Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Ardship of Cambry posted:

I actually think SpaceX is doing cool stuff around reusability, around ride-sharing for satellite payloads, etc. Gywnne Shotwell is actually smart, that's why she's COO and actually runs things and you've never heard of her.

Only a needy weirdo wants to embarassingly stammer in front of a press conference and take credit for poo poo he didn't invent. So weirdly desperate for approval or adoration.

space x is doing one potentially cool thing (not gonna lie i’m excited about heavy lift) while sucking up huge amounts of funding. Meanwhile
nasa is building a nuclear rocket that can get to mars in 45 days, put a helicopter on mars, started asteroid deflection trials and put up the james webb telescope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

If i were a modern day iron man i’d make my social
media companies profitable and have launch pads that are reusable
and don’t blow up my rockets but i guess that’s why i’m not a billionaire.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Right now jeff bezos is on billionaire island doing poo poo too depraved for the darker parts of the warhammer 40k universe. There are no good billionaires but he may be the only smart one.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Poco posted:

It really is amazing. One of the world's biggest idiots who has spent his life failing upwards has attracted a cult of the most credulous morons and mouth breathers on the planet.

The real civilizational threat is that we've reached a point where someone so odious and failure prone simply cannot fail or even fall from his insane degrees of power and wealth. Even peasants occasional beheaded a leader if they were half as failure prone and gormless as musk.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

liking glenn is one of those red flags like people who tell you their IQ. after that everything coming out of your mouth is automatically shoved into my brains spam filter.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I'm torn i want to get threads simply to spite musk but then i remembered zuck was told that instagrams policies are killing young adults and his response was awesome more money.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Sir Tonk posted:

glad this was thought out and planned ahead of time

poor loving visa hostages wondering what fresh hell will be cooked up
over a 4 am stimulant binge.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

a.lo posted:

What's a minor infraction for Elon

Right wing coups, pro hitler posts, violent threats targeting leftists.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Pinely posted:

Matt on Chapo pointed this out, but it says a lot about how captured the government is that the cia hasn't done anything about Elon.

they basically kidnapped Howard Hughes, kept him drugged 24/7, and operated him like a puppet for being annoying and interfering in a few ops. Elon is more annoying, interferes more, is possibly the most compromised billionaire in the world, publicly descends into a k hole at least once a month, and the deep state has no interest in doing anything.

When you frame congress as the billionaire classes liaison to their subjects things make way more sense.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

the horrible poo poo that goes down with neuralink is going to be the most gruesome musk poo poo to date. I don't give a flying gently caress about any moron that dies in a cyber truck lithium fire but paraplegics being mangled out of a well meaning attempt to change their situation is unconscionable. They should only allow that poo poo in able bodied volunteers

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Cars have become an excellent way to know who never to talk to. Gonna file cybertruck owner next to totenkopf bumper stickers, schizophrenic chud trucks, and two parking spaced trucks sized with a cattle guard.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I think using starship as a passenger vehicle is honestly elon's best idea so far. Killing at least 1/100 of his most wealthy and gullible passengers is a big win for the world.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Juul-Whip posted:

even the space shuttle creators never claimed it would do poo poo like go to mars and jupiter and that thing was notorious for trying to do too many things badly. im sure that will work out great this time though

they were pretty adamant that this thing is definitely gonna kill people
so you can shoehorn in reusable space flight. I'm sure doing the same thing but 12 launches a day at scale in the private sector will be even safer.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Gotta hand it to Elon he's found the right mix of uppers and downers to reconcile his hatred of the jews with his love of apartheid states.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

Robbery craters, homicide and assault go up 2-3% but are already dropping again

If the timescale went back to the 90s the recent rise would.be tiny in comparison to.how things use to be

Wonder if something accounted for the increase in assault and homicide starting at the beginning of 2020 :thunk:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:sickos:

looking forward to the next incredible announcement from elon that juices the stock price

monkey torture, but on mars??

