Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

How the gently caress does he still not get that accounts like MTA are the product? Nobody loving cares if you have the ideal platform if the people and organizations they want to see aren’t on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Musk would never kiss a robot. They can’t spit out 1-2 kids to spread his bloodline.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Grey Fox posted:

the future mother of some more of his kids

It’s 100% this. He found someone willing to carry his babies like the other women who work for him that he’s impregnated. And like the others, he will never physically touch her because she doesn’t look like a child.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

This also wouldn’t be surprising at all. Theranos and Neuralink were cut from the same cloth of sham science that Elon buys into.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The comments on this are exactly what you would expect. Wall of alt Right trying to justify how they are centrists. Absolute honeypot of a post.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Maybe he's saying cooked as opposed to just raw? Maybe he thinks smoked salmon is raw too?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The data itself also has a lot of disclaimers:

quote:

In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation.”

Only married couples count.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Stefan Prodan posted:

I forgot to post it earlier but this is the ad I get every time I use Twitter now

Sup, one ad buddy.

I get one ad a week or so on every tweet I look at and it’s the only ad when I scroll. This week’s special is:

It’s every 3-5 tweets/replies. This is in no way a product relevant to me.

What a cool business model. I bet it’s going really well for them.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mola Yam posted:

how much less funny would this submarine thing be without twitter though

like the guy's melon-headed adult stepson is literally on there like "ladies i'm single!". what other medium enables that.

I look forward to this exact same tweeting but about the first starship manned flight.

Oh who am I kidding, the first flight will explode on liftoff.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I really love how I can do almost nothing with Twitter anymore without logging into the app. Incredible they likely see a massive drop in usage especially unregistered users and go “this is a good thing.”

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Beeftweeter posted:

you should just assume all social media companies do this

Twitter probably isn’t….

….not because they don’t want to but because they laid off everyone who knows where the data is and how it works.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The funniest part of the affair story is the his affair partner claims there was no affair and Musk was just helping her with strategies for dealing with her daughter’s autism because of his background and experience at Neuralink.

She should have just copped to the affair because her excuse is much more embarrassing.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hell yeah. Elon ftw

Even if it was true they still had work phones and docs from twitter that just shows how incompetent twitter is. Shouldn’t those phone be bricked as soon as they were fired/quit?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Diabetic posted:

I know in the long run it don't matter that Musk is losing money, but gently caress alive it's nice to see his own stupid rear end getting owned by his own stupid rear end.

100% guarantee none of the employees he fired/laid off, had any kind of NDA or non-compete in place as part of their severance. Also guaranteed, they weren't loving happy that dipshit didn't pay them any of their severance he promised. I cannot possibly imagine what a human would do that's been proven time and time again throughout history that if you piss them off enough, they respond in kind.

I know you won't be broke by this but: "HAHAHA, gently caress you Elon."

triple sulk posted:

noncompetes are completely unenforceable

Elon has no real grounds BUT….

…they probably had an NDA as part of their original employment offer or stock vesting which would apply or there are other laws that could prevent someone from sharing previous employer info.

Noncompetes are generally unenforceable when they keep people from working in a specific industry or area. Noncompetes and client lists or trade secrets are totally different things. A non-compete can be illegal but the person can be blocked from sharing material non-public info with their new employer or client lists.

Very specific example: You could work at Twitters ad division and own the Pepsi relationship. You could be fired/quit from twitter and still go to work at meta in ad management. However, you generally cannot then go on to own the Pepsi relationship or specifically try and poach Pepsi from twitter to meta.

There are lots of other variations of this but the bottom line is that this isn’t about noncompetes.

Hypothetically if Twitter did have evidence that a former twitter associate gave meta a non-public architecture plan or actual code, that would be sharing of trade secrets which could have some real claim.

He doesn’t and it’s all baby bullshit but there is real applicable law here that has nothing to do with noncompetes.

Edit: The letter doesn’t even mention noncompetes so it shouldn’t even be a discussion point.

Saltpowered has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jul 7, 2023

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
In almost no scenario can you freely share previous employer private info/trade secrets. There are lots of regulations, laws, and civil actions against it. Getting fired doesn’t automatically invalidate NDAs.

People do it all the time because they don’t get caught or their previous employer has no evidence. But it’s absolute not just a legal thing to do especially if you have an NDA.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Just a Moron posted:

What in the gently caress did I just read.

Jesus christ

That screenshot rapidly swaps in tone from sex-weirdo to absolutely psychopath who shouldn’t be allowed around other people. What the Christ.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Why do people post like this? Even if you are deluded enough to think Musk is a genius, what level of brain damage gets you to posting cyborg fanfic of him.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Sir Tonk posted:

I would argue most musk fan parody accounts are not obvious at all

The content on serious and parody accounts are both equally deranged so unless you specifically have a list, it could be either. Not being able to see replies or the posters profile also makes telling the difference more difficult.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

is what children are to Cybertruck autopilot.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

If you have/enforce no rules, then no content violates them.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I’m sure someone forgot to put the decimal places for cents and that should be $250.

Lol, I hope that Twitter has just paid their whole Twitter Blue sub revenue to creators as a coding error.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Goffer posted:

Yeah he just paid a sex trafficker (tate) $20,000 as well

Yeah but what did Twitter pay Tate for ad revenue?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I remember the glorious few years where search engines worked well and you could easily find anything online. Social media and YouTube weren’t algorithmed for max engagement. Shopping searches would return legit stores and eBay not dozens of scam sites.

