Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

*sighs and spits into spitoon* this is just what the deep state wants you to think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Social media has become an integral part of our daily lives, and Twitter is one of the most popular platforms for sharing news and opinions. While Twitter can be a great source of information, it's important to remember that not everything you see on Twitter is true or accurate.

Twitter is a platform that allows anyone to post anything they want, regardless of whether it's true or not. It's easy for misinformation and rumors to spread quickly on Twitter, especially if they're controversial or sensational. That's why it's crucial to fact-check information before accepting it as true.

Here are some tips for avoiding misinformation on Twitter:

1 Verify the source: Check the source of the information and make sure it's from a credible and reputable source. Look for articles from established news outlets or sources with a track record of accuracy.

2 Look for multiple sources: If you see a news story or rumor on Twitter, check other sources to see if they're reporting the same information. If you can't find any other sources, it's possible that the information is false or unverified.

3 Check the date: Sometimes old news stories or outdated information can resurface on Twitter, so make sure to check the date of the post or article before sharing it.

4 Use common sense: If something seems too good (or too bad) to be true, it probably is. Use your critical thinking skills and approach information with a healthy dose of skepticism.

In conclusion, while Twitter can be a valuable source of information, it's important to be cautious and skeptical of what you see. Don't believe everything you read on Twitter, and always fact-check information before accepting it as true. By being mindful of the information you consume, you can help stop the spread of misinformation on social media.

this is sage advice and should be in the op imo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is it ok to post anime in the elon musk thread

only elonime

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

Been saving this for the new thread.

"Emo Ox"

this is a p good one imo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Just a Moron posted:

I bet there's an Elon anime out there somewhere

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a.lo posted:

yeah funny looking

got him

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

interestping paintings of elon musk on mars... going to be win when he finally gets there and proofs the hateters wrongs

I don’t think he’s going to!!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

For the other threads regulars a question. Would you go back in time and kill baby Elon or baby Hitler?

murder is wrong, Mr h; I would go back in time and vote against hitler

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Strawman posted:

Unless you're a german citizen who was over 18 in the 1930's this would be illegal, and therefore as wrong as using violence to stop the nazis

I would never use violence; obviously I’d go far enough back to be a German citizen of legal voting age. doing things right is important.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

trucutru posted:

Youtube just showed me this

Thank you Musk thread.

Matt is right, msnbc should eat him

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

sex musk

don't post ur google searches in here

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

everyone itt is owned by elon musk just like elon musk owns twitter which they love

yeah including you op!!!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
putting these here so they're in the new thread's Knowledge Bank

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1577428272056389633

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1577428673971777536

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Spergin Morlock posted:

twitter embeds running painfully slow today. sometimes 2-3 minutes to load a forums page if it has a tweet on it. lol

works fine on my machine op. if you're using firefox there's some setting that causes/fixes this

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
The Shitter Files

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

aqua teen Carl nona this mattahs meme

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

NeonPunk posted:

Wait did Musk just incorporated Twitter into X so he wouldn't had to pay the debt interest that Twitter owes? Somebody explain that because he cannot get away with that can he

this is just corporate structuring stuff that every large company does, and it doesn’t really matter beyond that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DickParasite posted:

It's so funny that Taibbi turned into the exact kind of hack he always said he despised.

matt weepily flipping through printouts of his tweets as Cat's In The Cradle starts to play

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
parag whatshisname is suing twitter because they haven't been covering his legal bills

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/04/ex-twitter-ceo-who-was-fired-by-musk-sues-company-over-unpaid-legal-expenses/

quote:

Former Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal and two other ex-executives sued the company today, saying they haven't been reimbursed for over $1 million in expenses related to federal investigations and other legal matters. The lawsuit said former executives had to respond to investigations launched by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice, and requested "an expedited ruling requiring Defendant to comply with its obligations to advance legal fees and expenses relating to ongoing litigation and investigations."

Twitter "has breached its obligations... by refusing to advance Plaintiffs' Expenses," according to the lawsuit, which was filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery and reported by The New York Times. The plaintiffs "have incurred significant expenses, including but not limited to attorneys' fees and costs, in connection with several proceedings," the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit against Twitter was filed by Agrawal, former Chief Legal Officer Vijaya Gadde, and former Chief Financial Officer Ned Segal, all of whom were fired by current CEO Elon Musk right after he bought Twitter in October 2022. Musk reportedly fired the executives "for cause" in a possible attempt to avoid paying golden parachute deals.

