Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Consummate Professional posted:

wow I agree with him on something, never thought I’d see the day
Was waiting for someone to finally pin him down on what makes him think he's a centrist (ie, what part of the GOP platform he disagrees with) but drug legalization is an obvious position he stumbled into because it's convenient for his personal vices. He wants himself and his elite friends to have safe and legal access to drugs. It will probably only take a day until he starts gleefully fantasizing about feeding any poor or homeless drug users into a thresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Glumwheels posted:

My oldest needed her tonsils/adenoids shaved at a very young age. Guess I should have held off doing anything until she was 18 and let her suffer from years of sleep apnea, throat infections, and eating issues right because at 5 she couldn’t consent?

God these people are absolutely loving stupid
A father and son have a car accident and are both badly hurt. They are both taken to separate hospitals. When the boy is taken in for an operation, the surgeon (doctor) says 'I can not do the surgery'. Is this because:

1) The surgeon is a woman and the patient is her son
2) The patient is under the age of 18 and therefore cannot consent to treatment
3) The patient is trans and it is illegal to give them medical care them under state law

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Tucker Carlson tweeted Olivia Rodrigo's "Traitor" and Billie Eilish's "Happier Than Ever" while complaining about "fake friends" late into the night.

If it wasn't for @ElonMusk, the tyrants at Old Twitter could have very well suspended Carlson's account or DMCA'd the videos, keeping us from knowing how not mad he is. By cutting the moderation team to shreds, he can be assured his voice will be heard on New Twitter.

The handcuffs are off.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

People want to believe that, but here’s the thing: Musk has a huge IQ. He is measurably, scientifically, clinically and demonstrably the smartest person in any room anywhere. He can tell you the square root of your Amex card number at a glance. He can tell you, I don’t know – the square root of zinc.
Wow I didn't know that! Elon Musk FTW!

quote:

But self-driving cars will kill people!
Grow up.
lol

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Destroy all life on this planet so I can step foot on another uninhabitable one and starve/asphyxiate there

ben shapino posted:

I'd hydraulic press all the frogs if it meant guaranteeing we never get off this planet. We deserve to go extinct on this rock. We don't deserve to go do it to another.
The Woke Mind Virus is realizing we've been gifted a planet with the best living conditions and we can't even make a go of it here

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Sweet, I just matched with @PossumEveryHour

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
This 30 day inactive account policy will ensure that only the most terminally online are on Twitter. They should make it into a prison. Don't even allow them to logoff.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Thinking bout the guys that say "Welcome back, Elon" whenever he tweets

He's supposed to be there!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Teslas are "bullish" as in they do what a bull would if one saw a pedestrian

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

SorePotato posted:

Musk just killed himself and the thread is talking about gl*nn?
Musk killed himself right before he started making all those tweets about Soros. Can't be a coincidence, someone was trying to get ahead of those tweets!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Raskolnikov38 posted:

animal farm and 1984 are mutually exclusive according to this
They're up in the clouds, smiling and proudly looking down at their children, Hunger Games & Idiocracy

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

jisforjosh posted:

This made me remember Musk has claimed that their new boring machines would be 15 times faster than current cutting edge boring technology but their fastest borer has gotten up to 49 feet/day...exactly the same as current tech.
drat, what if they cut more safety requirements? Not saying they should do it, just ask the computer

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Metal Gear Solid is win. Ron DeSantis is fail. Elon Musk is win.
<scribbling on notepad> :hai:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The car will make medical diagnoses and, upon identifying a terminal illness, orchestrate a fatal collision to spare the driver any pain or overbearing medical bills.

It will also do this if you're woke

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Jonny 290 posted:

thats accurate enough yep

evidently this racist frog is in diapers so its a different racist frog than the first racist frog
haha you don't know which frog it is, you've really shown your ignorance here on which frog is being used for cryptofacism all of them

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The Daily Wire reached out to Twitter's PR department but the only response was a poop emoji! :aaa:

Elon needs to fire more staff!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I do certain things to avoid being rude, but if someone decides to be rude, and then other people are rude to them for being rude, then I strongly object! There's no reason to allow rude behavior, unless it is their personal decision to be rude, or...

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
masterful gambit, sir

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
For someone supposed to be into futurism and sci-fi, must be really disappointing to believe this is what late stage civilizations look like.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Lowly trolls won't block someone because they're both desperately lonely and hateful, and hostile interactions are the only kind they're comfortable with.

Culture warriors won't block because it diminishes their engagement and that's all that matters to them. Making an offensive or controversial tweet harvests engagement. Making an embarrassing or stupid tweet harvests greater engagement from people who think they're scoring points by dunking on them, but don't realize they're playing different games. They purposely go out of their way to say something insane or ridiculous when things are starting to slow because it gets shared, commented on, maybe even be referenced in articles to support a headline, which hopefully drives readers to their other content. I think it also confuses libs who think they're in on some joke, or maybe the other racist tweets are some kind of joke they don't get.