Id love to see tesla stock go to zero but it's too big to fail. If wallstreet cared about tesla being profitable it wouldn't be valued at a gazillion dollars in the first place.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Id say that the cyber truck is what 8 year old me would design if you gave me some crayons and told me to create the safest car ever except even then my dumb rear end would put some
airbags in it.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

My wife shot my dick and balls off for our tesla owner youtube channel
still love the car.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

my cybertruck is a very practical purchase, i can haul half a bike with this bad boy.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

these chemical jets seem problematic. why doesn't elon use electric jets??

meanwhile nasa on a shoe string budget is working on a nuclear electric rocket that can get us to mars in 4 weeks. If they just gave the nasa nerds half of what this grifter gets we'd be sipping mai tais on Titan in our fusion powered luxury condos.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Not to mention safety costs. The cybertruckd weird rear end design and use of so much stainless steel means crumple zones are less effective and in order to not kill every occupant in a crash, they are going to have to use a ton of the most modern safety features like pretensioned seat belts, tons of airbags, etc all of which are more expensive.

It doesn't have airbags. I for one think musk is pretty cool putting the worlds worst people inside a mobile juicero.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Elon is my copilot

i've ironically heard a guy with 200k in teslas say that... like every other 5 seconds.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Kunster posted:

He recently posted something on how he prefers HEB to Walmart, and I oughta ask: I know Texans who stand by that, but is it like the equivalent of Lidl where it has its own brands + has its own semi-ironic marketing where you end up with HEB Trainers and HEB Christmas sweaters or what?

it's really just an excellent supermarket. Things run cheaper than most competitors and it has great produce. Buckeys is the other texas thing but it's entirely just for the absurdity of it heb is legit awesome.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Musk dumbfounded when an AI trained on good posting constantly dunks on him and his worldview.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

If i had money to gently caress around with right now i'd probably by a bunch of tesla, not because it has value but because it'll go up bouyed by the endless gullibility of Americans. In a sane world it should be trading at like 34, but gestures everywherishly this isn't a sane world.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

teethgrinder posted:

Checks out. "They didn't immigrate the right way like we did." See: mom.

I fled the dictatorship of my home land so I could immediately vote for the right kind of dictatorship that definitely won't have me on an ominous list.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Imagine simultaneously being the richest man on earth and being dumb enough to be dunked on by don lemon. This timeline just keeps jumping the shark.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

lol that our planet needs to be putting more energy than the combined power output of the globe since the industrial revolution into a thermodynamically uphill equation so that we don't go extinct..... and this is the loving guy most people expect to figure it out.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Here's hoping musk steps to the wrong side of a country willing to jail billionaires (looking at you chairman Xi).

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

ELTON JOHN posted:

charging people is stupid, but allow me to suggest something even stupider

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1779937649425576064

Imagine being the one dude at twitters whose job it is to talk Elon out of this.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Tom Tucker posted:

With its share price in 2021 Tesla could have been SO successful. Just reinvest free money at zero interest rates with huge domestic manufacturing incentives into a mid-quality economy EV sedan and crossover and scale up production before BYD and other Chinese manufacturers can catch up. Instead we have the cyber truck.

That would make sense if they were a car company and not bitcoin with extra steps "tech" company

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Pussy Quipped posted:

are there even enough raw materials on earth to create 3-4 robots per human being

If we're using elons definition of human, yes.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

GoT started to suck when enough characters got killed off that plot armor became necessary to progress the story. There was zero tension when Arya got gut stabbed 50 times and fell into a canal full of sewage because of course some rando amateur surgeon could totally fix that.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Karach posted:

we should see more people struggling with bacterial infections on TV

Same show where khal drogo died from a cut.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

The neurolink stuff is by far the most ghoulish poo poo musk is up to. All of the stupid dick riders getting viking funerals in their 100k memecars is just karma, but tech bro grifting people with quadriplegia is a special kind hosed.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

Role-playing SMAC with Elon as Prokhor Zakharov

Really the worst parts of Morgan, Zakharov, and Yang in a doughy body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

I see Morgan but not really the yang stuff. Either way, if elon was playing he would 100% pick university because science! (and Morgan's race).

And then he would bitch about losing to the hive or believers, because it turns out there are other factors that matter.more then tech level

Musk absolutely would love to be the mystic absolute dictator of an underground society of slaves on an extrasolar colony. He just would just find the whole communitarian thing icky.