innovator does not mean that he cannot engage in childlike humor. In fact, it can be seen as a refreshing break from the seriousness of his job.

Lastly, his repetitive or predictable pranks may actually serve as a branding tool, as it creates a consistent image for him and his company.

While I do acknowledge that some of the additional reasons listed for why he is not funny may have some merit, it is important to separate his sense of humor from his personality traits. It is possible for someone to be funny but also lack empathy or show arrogance.

Overall, I believe that the reasons given for why his pranks are not funny are not necessarily accurate or fair, and that humor is a personal preference that cannot be generalized.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
bingGPT just spat those out btw i didn't even have to call him unfunny lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 382 days!

there is alot to take in here

can you not get cybertruck wet

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I've got big bolz
I've got big bolz
They're such big bolz
And they're dirty big bolz
And he's got big bolz
And she's got big bolz
But we've got the biggest bolz of them all

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

tenderjerk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1575508498430820352

Of course you can get it wet

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

tenderjerk posted:

You can't charge it after midnight either

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Just a Moron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vVlDjVDrU

quote:

Eli Burton is the President and Founder of My Tesla Adventure, a California-based Tesla Owners Club. The club's mission is to bring together Tesla owners to embark on fun adventures, make great memories, and form lasting friendships. Eli is also a long-time space enthusiast, amateur rocket maker, SpaceX fan, and creator of an exciting new comic book series, The Adventures of Starman.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cybertrk won't even the the "best" Tesla product launched into space :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Sir Tonk posted:

I guess this could technically be true

Cybertruck is a technilol.