An attorney for Agrawal, Gadde, and Segal provided Twitter an invoice for legal expenses "which reasonably evidence that Plaintiffs have incurred Expenses in excess of $1 million, all of which is required to be advanced to Plaintiffs," the lawsuit filed today said.

The lawsuit seeks an order requiring Twitter to advance all expenses the plaintiffs have incurred so far. Plaintiffs also want reimbursement for expenses incurred while suing Twitter to get reimbursement for the earlier expenses and an order "declaring that Plaintiffs are entitled to advancement of any future attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with the Proceedings."

Twitter's bylaws and agreements with executives require it "to indemnify Plaintiffs and advance all Expenses incurred in connection with any Proceeding in which Plaintiffs are involved by reason of their Corporate Status," the lawsuit said. The bylaws say that payments are to be made by Twitter "in advance of the final disposition" of each proceeding, and would have to be repaid to Twitter if it turns out the executives aren't entitled to indemnification.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
getting paid to coordinate online gangstalking against m*tt ta*bb*. nice work if you can get it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
maybe this isn’t the thread for it but I’m starting to suspect this ‘deep state’ doesn’t have our best interests in mind

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

This is the "deep state" support thread.

Concerning.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I deleted my twitter because I don’t want to use a platform that’s been so thoroughly infiltrated by the FBI and CIA, it’s just full of what They want you to see

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Pee Fang

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if the twitter files are correct and the deep state successfully infiltrated twitter years ago, then the twitter files themselves are deep state messaging, which explains why they iced out taibbi once they were done with him. interested to see how they handle lee

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Willa Rogers posted:

your interest is interesting!

this has been noted in certain files, that we can be certain of

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
ok, it's bad. what would you like people to do about it, in the elong musk thread

because it seems like you're just saying "i don't like the posts here" in which case, well yeah

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Willa Rogers posted:

Make fun of elong instead of playing world-weary assholes about censorship! Stop sounding like you're reading Rachel Maddow's crib notes about the messengers!

is rachel maddow in the room with us right now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ringo Roadagain posted:

everyone knows the government controls the media.

you can't say it like that, you have to be really mad

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DynamicSloth posted:

My read would be that Fang probably already started writing that story as soon as it happened and didn't see any reason to dumpster his piece, doubtful that a dogged defense of the Twitter Files will win him any Musk points. Musk's promotion of the Twitter files through his own tweets and retweets tapered off long before Fang even joined the team. 50/50 Whether Musk chose this moment to toss Taibbi and ShellyMD because of some dumb plan to steal substack's business or if he's just using that as a convenient excuse to get rid of the Twitter Files.

i think elon just got bored with it once it failed to take down the Mainstream Media

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Spaced God posted:

I'd get my weird experimental water tower into orbit before i start bragging about white flight space colonies

I think they’re supposed to be trying that soon. it’s gonna be an extremely cool explosion

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mola Yam posted:

wow even musk says we need to move on from the twitter files, guess we can wrap it up here too

he's just saying what the deep state intelligence agencies told him to

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

NeonPunk posted:

This sentiment is exactly why the Twitter files is so utterly important. You misunderstood the entire thing.

The deep state *wants* you to think that Elon Musk is doing what the deep state is telling him to do so you'll just reject him completely instead of actually trying to listen to what he is saying.

this post sounds exactly like what the deep state would post if they knew somebody (me) was getting too close to the truth

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
this is like how every year there's some big brain industrial design geniuses that decide to reinvent the bicycle, but worse

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

WoodrowSkillson posted:

id love to see how little elon understands of how car safety works lol

"safety third ... though there's nothing in second place, safety is not getting promoted to number two"

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/elon-musk-the-architect-of-tomorrow-120850/

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

elon musk is smarter than most journalists

f stop Fitzgerald is right

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

apatheticman posted:

Whats with the ouya tags

i have no clue, i think it's from this thread perhaps. just a hunch. let's get some Something Awful Forums Files going, someone volunteer to work for jeffery for free

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Three Olives posted:

I just bought my first domestic car in my life, god help them if I take it in and they try and give me a base Focus as a loaner.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao eat poo poo nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon musk