Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The sad thing is that Matt used to be a genuinely good writer and reporter. And I’m not just saying that because he had the best book on the 2008 collapse, he used to post things that would earn empty quotes here. He referred to Sarah Palin’s rallies as “like Gidget addressing the Reichstag” and said this in 2008:
“Here's the thing about Americans. You can send their kids off by the thousands to get their balls blown off in foreign lands for no reason at all, saddle them with billions in debt year after congressional year while they spend their winters cheerfully watching game shows and football, pull the rug out from under their mortgages, and leave them living off their credit cards and their Wal-Mart salaries while you move their jobs to China and Bangalore. And none of it matters, so long as you remember a few months before Election Day to offer them a two-bit caricature culled from some cutting-room-floor episode of Roseanne as part of your presidential ticket.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

90% of the responses to Elon, even from his paying fans, are “this doesn’t work, I’m in the queue for months, this doesn’t work”. Which makes me think he’s hired zero of the hundreds of people it will take to creators. And every Nazi he gives a buck to costs him $10,000 in Germany. lol

I don’t think anyone has made so many amazingly stupid decisions in anything ever, this is like 1999 WCW

Golden Bee has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Apr 13, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

On iOS the app is now randomly telling me I have a notification when I don’t. On desktop, it’ll flicker whenever I open a browser window.
awesome, time to start another company

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

trucutru posted:

Yes, but it should also let everybody know you're paying for them misers.

https://twitter.com/oskararnarson/status/1649191571080790016

Would love to sell a tv show, work 60 hours a week, and get told by the social media intern that I’m now sponsored by GoebbelS69.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

this is super funny. It’s not Jeremy Renner app funny but it’s getting up there.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1649895497069641728?s=46&t=QbXcxXXMAZ6KLQ3VE283gg

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

even if Elon could normally win, he’s got dozens of lawsuits pending. Even a good legal team would miss layups if they’re buried in legislation.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Weka posted:

I don't think the death of Elon Musk would make an iota of difference towards a better world and would probably in a small way aid the continued building of the panopticon and propaganda machine.

it would return competence to three+ companies. That’s a victory for human morale at least. And his kids would be happier.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

30 minutes until Twitter’s last lawyer, who survives by turning his phone off on the weekends, gets in to work.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Field Mousepad posted:

They poo poo canned the highest rated show on their network.

The time slot is the star. O’Reilly was nothing after he lost it. They want someone who can pedal the exact culture war poo poo that won’t get them sued.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

some kinda jackal posted:

I was watching that Everyday Astronaut’s stream of the rocket after the fact and he was hooting and hollering “I’M GONNA BE ON THAT!!” as it was going up. All joking aside, I have to imagine it was kind of sobering watching a preview of your own death.

The best pre-title of any show was the GLOW episode when they were hosting the local news in Vegas.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

MAPS, they don’t love you like I love you

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

In a well funded district in the mid-2000s, laptops came in a big cart. I guess it was easier than computer labs.

The computer lab taught technical things, like Photoshop and yearbook creation. The ones in the TV lab had editing software.

Golden Bee has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Apr 28, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

he created a company so powerful, that for a decade you had to put a little bluebird on your business marketing or people thought you were stupid

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

definitely going to lend my boss money when there’s a swarm of people outside the Titter building like Uncut Gems

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

1/3 of the web is WordPress lol

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

All the apes gone

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

grimes has maggie syndrome, every picture of her looks different

Personal stylist gotta get paid

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m sure this has been discussed to death but someone took the idea of Twitter lists, which exist and are useful, and replaced it with some mood based tag management and magic.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The best thing to do after being sued for racism in your factories: put your rubber stamp on every single employee

I’m sure good developers love waiting three weeks to get to the second round of interviews, software and automotive jobs are totally scarce

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

matrix is very hunger games

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Edward scissormouth

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Even if Elon was American, he would have the problem where campaigning and having people hear his voice would lower his numbers.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

His wits are dimmed!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

Otoh judging by the track record of people CSPAM hates desantis is probably gonna be president

Doesn’t Cspam hate 95% of current politicians?

Most primaries nowadays are bucket loads of losers, it’s wild how many people get in on the grift and don’t get above 2%

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

the milk machine posted:

neuralink will make it a lot easier for Elon’s employees like Matt taibbi to write the Twitter Files

Neuralink will allow Matt Taibbi to finally forget what the exile staff did at the hungry duck on girls’ night.

Golden Bee has issued a correction as of 18:37 on May 28, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

People nowadays yearn for a time when the worst thing that happens to you is a sense of disaffection and ennui with your cushy job.
Chuck Klosterman’s book the 90s is really good. He goes into the idea that selling out was a crisis of tackiness more than a rebellion against capitalism.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

44 BILLION dollars

4.8 billion/a month

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

it is fun to imagine a moron like Elon being in control of the system that controls 50% of all economic activity. lots of laughs to be had.

I had a cyberpunk character named Prophet9. His goal was to give all of the world’s money to someone stupid like Elon Musk, to crater the global economy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

chicken soup for the child’s soul wasn’t a trade

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Elon can get more money, but he won’t be seen as cool, which is what he wants. if he was smarter, he would learn Bloomberg‘s lesson, you can’t launder public respect.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

roffles posted:

I hope Elon does the banking thing only because I want to see it blow up in his face again.

big brained ideas
https://qz.com/1463422/elon-musk-gave-a-credit-card-to-anyone-who-wanted-one

There are a lot of people who’d pay eight dollars to do $5000 worth of fraud

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

it’s a shame we won’t get to see Elon dismantled in the octagon. Seeing him trying to reinvent fighting would be UFC 1 level funny

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

nobody is madder about this than ed zitron

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

C Sam
C Sam Run

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Will lower server bills!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Rock Puncher posted:

cant wait for the x files

I hate The X-Files, if X stands for pedo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1685608160097107968?s=20 Elon did Light Treason

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s funny that have all the pictures of David Frum, that’s the best one he picked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Honey is already a weird thing, it gives you a price tracking in exchange for data mining