Now finding anything is wading through 90% scams, grifters, and just garbage. It’s really impressive that it turned to complete poo poo within a decade.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Soon they’ll only be other sheet wearing ghosts left!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DeeplyConcerned posted:

funnily enough, Tesla owners do see improved performance after piloting the vehicle into a large body of water

how else are they gonna put the fire out?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

So has he deluded himself to believe the creepy shipping of him and AoC is real or is he writing it under an alt?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The irony of Elon picking words usually associated with someone dying in a spectacular fashion or something exploding.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

I still believe that his elementary teachers were correct and he has some sort of cognitive issue beyond “grew up rich.” Being rich exacerbated the problem but I don’t think he’s capable of understanding things correctly. His obsession with X for 20+ years is not just someone holding onto a bad idea, it’s him being incapable of processing it’s a bad idea. The man has legitimately never had a good idea.

Years of brain altering drugs have only made this worse.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Just a Moron posted:

Yeah I was just thinking of his fixation on 'X' but that can easily just be immaturity and spite.

If I wanted to be charitable I would say the rest of that stuff can be masked, but I don't so I won't.

There are interviews with Errol where he says that teachers told him something was wrong with Elon and that he stared off into space, didn’t interact with others, and was very awkward as a child. The teachers suggested that Errol have Elon evaluated and maybe put in a more appropriate settings. Errol said gently caress that and moved to a different school/did other things.

Now Errol is a lying piece of poo poo but it’s pretty believable that Elon had some issues when younger and instead of being treated he was just encouraged to hide it all.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Hmmmmmmmm....

I wonder what could have recently happened that caused engagement with twitter to fall off a cliff.

Hmmmmmmmm....

It is truly a mystery.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ben shapino posted:

Do you want to go to space?

Definitely. I hope to die in space.

What do you mean?

I would like to go far enough out there to where my body could not handle coming back. So it would be closer to the end of my life. Maybe 65.

By out there do you mean Mars?

Mars would be great. I hope there’s a megastructure by then because I would love to see one in space. I’d go out there and live as long as I can until I die.

There’s no changing your mind on this?

There might be some change. If there’s a real responsibility, like if my kids are having grandkids and really need me, I might change my mind. But the preferred thing would be seeing some new worlds. I would like to move to Mars. But I have to wait till my kids are good. Like 25. I think if I died on Earth, in my last moments I would regret it. If I died in space, I would be like, “You’ve lived a great life, you did all the things you wanted to do.”

Do you think the future of humans is in space?

I hope so. One of my dreams is to go to exoplanets that can handle habitable life and engineer humans with AI optimized for those environments, because I’m sure they’ll be slightly different. Like making monkey aliens all over the universe. That would be really cool.

Jeff Bezos says he’s totally sold on a trillion humans in space.

Sick. I hope so. Did Bezos say he’s building a megastructure, potentially? I think I read that somewhere. That clock in the mountain. When I found out about the clock it totally changed my opinion of Bezos.

Jesus Christ, she is unfathomably dumb.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Acelerion posted:

I would think that as a brand, saying "I have no control over what is next to my adds" would be preferable to "i literally pushed a button saying i don't give a poo poo" but maybe thats why I'll never be the head of a major corporation.

This is basically what every legal team at any corporation with real spending will advise them to select. Scams and tech bros will pick the other option.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
If we are going gladiator style, can the victor kill the loser if the audience/emperor agrees? Would love to upvote Zuck curbstomping Musk.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

selec posted:

got another Bluesky ticket, don’t embarrass me in front of my cool friends:

bsky-social-b72kq-arako

Thanks! Looking forward to posting on the slightly less poo poo site.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

selec posted:

enjoy, it really is less lovely, at least for now

It has a working following tab so already a massive improvement.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

shyduck posted:

wow im shocked to hear all the RETVRN talk is likely performative bullshit

Zuck sucks but it is impressive how much worse Elon is than him. Elon just radiates pathetic divorced Incel energy that pollutes everything he touches.

Again tho, I bet Elon legitimately believes that some random trip he had was real and he has all this set up. He’s incapable of distinguishing between reality and his head bullshit.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Now we know what Musk was talking about asking for the Flight Attendant to identify his penis. It’s completely ossified.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Holy poo poo, the river trip was the pinnacle of grimes intelligence and it has all been downhill from there.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

its weird because zuck sucks, we all know hes a bad guy and has probably hosed up the world worse than elon has but one thing hes got over musk that keeps getting reinforced during this whole debacle is that he at least has something he genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about (martial arts.) I mean he's enthusiastic about it enough that he's willing to get his rear end kicked and for people to know about it. musk could never.

To-date Zuck has probably hosed things up worse for the world. Musk may win that race long-term with everything he is doing to platform hate and white supremacy and anti-LGBTQ sentiment. We’re going to see continuously escalating violence over the next few years directly as a result of his actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Good Citizen posted:

this is the most pathetic any one human has ever been

You say that but someone will read these posts and then talk about how much of a chicken Zuck is and how Musk is the king.

That person will be the most pathetic any human has ever been.