This is why someone like Ali Alexander will pepper in a claim that he can time travel and then go back to talking about the elections all being stolen. He put that bit in the closet and it will come out again, or something similar, when he feels he's not getting enough attention. The Hellenist is the one who legitimately posted that having a small penis shows you're intelligent and have divine ancestry. Look at the engagement he gets on the football tweet versus the race science graphs. It's all in the game.

For the right wing to block, you usually have to be someone running a grift that requires isolating your audience, or some rube propped up by money that doesn't know what they're doing (Dave Rubin).

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

RandolphCarter posted:

getting money from the government
Matthew Lesko's greatest student

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mystic Mongol posted:

Just like noted character hated by the writers and killed off so they could sell a new testament, Jesus.

(People love martyrs)
They don't seem very effective at creating meaningful change in this age. We know the names of who the police murdered, but that has not changed policing in any substantial way. No cop thinks "Oh, I hope I'm not too rough, don't want another George Floyd"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

a.lo posted:

they’re all smiling though
They're welcoming another wealthy upper deck ticket to Hell. Had to wait a while, but they got another one.

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1671101192951275524

Thank God the blue checks are showing up in force across Twitter to announce that this is a vast government conspiracy against truth seekers.

WHEN WILL ELON SPEAK OUT
"Innocent until proven guilty" says the blue check sending bomb threats to children hospitals

Knight has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Jun 20, 2023

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

hard to even call that an idea
Combine thing with other thing - haha!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

LegoMan posted:

I wanted to destroy something boerful
With a replica gun between your teeth you speak only in vowels

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Decon posted:

I love the "they're feds!!" poo poo because Unicorn Riot unmasked some of the dipshits in my area after they got caught vandalizing statues and murals. Shockingly, they're not feds; one of 'em works at his parent's motorcycle garage.
I love it because it makes them paranoid that their next planned hate march is a trap and suspiciously eyeing each other for traitors.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Eight-Six posted:

what a scraggly photo
I have amazing new AI technology to offer Mr Musk (sir)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZb8Igc00qQ

We're all waiting to help

Fried Watermelon posted:

That "he won a Dungeons & Dragons tournament" is pissing me off more with how fake that article is lol
lmao

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Text and videos are visible but if you have to click into it (long tweets, full images, hyperlinks within tweets) you'll be hit with a login page

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

ozmunkeh posted:

Video thumbnails only. I clicked on a few this morning and they don't play, they just go to the login page lol
"Don't read the comments," they say.
"Login required," Twitter says.

Thank you Elon

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

the milk machine posted:

my car was built in 2001 and it works on hot days
Misread as "works on hot dogs"

What a car that would be

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Sir Tonk posted:

and the classic

Did we ever find out what his "coup de grace" was? Can't remember if this was when he was trying to humiliate a disabled employee or if he thought he was going to push a button to delete all bots or something

Edit - Apparently this was in December when he suspended a bunch of journalists and is still unclear

Knight has issued a correction as of 16:26 on Jul 4, 2023

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

how do you remove spam by making the site unreadable?
Listen, they said only "a small percentage of people using the platform" were affected. It's no big deal, jeez

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Sir Tonk posted:

we all doubted his genius
Must admit, doubted him when he called the British diver a pedophile, but the courts vindicated him. The man clearly does his research

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
drat, google sucks. Tried to look up "device user seconds" so I could see what previous records were or maybe compare to other apps and it couldn't find any results!

Musk please buy Alphabet and fix this!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The people who scream for answers on why they're not getting engagement are definitely going to calm down now that they think they're missing out on direct payments

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Not a problem with FSD

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
As the saying goes, "He who interferes with what doesn't concern him finds what doesn't please him"

(Image of sink flying towards Twitter HQ)

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

tenderjerk posted:

i clicked on "show more" so you dont have to and i feel you need to see the whole thing

Thank you for adding "Communist software engineer" to my brain today

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

a.lo posted:

Im still going to call it Twitter
I am still goijg to “Tweet”
and I am still going to be subscribed to Twitter Blue
Overworked X employees scrambling to make an autofilter that turns "tweet" into "x" for da boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Virtual Russian posted:

Why is it americans have such infantile breakfasts? Honestly curious, American breakfast is so much sugar, and always delivered in bright colors on insanely processed wheat or corn products. It is food designed for a baby's palette. Grown rear end adults are eating chocolate frosted sugar bombs like they are bart simpson or something.
Death drive