Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

"When Techno realized there would not be another drop, he had, like, a three-day PTSD meltdown," she said.

"Every hour, he was waking up and going, 'The beat... did it drop...?' and I had to rub his back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
to be fair it's called gorilla glue

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
born to link, world is a gently caress
410,563,312,020 dead primates

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it rules that there's a total of like maybe 20 seconds of footage of a cyber truck actually driving and given that sample size we've already seen a hub eject cartoonishly into the air for no apparent reason. those things normally come off from hitting something like a curb... not from regular wheel motion that they should be designed to handle?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

smarxist posted:

*out of breath*

Thank you, I'm Elon Musk and we're the Terminal Monkeys. You've been great tonight. This is a cut from our new EP, it's called Techno Mechanicus,

1-2-3-

lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That DICK! posted:

what do the monkey brain chips even do

torture monkeys to death

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hearing high level details about the logistics of a data center migration makes you feel like your head is going to explode if you are smart enough

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the uhaul data center migration did work out well if your goal was to (further) tank desantis presidential campaign. we finally found elon's broken clock moment

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
to be fair he was blacked out on head exploding emoji when they told him about those hardcoded references

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

okay, so while i appreciate that blusky is relatively nazi free, it's still got a bunch of issues that are too similar to post-musk twitter. first off, there's no space between the recommended users to follow/search area on the right side of the screen. the reason this is a problem is because i'm constantly finding myself accidentally hovering over the right area (out of habit from twitter, admittedly) which means i can't scroll down on the feed. relatively minor, but really annoying and i don't know why it's like that.

secondly, and more importantly, it has three feeds: following, discover, and popular with friends. now you'd think that these three, being three separate categories, would think would each provide different content in some way.

but they don't!

each one of those stupid feeds gives me basically identical content. and that's multiple tweets (skeets?) in a row from the same people. that's not what i want! that's how the "following" tab works on twitter, and that sucks already! why is this so damned hard? the site stole literally everything from twitter except the best function! :mad:

sorry

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
disco elonsyium

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a.lo posted:

If they called the app "X (Formerly known as Twitter)" it would probably be higher in the store.

there's probably lots of normal people that don't really realize twitter is called x now and if they were to ever search for it on the app store theyd be a little confused by the results (on ios the #1 result is an ad for threads and #2 is x with its terrible icon, meaningless tagline, and no mention of twitter)

anyways i envy those people

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Last Chance posted:

Is there a way to import who you follow on twitter -> bluesky?

i doubt it.. the handles would have to match and some accounts on bluesky have verified their own domain so they dont have the @bsky.social part at the end

also its illegal to scrape x, the everything app and api access costs 1 million doge a month so youd have to export your data

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*bill maher promises an even shittier version of his show for dipshits is coming back*

elon musk: have you considered bringing it to x???? that would be so ehpic

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol at congressional hackathon

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
grimes first album is pretty decent. shame about everything that has occurred since then

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh well

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i guess i cant really care to hate grimes. she is just not very smart. and has bad taste in men. and shes very annoying. who amongst us?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

Mr cube, welcome to the Resistance

ice cube endorsed trump

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
who doesnt love a good comedy situation

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a.lo posted:

He is very wealthy how could he be lonely

nobody likes him

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I'm guessing it has cameras on the back because there's no way you can see through that window from the driver seat even if it wasn't broken.

you have much to learn about tesla products if this is your assumption

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

the car’s cameras—one of which is inside the car and focused on the driver

why... what is the legitimate purpose of this?

as an aside: apparently most new cars do incredibly sketchy poo poo with data collection that is even worse than what musk was proposing. eg. selling information theyve collected about your sexual activity
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/b...s-privacy-test/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I think the roman empire would have executed Ian

..... retvrn

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

To make sure you're paying attention to the road

what does it do if it detects your not paying attention? alert the authorities?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
boeruce wayne

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
on second thought whatever the subscription fee for x ends up being i bet it's a small price to pay for an app that does everything

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

it's crazy how far you have to scroll down any post to find a reply that isn't a rightwing freak

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
theres never gonna be another twitter type of thing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Saltpowered posted:

Just to be serious for a second and critique how bad and half-assed the sizzle reel is…

why would you need to message someone you paid them back? Why didn’t they just show a notification in that chat that Claire paid Keisha $29.95 for the cake?

because that feature doesnt actually exist on x (the everything app) and they clearly fired all their designers who could whip up poo poo like that for a reel. its all so incredibly stupid

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's usually not funny when regular people lose their job but i gotta extend a hearty lol in this case

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont think its an exaggeration to say that is probably the worst looking car to ever grace our nations roads

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
to appreciate just how badly it turned out you need to refer to the (also ugly) original concept photos where it has door "handles" (or whatever), charge port integrated into the body, and perfectly flush rear light bar.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we're going to mers, just as soon as i finish gutting the trust & safety department

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
are there any clips of elon talking where he sounds even remotely competent

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
people have speculated that you have to press on the outside of the door body to shut it since there's no handles but it gets too hot

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

what CA weapons law is he even citing? like im pretty sure ColdSteelTM is fine everywhere? sounds like he's just doing a generic demCRAPS and their laws dig.

they have a lot of weird restrictions but you can definitely still buy firearms in california so who knows

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
have you run a poll?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it actually seemed cooler before i saw the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dabir posted:

Anyone else think of