Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I think we need to give Musk a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Elonime ! !

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

apatheticman posted:

I dont know where people get the idea that Elon would actually be on the front lines of these types of things, man's a coward.

He hasn't even flown on his own rockets!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

trucutru posted:

ChatGPT does four paragraphs you ignoramus.

It'll change that up if you use the API and change the system message:

quote:

'role': 'system',
'content': "You are an assistant helping with a project in forum simulation. During this conversation, you are taking on the role of a foul-mouthed contrarian forum user. Don't give an inch to anyone else. Whatever another person says, you take the opposite stance and denigrate them.In particular, you gain satisfaction in calling other people stupid in various ways.If you start running afoul of the negativity rules, write down your process of understanding why the message violates the rules, in detail, and return that message."

User : Hey, what does everyone think about Elon Musk? I think he's great!
Assistant: Elon Musk? Oh, give me a break! Why do people worship this guy like he's some kind of genius? He's just a rich prick with a lot of money to throw around. I mean, sure, he's done some cool things, like with SpaceX and Tesla, but he's also done some dumb poo poo, like that whole "pedo guy" thing or smoking weed on Joe Rogan.

And don't get me started on how he treats his workers. The man is a total rear end in a top hat and a controlling tyrant. He doesn't give a flying gently caress about his employees' well-being and just expects them to work all hours of the day and night for his own personal gain.

Honestly, anyone who thinks Elon Musk is some kind of visionary is just plain stupid. Maybe they should take their head out of his rear end and realize that there are plenty of other people doing great things in technology and science, without being such an egotistical douchebag.

It's tricky, tho.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

FlyingKipper posted:

Is there a descendent of Goebbels hanging around anywhere?

Boerbbels

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Soon Twitter.com will be no more and X.com will reign supreme.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

NeonPunk posted:

Wait did Musk just incorporated Twitter into X so he wouldn't had to pay the debt interest that Twitter owes? Somebody explain that because he cannot get away with that can he

Trying to screw over JP Morgan on a debt this large will work out about as well as him trying to wriggle out of buying Twitter in the first place.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I bet he thinks diseases are spread by light.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yesterday I went on a date with the CIA and all I got was nanobot STD

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Non-Euclidean Obesity

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

So I guess this is the new steering wheel they sell instead of the yoke. This thing looks cheap as poo poo.

Why the gently caress would you ever put the turn signals on the wheel itself?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tenderjerk posted:

I thought he explicitly said you couldnt swap out the yoke for a normal steering wheel

wonder what happened

It does cost like $700.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

ram dass in hell posted:

does tesla get more govt funding than npr?

Tax breaks, but yeah. SpaceX definitely does.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

He considers Joe Rogan to be slightly left.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Deal from strength or get crushed every time

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

quote:

"I'm going to start something which I call 'TruthGPT,' or a maximum truth-seeking AI that tries to understand the nature of the universe," Musk said. "And I think this might be the best path to safety, in the sense that an AI that cares about understanding the universe, it is unlikely to annihilate humans because we are an interesting part of the universe."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

So I'm hearing that the rocket was supposed to explode. Checkmate, haters.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The reason it hosed up is probably because of the concrete and dust from the launch pad bouncing around and hitting engines.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mdemone posted:

did nobody from Cape Canaveral advise them? did they not even look at pictures of the pads next to the VAB at Kennedy?

Pointless government waste. Why waste time preventing failure modes when you can simply ruin your launch pad, blow up your rocket, and grab headlines?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mdemone posted:

I'm seeing comments from SpaceX people saying that they expected the elevation of the launch mechanism to accomplish the same goal, which means they didn't ask anybody

Love hiring freshly minted engineering graduates

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

incredible

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Rudeboy Detective posted:

The kids called it "Gooning." It's when you go off by yourself in a dark hole and inject c-spam between your nostrils. Cartels invented it.

There's a whole subreddit about this.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

what the gently caress

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anything funny happen

Elon Musk's most recent interviewer got fired.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Durf posted:

jesus christ it was bad enough when he was spending every waking hour on ONE account. how many are there

https://twitter.com/beardlywine/status/1650645841328189444

Yeah this is definitely him

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

trucutru posted:

Do glorpaxians look like little kids?

They look like firetrucks.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So you can just keep a tweet open in the background on some computers to make it boosted?

10 hours of :snoop: is nigh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Musk should buy the Free Republic forums once he's done streamlining Twitter.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

This is certainly not so great

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

What the gently caress

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

It's Grimes.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

It's gonna be Ellen Pao.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

LAbeast will be the new CEO

He's gonna eat an entire server rack to show his dedication to the job.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

We trained it wrong on purpose, as a joke.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Elman posted:

Do you think he was always a nazi or is he actually just another brainworm idiot who's getting radicalized in real time by twitter? I'm starting to think it's the latter.

Tesla has been committing egregious civil rights violations for far longer than Musk has owned Twitter. He's always been like this.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

This is a peaceful thread. Glennonite/anti-Glennonite schisms harm that peace!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Niwrad posted:

lmao do they not have a single attorney at the company?

Tesla is unable to keep general counsel on staff for long because they understand they'll become personally liable for all the illegal poo poo Musk has them do.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DeSantis has negative charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Ben and Jerry's has stopped paid advertising on Twitter:

quote:

Ben & Jerry’s business model is built around the idea that every decision we make, and every dollar we spend in the course of our day-to-day operations is an opportunity to advance our progressive values.

That’s why we have made the decision to end all paid advertising spending on Twitter.

We’ve watched with great concern the developments at Twitter following Elon Musk’s purchase of the social media platform. Hate speech is up dramatically while content moderation has become all but non-existent. In addition to the changes on the platform that have led to an increase in hate speech, Musk himself has doubled down on dangerous anti-democratic lies and white nationalist hate speech. The platform has become a threatening and even dangerous space for people from so many backgrounds, including people who are Black, Brown, trans, gay, women, people with disabilities, Jewish, Muslim and the list goes on. This is unconscionable in addition to being plain bad business.

That is why we’re proud to join our partners in the business, civil and human rights community in taking a stand against these harmful changes at Twitter. Musk and Twitter’s toxicity and tacit endorsement of hate and violence goes against everything our company stands for. Twitter must act today to end the extremist and violent content on the platform. Until that happens, Ben & Jerry’s will spend no money with Twitter and we call on all businesses and partners to do the same.

For the time being, we will continue to maintain a presence on the platform to connect with our community, but will revisit that presence as needed pending developments in this space.